StreakDroid 1.5.3 Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest madd_dog

QUOTE(zaharzakariah @ Dec 13 2010, 04:34) *

huhuh.....i already flash dj sh 1.5.0.....but only problem is....i canot setting some of the menu....like volume setting......

appeared popup....sorry. the aplication (process.com.android.setting) has stopped unexpectedly. pls try again......

how to resolve this?

+1 for me same problem....

+1 same problem

Edited by madd_dog

Guest pjg_pigeon
calendars easy fix grab the two cal files form downloads.streakdroid.com/djsteve/app and replace /system/app versions

Oops. I mistakenly tried to install the files, and now the calendar no longer appears in the list of apps. Do I have any choice other than reflashing the 1.5.0 to restore the missing app.

Guest JackDupp
Me too.. Had about 5 today.. Dont normally have any

Same here. Mine's restarting all the time when it's just sitting there doing nothing (never had this problem on earlier builds).

Guest nanostreak
Same here. Mine's restarting all the time when it's just sitting there doing nothing (never had this problem on earlier builds).

Odd, my wife's Streak also did that yesterday. Rebooted about 5 times last night. Today apparently not anymore without any fixing attempt.

Mine is exactly the same, we both also have the battery percentage fix installed but mine does not spontaneously reboot.

Last.FM is now working. Yay!

Thank you Steve! You're a wizard.

I'll have to apply the Linux performance hack once you have straightened out the script.

Guest flapheadx
Oops. I mistakenly tried to install the files, and now the calendar no longer appears in the list of apps. Do I have any choice other than reflashing the 1.5.0 to restore the missing app.

dont forget to adjust access permissions (rw-r--r--). worked for me after a reboot...

Guest nochancenine

This pastebin link below has the section of my logcat that seems to contain where the location services fail with "Your current location is temporarily unavailable" in Maps.

http://pastebin.com/gjA8hrcT

40.E/loc_api_rpc_glue(  140): loc_api_sync_ioctl: loc_api_wait_callback failed, returned 8 (select id 0)

Is there any helpful information to determine what's going on there?

Guest LuckySmurf
calendars easy fix grab the two cal files form downloads.streakdroid.com/djsteve/app and replace /system/app versions

I'm trying this, and admittedly so, I could be doing something wrong but I keep getting the install_failed_no_certificates message. Thoughts?

Guest RedSlug

I've noticed a couple of reboots per day. There maybe more, but I haven't noticed it happening :)

Also, my 3G performance is extremely poor. Checked settings, all OK.

Steve , i am currently on v 2.2 stock 318. This one looks like a very solid built. No major issues so far, excpt for the occasinal market force close.

ROtation, settings, camera and calendar work very well. May be u could take a look at what is different between the 2 version.

Copied the files into /system/app but now there's no calendar at all. Restarted and the calendar files are still in the directory, but no calendar app in my app list.

edit--Oh, edited the FILE permissions and got it to work. Thought all I had to mess with was folder permissions.

Edited by gilrad

Ok - think I found 'fix' (work around I guess) for the youtube orientation lock. I uninstalled all updates to youtube in the app manager. Went into youtube in apps tray, played a video, got out and still have autorotation. :)

Guest vijay15

Count me as a +1 for the location issue!

I can connect when i am in clear view of outside with my GPS, but it cant find my location using just wireless signals. For the record it WAS able to when I was on 1.1.1! Any suggestions? Anything better than reverting back (which is NOT an option!)

I was on 1.4.6 prior to flashing 1.5 I decided to flash dsp1 for the camera fix. Since then the phone is stuck on Dell logo. I removed the battery and tried rebooting several times but still stuck. Does not even enter recovery mode by pressing volume buttons or fastboot mode either.

Can somebody help with this please.

Guest haynesteve
Copied the files into /system/app but now there's no calendar at all. Restarted and the calendar files are still in the directory, but no calendar app in my app list.

edit--Oh, edited the FILE permissions and got it to work. Thought all I had to mess with was folder permissions.

Having ame problem - but how do you edit file permissions ?

Guest SKYSCRAPER04
Having ame problem - but how do you edit file permissions ?

use ROOT EXPLORER APP from the market...open root explorer go to/system/app and long press on the calendar.apk and tap on the PERMISSION...