StreakDroid 1.5.3 Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Pico Salazar

I just updated to 1.5.3 and whenever I click on an email through the Stage Email widget I get an error:

The process com.dell.launcher hasstopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Any ideas?

Guest anthscorner
I'll know in about 5 minutes... :unsure:

Will report back... for those who are more patient than I.

It is but if you're flashing a factory reset don't restore the adw ex setting as it hangs. Works fine if you reconfigure the ui, screen, draw etc.

Thanks.

Guest ClippinWings
I'll know in about 5 minutes... :unsure:

Will report back... for those who are more patient than I.

It's Black in ADW EX...

which is fine by me... fixes the hard to read icons issue with 1.5.2

Guest gingernator
can anyone tell me if the status bar is transparent under ADW EX?

It is, although you have to disable the wallpaper hack option in the preferences.

Edited by gingernator

Guest ClippinWings
It is, although you have to disable the wallpaper hack option in the preferences.

Good catch... thanks....

but um... Why i doe sit look like hell in the market?

Is it like that on other Launchers?

Guest ClippinWings

also anyone know where i can get more gingerbread-ish icons for the dock bar?

I have

phone - handcent - app drawer - maps - browser

on there and handcent and maps I am using icons of the "elegant" theme... can't seem to find matching greenish ones

Edited by ClippinWings

Guest gingernator
Good catch... thanks....

but um... Why i doe sit look like hell in the market?

Is it like that on other Launchers?

Probably due to the bar itself being transparent, so whatevers the background of the app becomes the background of the bar.

Guest stryfe604

Ok I'm pretty noob, and I'm afraid of bricking my streak. Now that that is out of the way. Im on the stock At&t 1.6 unlocked and I have universal Androot on the phone. Just wondering is it possible to from 1.6 to 1.5.3, and how exactly qdtool on streak droid and such works. If someone can help me, that would be great and much appreciated. Thanks again and keep up the great work Steve

Guest MiloStreak

I like the splash screen after flashing 1.5.3. It shows how the pathetic Dell Logo being split in the center and the STREAK DROID By DJ Steve show up. Oh boy!!! what a heavenly feeling....

It only means that the Dell Logo is being ripped open, hacked, cracked with all their crappiness, and being replaced by Steve's magnificent and splendid Streak Droid ROM.

Thanks Steve for this awesome ROM, and to everyone like Fards, & Quikt... Thanks for making Dell Streak a wonderful device..

Guest tjagolf33
Ok I'm pretty noob, and I'm afraid of bricking my streak. Now that that is out of the way. Im on the stock At&t 1.6 unlocked and I have universal Androot on the phone. Just wondering is it possible to from 1.6 to 1.5.3, and how exactly qdtool on streak droid and such works. If someone can help me, that would be great and much appreciated. Thanks again and keep up the great work Steve

There's a thread for upgrading and downgrading on the forum which has the steps you should follow. You can get the instructions/files necessary there. I just did it on my friend's phone with the following steps:

Flash recovery/update to O2 1.6 build 4399

Flash recovery/update to O2 2.1

Use OTA update to stock Dell 2.2

Flash recovery/baseband and update to 1.5.3

Guest nonong

just upgraded from 1.5.2 to 1.5.3 and everything is reallllly slooowww my quadrant score is 572 - i've cleared the davlik-cache and reboot several times, anyone else have this issue?

Guest Kohawk
just upgraded from 1.5.2 to 1.5.3 and everything is reallllly slooowww my quadrant score is 572 - i've cleared the davlik-cache and reboot several times, anyone else have this issue?

just ran quadrant, got a 1480... same upgrade path. you have an app or live wallpaper maybe not playing nice?

Guest killerbz

Uh oh...

Well 1st, I love the ROM, as I have loved all your ROMs Steve, but.....

I just encountered my 1st issue...my 3G now says H in the status bar, any easy fixes for that?

1st time I have seen it since 2.1.

Guest TheSacredSoul

Can anyone upload the new boot animation to mediafire? I flashed the R2D2 boot animation on my 1.5.2 and it still remains in 1.5.3.

Guest Pico Salazar
Uh oh...

Well 1st, I love the ROM, as I have loved all your ROMs Steve, but.....

I just encountered my 1st issue...my 3G now says H in the status bar, any easy fixes for that?

1st time I have seen it since 2.1.

H is good, you want H. H is 3.5G.