StreakDroid 1.5.3 Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest nochancenine
id try reinstalling 1.5 firstly, other than that pm logs

I reinstalled 1.5 and still have the problem with location services. I PM'ed you the logs on pastebin, thanks.

Guest Neugene

I updated to 1.5 and encountered the GPS problem and kept getting a message that the market was unable to download any app that I tried. Factory reset, re-flashed 1.5 and even reverted to 1.4.6

The Market is still giving me the same error. Any ideas?

Thanks

Edited by Neugene

Guest anthscorner

hi the blank calander is back and also the wireless tether doesn't seem as stable as 1.4.6. The new market is cool, nice one Steve. Keep up the good work. Thanks.

Guest adzman808
I updated to 1.5 and encountered the GPS problem and kept getting a message that the market was unable to download any app that I tried. Factory reset, re-flashed 1.5 and even reverted to 1.4.6

The Market is still giving me the same error. Any ideas?

Thanks

have u tried clearin data from download manager & market within apps?

(you'll have to read enter all ur google login stuff, but hey small pricve to pay if it works & no harm if it doesn't)

Guest joefman
So far I'm enjoying this build quite a bit, but why is quickoffice gone?

fix this the same way as the "dell sync" problem: just grab it off the 1.4.6. worked for me!! :)

anyone help? 3g data worked fine, just stopped working for no apparent reason. installed some air-plane toggle widgets, then uninstalled them. no 3g data.

did the airplane toggle rename the apns ? some choose to do that

Guest aLpHa K7

I reverted back to 1.4.6 because of the camera deal, small issue I know but is there any way that the minor font tweak from 1.4.6 could be pulled into 1.5.0? I found it very pleasing to the eye!

I'll keep an eye out for the force close fix in regards to settings and volume

Hey Steve,

This new build is great! Very smooth and quick. I really like the new bundled browser and the gingerbread features are great. I really like the keyboard.

Keep up the good work!

Jimi

Guest j_koziatek89

hey I'm currently running android official 2.2, I came over from the leaked 02 rom... I've been trying to install this rom and I'm having difficulty... I have clockwork, I have root, and when I go to boot in recovery mode it just restarts the streak. am I missing something? has this been covered?.... I really would like to install your rom as I've heard nothing but good things. Thank you in advance

Guest mancterrier

I think this is the smoothest build so far steve. Also has anyone else noticed it seems to have taken away the problem of the sticky lock/non responsive screen?

One negative though ive noticed is ive picked up my streak and its completely shut itself down and wont reboot. Have to pull the battery?

Anyone else had this or just me?

Guest epuarlana

I was playing with the camera settings.. and somehow i messed it up. now everytime I want to start the cam, it gets a "camera not detected" or sth like that.

i just recognized, that my streak is pretty warm where the cam sits. i think it was running all the day, although the cam app won't start. (this would also explain the massive battery drain I just got today)

FYI

For those who are having problems with GPS, I did a restore from a old backup to restore phones settings and the GPS works now. I'm not sure why. The GPS worked before the 1.5 update and I did a restore right before upgrading, but it didn't work. So, you might try an older restore...

Guest SKYSCRAPER04
have u tried clearin data from download manager & market within apps?

(you'll have to read enter all ur google login stuff, but hey small pricve to pay if it works & no harm if it doesn't)

heres what you can do about your problem on market....

1.)download an app on the market called ANDROID MATE

2.)GO TO THE FILE EXPLORER /SYSTEM/APP AND FIND MARKET UPDATER(CLICK ON IT AND REPLACE IT)IT WORKS FOR ME MAYBE IT WORK FOR U TOO....

3.)do step 2 and find VENDING and click on it and replace.IT WORKS FOR ME MAYBE IT WORK FOR U TOO

Edited by SKYSCRAPER04

Hey Steve - watching logs for a lil and I keep seeing the same wifi tethering error... also, another geolocation one (not sure if the same as I sent or not so thought i'd include)

this tethering one pops up a lot it seems...

10-18 12:48:03.626 E/Tethering(  140): attempting to remove unknown iface (usb0), ignoring
and the geolocator
10-18 12:52:23.356 E/ReverseGeocodeLocationWorker( 3640): Reverse geocoding failed

10-18 12:52:23.356 E/ReverseGeocodeLocationWorker( 3640): java.io.IOException: Service not Available

10-18 12:52:23.356 E/ReverseGeocodeLocationWorker( 3640): 	at android.location.Geocoder.getFromLocation(Geocoder.java:117)

10-18 12:52:23.356 E/ReverseGeocodeLocationWorker( 3640): 	at com.droidworks.geospatial.ReverseGeocodeLocationWorker.run(ReverseGeocodeLocationWorker.java:44)

10-18 12:52:23.356 E/ReverseGeocodeLocationWorker( 3640): 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1096)
finally, looking through this i see another error mentioning the sensor... thought i'd tack it on here...
10-18 12:52:06.056 D/PhoneWindowManager(  140): screenTurnedOn

10-18 12:52:06.056 E/SensorHAL(  140): [WH Lee] sensors_data_poll:: mask is zero!! sActiveSensors:0

10-18 12:52:06.056 E/SensorHAL(  140): [WH Lee] sensors_data_device_poll-sensor_of_pick:0

10-18 12:52:06.056 E/SensorHAL(  140): [WH Lee] sensors_control_device_activate:: ACCELEROMETER en:1

10-18 12:52:06.056 D/PhoneWindowManager(  140): ===>Enabling listeners

10-18 12:52:06.086 E/SensorHAL(  140): [WH Lee] sensors_data_device_poll-return -3

10-18 12:52:06.086 D/SensorManager(  140): sensor == -3 , poll before activate sensor, wait for sensor avtivate.

10-18 12:52:06.116 D/LockScreen(  140): Updating Lock Screen text to Sim

10-18 12:52:06.156 V/galacticcore(  211): WALLPAPER: onSurfaceCreated()

10-18 12:52:05.156 V/galacticcore(  211): WALLPAPER: onSurfaceChanged()

10-18 12:52:05.256 D/WifiService(  140): ACTION_SCREEN_ON

10-18 12:52:07.056 D/KeyguardViewMediator(  140): pokeWakelock(5000)

10-18 12:52:06.306 D/KeyguardViewMediator(  140): pokeWakelock(5000)

10-18 12:52:06.416 D/StatusBarPolicy(  140): asu = 7 ,Ec_no = -1

Edited by Kohawk

Anybody getting the YouTube rotation lock issue in 1.5? It went away when I flashed 1.43, but since going to 1.5, the problem came back.

Alternately, anybody have a good substitute for the YouTube app that I can use as a band-aid until this issue gets sorted out?

Guest aLpHa K7
heres what you can do about your problem on market....

1.)download an app on the market called ANDROID MATE

2.)GO TO THE FILE EXPLORER /SYSTEM/APP AND FIND MARKET UPDATER(CLICK ON IT AND REPLACE IT)IT WORKS FOR ME MAYBE IT WORK FOR U TOO....

3.)do step 2 and find VENDING and click on it and replace.IT WORKS FOR ME MAYBE IT WORK FOR U TOO

I'm having the same problem when I reverted back to 1.4.6

I also couldn't find Andriod Mate?

Guest iskrosz

after moving to 1.5 i notice that my default FB and Twitter widget stop working. any chance this is due to the upgrade. love 1.5 so much and do not want to go back to 1.4.6. any help appreciated.

Anybody getting the YouTube rotation lock issue in 1.5? It went away when I flashed 1.43, but since going to 1.5, the problem came back.

Alternately, anybody have a good substitute for the YouTube app that I can use as a band-aid until this issue gets sorted out?

I had the same problem as you. That's the first thing I notice as I always use it.

Guest topshelf95

So the issues of GPS not working, wifi not working, market problems, and data connectivity............are these fairly widespread? I'm seeing a lot of posts about these but not many posts of people saying that everything works fine. Can I expect that if I flash this it is highly likely that I will have one or more of these issues? No real issues with 1.4.6 right now so as much as I love the idea of 1.5, I would prefer not to have any problems. Anyone flashed this that has had zero problems?

Guest iskrosz
So the issues of GPS not working, wifi not working, market problems, and data connectivity............are these fairly widespread? I'm seeing a lot of posts about these but not many posts of people saying that everything works fine. Can I expect that if I flash this it is highly likely that I will have one or more of these issues? No real issues with 1.4.6 right now so as much as I love the idea of 1.5, I would prefer not to have any problems. Anyone flashed this that has had zero problems?

successfully upgraded from 1.4.6 to 1.5 without any GPS, WiFi or Market issues. did a factory reset on 1.4.6 to make the market works but 1.5 does not require any factory reset. For GPS, it does takes sometime before it get lock but works fine after that. only issue i'm facing is the default FB & Twitter not updating which could be not related to the update of 1.5

Guest jnovello

Upgrade from 1.46 to 1.5, after flash I was stuck at Dell logo for 10 minutes. I pulled the battery and left it out for 30 sec, put it back in and the logo came straight up again. Pulled the battery left it out for 1 minute and it booted right up to 1.5. NO GPS issues, no market issues, no audio issues, no wifi issues. Everything is working as it should 48 hrs in as far as I have seen. Still at top of the heap in qaudrant with no messing around in Build.prop.

Guest zaharzakariah

huhuh.....i already flash dj sh 1.5.0.....but only problem is....i canot setting some of the menu....like volume setting......

appeared popup....sorry. the aplication (process.com.android.setting) has stopped unexpectedly. pls try again......

how to resolve this?