StreakDroid 1.5.3 Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest jayjayn1
some distanc e from gingerbread, thank google for changing the driver frameworks so much froyo drivers wont work on gingerbread, and 1-2 fps speeds make it totally unusable at min

on the plus side though for those of you who havn seen my twitter posts heres a quick preview of 1.5.3 :unsure:

Looks good steve.

I look forward to having a play with that when it drops.

Guest nonong
some distanc e from gingerbread, thank google for changing the driver frameworks so much froyo drivers wont work on gingerbread, and 1-2 fps speeds make it totally unusable at min

on the plus side though for those of you who havn seen my twitter posts heres a quick preview of 1.5.3 :unsure:

any chance on changing the framework back for the FFC so we can get the camera app working - since oovoo can now provide "facetime".

Guest DMax99
uninstalled setcpu yesterday night....all my crashes have gone...dont think its an hardware issue..

How do you uninstall setcpu? Because it comes pre ~ installed with 1.5.2?

Guest Diomed

1.5.2 seems pretty good so far. I was having problems with GPS last night, but that could have been because of my location. The MIUI music player is incredible. I've been listening to all my songs just to see the lyrics fly by as the artist sings.

Again Steve, great job.

Edit: GPS is dead on. Just tried it in the mall and got my location exactly.

Edited by Diomed

Guest chrisrotolo

what about making 2 versions 1 with front cam working in apps and the other front cam working in camera.apk? Would it be difficult? Thanks again!

Guest AndroidClone

Ok guys a little help here I've been phoneless all day. I rarely post because I search untill I find the solution but in this particular case, I cant get out of the dell logo startup. It hiccups twice with the splash animatino after going from 1.5.1 to 1.5.2 but thats all it does. I flashed the baseband through fastboot to the newest one as instructed in the latest release. Factory wiped the phone and installed steves 1.5.2 but it just hangs after that. I've also tried the 1.5.2 no baseband upgrade version and still no dice. What is the recommended downgrade or reinstall through a .pkg? then upgrade to 1.5.2 to get it going?

Guest Stephen Hyde
what about making 2 versions 1 with front cam working in apps and the other front cam working in camera.apk? Would it be difficult? Thanks again!

the pure number of framework changeswould make that a royal pain

Guest Edrill
Ok guys a little help here I've been phoneless all day. I rarely post because I search untill I find the solution but in this particular case, I cant get out of the dell logo startup. It hiccups twice with the splash animatino after going from 1.5.1 to 1.5.2 but thats all it does. I flashed the baseband through fastboot to the newest one as instructed in the latest release. Factory wiped the phone and installed steves 1.5.2 but it just hangs after that. I've also tried the 1.5.2 no baseband upgrade version and still no dice. What is the recommended downgrade or reinstall through a .pkg? then upgrade to 1.5.2 to get it going?

Reflash 1.5.1. Let it boot up at least once. After booting into 1.5.1, shut down the Streak and then go to recovery and flash 1.5.2. It will take a while to boot up the first time, but it should go through. This is exactly what I did, after getting stuck at the Dell logo for after my initial 1.5.2 flash.

Guest Edrill
might indeed readd front cam yes,

and for those of you who prefer 160dpi dispaly setting heres some screenshot love for you too

What about those who prefer 140dpi?!?! :unsure:

Guest stalkachu

Couple of notes/questions:

1. Is the percentage in the battery gone? Can't see it in those shots. @_@

2. Honestly not a big fan of transparent task bar because when it scrolls down it looks funny, but I'm one mere mortal and you've done so much, so meh. Just commenting.

3. Having a few audio problems on reboot, need to either switch to silent and back to normal to get sound enabled (or plug and remove headphones).

4. Also having some minor 3g issues where (maybe once a day) I have to go into settings to switch off and re-enable connection rather than using my desktop toggle widget. Not sure if it's widget related, but figured I should mention.

5. Is there any way to make the MIUI player have the controls stretched to fit the streak's screen? I know it's picky, but if there's an easy mod (resolution or such), would be nice to know?

6. Big one here. but is there any way to set the default orientation to portrait, rather than landscape? So that if you turned off auto-rotate, it would lock portrait. I'm trying to use google gesture control and that defaults to landscape and can't change that, and since I tend to use it in portrait would be nice to make it consistent. I've got launcher locked to portrait by using Go Launcher, (I know ADW does it as well), but apps keep popping back and forth so would be nice to keep them clean and still.

7. What's the ETA on 1.5.3? :unsure:

Thanks so much for everything you do, you made my streak into the best phone I've ever owned, and I want to thank you for that.

Cheers!

Take care,

Oli

Edited by stalkachu

Guest kirkla79

Also having problems with no sound at reboot. Easily fixed by going into sound setting and exiting, I dont even have to change any settings.

For whatever it is worth, I had similar issues in 1.3.x, disappeared for 1.4.x, and came back for the 1.5.x series.

Other wise everything is working great. I am looking forward for the transparent taskbar, since the only other transparent bar I seen around only worked with live wallpapers.

Guest dwnhllfreak
I keep getting installation unsuccessful for some apps, i cleared data in market and still.doesnt work, anyone help me out?

What works for me is to unmount your SD card. Then install the app that fails. Then remount the SD card.

Guest AndroidClone

Ok I got my streak back up and running. The only way it worked was if I ran 1.5.1 first rebooted did the 1.5.2 install and did not wipe. setcpu crashes upon boot.

Guest furryfrog

I saw some of #3 and #4 below. #3 happened also after going to voice dial and coming back out = no sound. also headphone controls don't seem to work for me in 1.5.2. #4 happened once or twice randomly.

Couple of notes/questions:

1. Is the percentage in the battery gone? Can't see it in those shots. @_@

2. Honestly not a big fan of transparent task bar because when it scrolls down it looks funny, but I'm one mere mortal and you've done so much, so meh. Just commenting.

3. Having a few audio problems on reboot, need to either switch to silent and back to normal to get sound enabled (or plug and remove headphones).

4. Also having some minor 3g issues where (maybe once a day) I have to go into settings to switch off and re-enable connection rather than using my desktop toggle widget. Not sure if it's widget related, but figured I should mention.

5. Is there any way to make the MIUI player have the controls stretched to fit the streak's screen? I know it's picky, but if there's an easy mod (resolution or such), would be nice to know?

6. Big one here. but is there any way to set the default orientation to portrait, rather than landscape? So that if you turned off auto-rotate, it would lock portrait. I'm trying to use google gesture control and that defaults to landscape and can't change that, and since I tend to use it in portrait would be nice to make it consistent. I've got launcher locked to portrait by using Go Launcher, (I know ADW does it as well), but apps keep popping back and forth so would be nice to keep them clean and still.

7. What's the ETA on 1.5.3? :unsure:

Thanks so much for everything you do, you made my streak into the best phone I've ever owned, and I want to thank you for that.

Cheers!

Take care,

Oli

Getting a Cannot connect to camera problem, is that what the 720p fix is for? Otherwise its a bit weird, might have been something I installed as it was working previously.

Pretty annoying, have to look into asap as well as the battery issue that I just got as it lasts half a day instead of a full day. Again both issues didn't occur first 2 days so must be something I have installed.

Did you find the solution for this problem? Got it after flashing 1.5.1 and until now the camera doesn't work. Thanks for all answers.

Guest tralivali

Hi, Stephen!

Swype in your firmware does not include Russian language.

Can you include it or not to include Swype? Or provide the ability to remove Swype and install own version.

Thanks.

Guest stalkachu

Strange issue last night, where I got a 15% battery warning, and then a minute later the battery went red and the screen basically went dim and the screen stopped working. You could still see the images, but with basically zero backlight and almost like a calculator screen at a bad angle. By pressing power you could light it up, but then the screen wasn't responding, neither were the touch buttons. Had to do a battery pull, and recharge, when it was apparently at 0% straight away because it wasn't charging in the weird state it was in. First time it's happened, so maybe it's a one-off hardware fault, but thought I should mention.

Battery life is normally very good, first time I've had it just die on me like that. Strange.

Once again, no diss, just putting the information out there!

Take care,

Stalks

Did you find the solution for this problem? Got it after flashing 1.5.1 and until now the camera doesn't work. Thanks for all answers.

Hi, yeh I reflashed 1.5.1 and it started working again. am sure I wiped everything including cache, etc.

Going to leave 1.5.2 until the volume issue is sorted as some people still have it on that build.

Guest drewesq

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered before, but since using Steves 1.5.1 (which I love) I haven't been able to get HSPDA at all, does anyone know a work around??? I am on a O2 device.

Guest superutp
Sorry if this question has been asked and answered before, but since using Steves 1.5.1 (which I love) I haven't been able to get HSPDA at all, does anyone know a work around??? I am on a O2 device.

have u tried creating/changing your access point name(APN) to mobile.o2.co.uk??

I have always had to do it initially on steve;s builds..

Guest superutp

After using this build for the last 3 days I am absolutely loving it...

only thing is that I have had to uninstall setcpu since it interferes with the cpu resulting in lags...for eg. in moving through screens, playing games...

I have tried using setcpu 2.02, 2.04 as well as 2.1 without any success..

not that the version is slow or anything but its nice to overclock it...

has anybody else had similar problems, and is there a way of solving it?

Guest drewesq
have u tried creating/changing your access point name(APN) to mobile.o2.co.uk??

I have always had to do it initially on steve;s builds..

My APN is already mobile.o2.co.uk

any other ideas?! I don't really want to use O2s official build......!