StreakDroid 1.5.3 Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest PipoXtreme

I've reset and set it up my Streak again yesterday evening and now the gps works again... But not in Fancy Widget :)

but hpefully there comes a update next days..

Guest vinokirk

Issues I am having:

-Blank Calendar

-Brightness FC

-No 'H' sign

-Cellular signal seems weak

-Battery life seems poor compared to 1.4.6

I'm not asking for help btw. Just listing my issues for reference :)

Edited by vinokirk

Guest nochancenine
I've reset and set it up my Streak again yesterday evening and now the gps works again... But not in Fancy Widget :)

but hpefully there comes a update next days..

I think this is similar to what I'm experiencing. For me it is specifically the location services that aren't working... as in the services that are available when indoors with the settings selected under "Location & security" -> "My Location" -> "Use wireless networks" and "Use assisted GPS"

For example, even when indoors the main page of google.com used to always display my current location right under the search box when connected to 3G or Wifi with these setting enabled. Now it always displays "Location unavailable"

Also, when indoors, doing something like "Get directions" in Maps with "My Location" as the origin will always result in "Your current location is temporarily unavailable" Outdoors I can get a lock on the GPS satellites and this works, so it seems for me that it's not the GPS that's not working, but rather the "Use wireless networks" and "Use assisted GPS" capabilities that are not working.

Guest luckyauto
Steve , i am currently on v 2.2 stock 318. This one looks like a very solid built. No major issues so far, excpt for the occasinal market force close.

ROtation, settings, camera and calendar work very well. May be u could take a look at what is different between the 2 version.

+1

Guest alert_bri
Steve , i am currently on v 2.2 stock 318. This one looks like a very solid built. No major issues so far, excpt for the occasinal market force close.

ROtation, settings, camera and calendar work very well. May be u could take a look at what is different between the 2 version.

That would be the best of all worlds imho... Stephen's support for overclocking, a nice clean build free of bloatware and a rock solid base.

Cheers

Brian

QUOTE(zedeff @ Dec 13 2010, 22:55) *

I was on 1.4.6 prior to flashing 1.5 I decided to flash dsp1 for the camera fix. Since then the phone is stuck on Dell logo. I removed the battery and tried rebooting several times but still stuck. Does not even enter recovery mode by pressing volume buttons or fastboot mode either.

Can somebody help with this please.

I also tried the qdl tool. it gives adb fastboot error. I don't have a working streak to install adb drivers separately. Any other way?

Guest jannism
Issues I am having:

-Blank Calendar

-Brightness FC

-No 'H' sign

-Cellular signal seems weak

-Battery life seems poor compared to 1.4.6

I'm not asking for help btw. Just listing my issues for reference :)

Same here, plus my GPS and auto-rotate are now up the pictures, too. So far I've factory reset/reverted to 1.4.6 and back again and still the same.

I replaced the calendar apks as Steve suggested a few pages back and now the calendar is completely fubar. Guess I've done something silly and I'll have do another complete re-install unless anyone has anything else to offer on that?

I'm annoyed with myself more than anything as 1.4.6 was pretty-near perfect for me and I had no good reason to change.

Once again, THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT. I am posting here for reference (and also because my wife won't listen).

Guest Stephen Hyde
QUOTE(zedeff @ Dec 13 2010, 22:55) *

I was on 1.4.6 prior to flashing 1.5 I decided to flash dsp1 for the camera fix. Since then the phone is stuck on Dell logo. I removed the battery and tried rebooting several times but still stuck. Does not even enter recovery mode by pressing volume buttons or fastboot mode either.

Can somebody help with this please.

I also tried the qdl tool. it gives adb fastboot error. I don't have a working streak to install adb drivers separately. Any other way?

try using the older streakflash file (downloads.streakdroid.com/djsteve/streakflash.zip) to get to fastboot and install the correct drivers :)

try using the older streakflash file (downloads.streakdroid.com/djsteve/streakflash.zip) to get to fastboot and install the correct drivers :)

Thanks Steve. This worked finally. It didnt get into fastboot but managed to boot up fully into 1.4.6 what I had. Should I try dsp1 by downloading it again? Or just install 1.5? By the way sent you a donation this morning earlier. Thanks once again for your reply.

Hello, I am a user of rebelsim, I installed 1.5.0 nobb and my streak was always in modE plane, an idea where from comes the problem?

The installation was since made 2.2 official.

Same here, plus my GPS and auto-rotate are now up the pictures, too. So far I've factory reset/reverted to 1.4.6 and back again and still the same.

I replaced the calendar apks as Steve suggested a few pages back and now the calendar is completely fubar. Guess I've done something silly and I'll have do another complete re-install unless anyone has anything else to offer on that?

I'm annoyed with myself more than anything as 1.4.6 was pretty-near perfect for me and I had no good reason to change.

Once again, THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT. I am posting here for reference (and also because my wife won't listen).

TO ANYBODY TRYING TO FIX CALENDAR:

Make sure you set the FILE permissions as read/write once you put the two .apks in /system/apps. I did this by long-pressing the files using root explorer.

Guest zrospeed

temporary fix for GPS location problem: (well at least for me)

US Streak. i never had problems with gps on 1.4.6. updated to 1.5 and factory reset on clockwork before booting to ui. when booted everything worked except GPS, couldnt pinpoint location. no official fix yet so i decided to see what i can do.

i installed v1.4.1 and gps wass back on :)

i installed v1.4.6 and gps worked, but i decided to do a factory reset (for testing). did it via stock recovery mode. gps gone again :lol:

i installed v1.4.1 and gps was working again :)

i installed v1.5 (without any factory resets) and i have no problem getting my location :(

i actually did this a few times to see if results were the same, they were.

so yah, doing factory reset for me killed my location service. all i had to do was go back to a build that restored my gps location service and then install the latest build over it without factory reset.

this is a temporary fix for me until an official fix is up.

Guest zrospeed
clockwork facotry reset doesn't work very well, use default factory reset

yah the only time i tried clockwork factory reset was after i first installed v1.5. didnt go well lol. but all other factory reset ive done before were done on stock recovery.

edit: just for experimental purposes i stock recovery factory reset my GPS-working v1.5 and now gps is gone. currently restoring back to 1.4.1 to get back my gps, and will install v1.5 again.

edit 2: back on v1.5 and gps is back :)

Edited by zrospeed

Guest mancterrier

Mine keeps shutting down still. Not sure if its the rom or the otterbox commuter Im using...

Only way to get it back on is to remove the case and pull battery...

Guest nanostreak
TO ANYBODY TRYING TO FIX CALENDAR:

Make sure you set the FILE permissions as read/write once you put the two .apks in /system/apps. I did this by long-pressing the files using root explorer.

I use Touch Calendar and didn't even notice a problem with the stock calendar. I highly recommend it: the weekly/monthly overview is really much better, uses a small font and can be pinch-zoomed (I think the stock calendar does not display any text in the monthly overview but uses bars instead).

My stock calendar displays the Agenda without problems which I use by default. Only the weekly/monthly views don't work.

Edited by nanostreak

Guest jannism

Have since discovered Touch calendar - now if I could just get it to actually sync!

In other news, it's worth noting that my gps issue may have been a one-off as others have stated. ie - can take a while to get a position but once it's done it once it should be ok. Also, the compass is extremely accurate once again (not noticed this level of accuracy since stock 1.6)

Guest nochancenine
temporary fix for GPS location problem: (well at least for me)

US Streak. i never had problems with gps on 1.4.6. updated to 1.5 and factory reset on clockwork before booting to ui. when booted everything worked except GPS, couldnt pinpoint location. no official fix yet so i decided to see what i can do.

i installed v1.4.1 and gps wass back on :)

i installed v1.4.6 and gps worked, but i decided to do a factory reset (for testing). did it via stock recovery mode. gps gone again :P

i installed v1.4.1 and gps was working again :)

i installed v1.5 (without any factory resets) and i have no problem getting my location :(

i actually did this a few times to see if results were the same, they were.

so yah, doing factory reset for me killed my location service. all i had to do was go back to a build that restored my gps location service and then install the latest build over it without factory reset.

this is a temporary fix for me until an official fix is up.

Thanks! This temporary fix worked for me as well. It does appear that it was a factory reset on versions greater than 1.4.1 that began the issue.

I flashed back to 1.4.1 without factory reset and location services began working immediately. Then I flashed back to 1.5.0 again without factory reset and location services are still working. :lol:

Guest Adilson
Thanks! This temporary fix worked for me as well. It does appear that it was a factory reset on versions greater than 1.4.1 that began the issue.

I flashed back to 1.4.1 without factory reset and location services began working immediately. Then I flashed back to 1.5.0 again without factory reset and location services are still working. :)

I don't know how does this fit in my case: I was in official 2.2, flashed 1.5 without reset, lost location services, tried factory reset, the problem continued.

Guest PipoXtreme

I flashed back to 1.4.1 without factory reset and location services began working immediately. Then I flashed back to 1.5.0 again without factory reset and location services are still working. :)

Can please somebody bring up the link for 1.4.1 version?

Guest nanostreak
Have since discovered Touch calendar - now if I could just get it to actually sync!

You mean you don't get any appointments listed or updating/syncing is lagging? I have no problems with it.

The other thing I just found is that Touch Calendar allows to search Google Calendar back and forth for several years. FINALLY! I had this stupid CalendarCompanion that didn't work. I still think it is embarrassing for Google that the stock calendar doesn't seem to have any native search.