StreakDroid 1.5.3 Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest iskrosz
huhuh.....i already flash dj sh 1.5.0.....but only problem is....i canot setting some of the menu....like volume setting......

appeared popup....sorry. the aplication (process.com.android.setting) has stopped unexpectedly. pls try again......

how to resolve this?

for the brightness, use the power control widget. for the sound, i'm just using the button.

Guest topshelf95
successfully upgraded from 1.4.6 to 1.5 without any GPS, WiFi or Market issues. did a factory reset on 1.4.6 to make the market works but 1.5 does not require any factory reset. For GPS, it does takes sometime before it get lock but works fine after that. only issue i'm facing is the default FB & Twitter not updating which could be not related to the update of 1.5

Upgrade from 1.46 to 1.5, after flash I was stuck at Dell logo for 10 minutes. I pulled the battery and left it out for 30 sec, put it back in and the logo came straight up again. Pulled the battery left it out for 1 minute and it booted right up to 1.5. NO GPS issues, no market issues, no audio issues, no wifi issues. Everything is working as it should 48 hrs in as far as I have seen. Still at top of the heap in qaudrant with no messing around in Build.prop.

Sweet! Gave me all the encouragment I needed. Flashing now! (fingers crossed) :)

So the issues of GPS not working, wifi not working, market problems, and data connectivity............are these fairly widespread? I'm seeing a lot of posts about these but not many posts of people saying that everything works fine. Can I expect that if I flash this it is highly likely that I will have one or more of these issues? No real issues with 1.4.6 right now so as much as I love the idea of 1.5, I would prefer not to have any problems. Anyone flashed this that has had zero problems?

I went from 1.4.1 to 1.5.0 without any problems.

gps working, wifi working and data working.

Guest bulldog82
nothing at the moment but there too much goodies in 1.5 which make it a great build.

Updated directly from 1.4.6

All data/apps remains intact , what a great relief

Working well no issues at all: gps, wifi, 3G

Miren browser fc sometimes , anyway I still prefer dolphin or stock browser which works beautifully

My other frequent used apps: newsroom, twidroid pro, tweet deck, k9 mail, facebook, beautiful widgets, pap go x5, brut google maps no issues

Brightness - fc I use power widget to set. Volume fc didn't face such problem

Mine is Dell UK retail unlock set. I upgraded to eclair build 6941 then to Stephen 1.1.1 , 1.4.6

In all cases the rom upgrades went well without any problems

I had the same problem as you. That's the first thing I notice as I always use it.

+1 ran into this youtube orientation lock while on engadget.. Only restart fixes orientation. If logs are needed for this I can grab em

Edited by Kohawk

Uh oh, looks like the calendar is broken again. I am getting a blank screen like pre-1.42 builds. Anybody else?

So that makes YouTube and calendar issues that I notice seem to have returned with this build.

Guest craigdabbs

i upgraded from 1.4.6 with no issues with gps or geolocation for weather widgets and so on, after installing 1.5 i could not get a GPS fix. I factory reset but didn't help either, then downgraded to 1.4.6 again and still had the issue.

I live in a fairly rural area so im without signal quite a lot, but as soon as i set up my apn and acquired a mobile data signal my gps was locked. Still dont have any geolocation services tho for weather widgets ect.

My baseband is GAUSB1A130500-EU

i noticed DJ had a different number, could this be the issue?

Just flashed from 1.4.6 to 1.5.0 NoBB version. Downgraded the baseband before the upgrade. All ok so far. GPS seems to be working, as does wifi and market. Have FCs with Brightness & volume control. Have yet to try my SIM card using RebelSIM. Will check that out and post back.

Guest finalmoksha
Just flashed from 1.4.6 to 1.5.0 NoBB version. Downgraded the baseband before the upgrade. All ok so far. GPS seems to be working, as does wifi and market. Have FCs with Brightness & volume control. Have yet to try my SIM card using RebelSIM. Will check that out and post back.

Same here. Works fine with rebel sim v1.2. No other issues at all..

Guest Neugene

I finally got the market and download things sorted out.

Now the audio options for the dock are gone. Under dock settings there is nothing to set how it responds when inserted into the dock. As a result I cannot turn the internal speaker off when using the dock. Is there a quick fix for this?

Guest madd_dog
I finally got the market and download things sorted out.

Now the audio options for the dock are gone. Under dock settings there is nothing to set how it responds when inserted into the dock. As a result I cannot turn the internal speaker off when using the dock. Is there a quick fix for this?

Ah.. Same question. Except that I would like turn the internal speaker ON when connecting to the dock.

Guest Crinos512
I'm also getting lots of restarts... About 3-4x a day.

+1 (me too) at least 2x last night alone.

I'll see if I can isolate the logs for ya.

done... here ya go: Log.zip

Edited by Crinos512

Guest sideshow
Blank Calendar issue comes back again. GPS/Wifi work fine :)

Has anyone been able to fix the "blank" calendar via Factory Reset? Like above, I'm having no issues save the calendar. Went from 1.4.6->1.5.0 with no FR. Somebody else mentioned that the cal was a bug that had appeared in a previous version? If so, I wasn't sure if a FR would fix it or not? Anyway, don't wanna reset if I don't have to, so just wondering if anyone has known it to make a difference or not on the calendar issue. Cheers.

Guest Stephen Hyde
Has anyone been able to fix the "blank" calendar via Factory Reset? Like above, I'm having no issues save the calendar. Went from 1.4.6->1.5.0 with no FR. Somebody else mentioned that the cal was a bug that had appeared in a previous version? If so, I wasn't sure if a FR would fix it or not? Anyway, don't wanna reset if I don't have to, so just wondering if anyone has known it to make a difference or not on the calendar issue. Cheers.

calendars easy fix grab the two cal files form downloads.streakdroid.com/djsteve/app and replace /system/app versions

Read the 14 pages but no mention of Market problem so here I go...

Steve, Installed it today after a full reset from the DELL menue + Clockwork.

I must have something not quite right in my config from the Market...

Each time I try to download PAYING apps, I get the infamous "a server error has occured. Retry or cancel and return to the previous page"

Any idea why it is fdoing that and how to fix it? :)

All free apps are downloading normally...

Many thanks

Edited by BooToo

I was on 1.4.6 prior to flashing 1.5 I decided to flash dsp1 for the camera fix. Since then the phone is stuck on Dell logo. I removed the battery and tried rebooting several times but still stuck. Does not even enter recovery mode by pressing volume buttons or fastboot mode either.

Guest slarty01

Steve you are a genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No more wifi lags no more GPRS lags no more 3G issues, speed increase market is awsome. Upgrade was easy even for a dunce like me. This is everything I have wanted from my phone just going to test hdmi but I don't really care about that to be honest Thank you for your dedicated work!!!

Edit: spoke a little to soon I use a dual Sim card which has an all called SIM toolkit and its gone sob so I can't swap between sims any idea how I can get it back :) its by SIMore

Edit: sorted killed it in applications and sim manager then just went back to apps drawer and it was there all sorted :) happy bunny :(

Edit oh and GPS is more accurate I get an accurate fix in my front room opposed to it reporting I'm two miles from my location!

Edited by slarty01

Guest cswrs500
huhuh.....i already flash dj sh 1.5.0.....but only problem is....i canot setting some of the menu....like volume setting......

appeared popup....sorry. the aplication (process.com.android.setting) has stopped unexpectedly. pls try again......

how to resolve this?

+1 for me same problem....