StreakDroid 1.5.3 Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Kohawk
Uh oh...

Well 1st, I love the ROM, as I have loved all your ROMs Steve, but.....

I just encountered my 1st issue...my 3G now says H in the status bar, any easy fixes for that?

1st time I have seen it since 2.1.

Not really an issue, but find this line and change in build.prop >> reboot

ro.build.FEATURE_HSPA_DATA_ICON=1 to =0

simply cosmetic.

Guest stryfe604

Anyone know how to turn off driver verification for QDLTool? Ive tried bcdedit /set nointegritychecks ON but it doesnt seem to work. Running Windows home premium 64 Bit

Guest tjagolf33

That Video Live Wallpaper kept crashing so now I'm trying to flash 1.5.2 back onto my device but as of 2 installs and factory resets, no luck! Waited 10+ minutes at Dell logo each time. Going to try and reinstall 1.5.3 now...

Guest Cue_32
Anyone know how to turn off driver verification for QDLTool? Ive tried bcdedit /set nointegritychecks ON but it doesnt seem to work. Running Windows home premium 64 Bit

At the boot screen of your PC

Guest SKYSCRAPER04
Tried re-installing 1.5.3 and it froze at the StreakDroid screen ("By DJ_Steve" stopped fading in and out)... Any suggestions?

try install 318 and then 1.5.1 and lastly 1.5.3...

Guest tjagolf33
try install 318 and then 1.5.1 and lastly 1.5.3...

Didn't have 318 on my phone, but I factory reset twice more and ended up back with 1.5.3. Tried flashing 1.5.2 again and had the same result (Dell logo for ~30 mins after multiple factory resets). Guess this build isn't backwards-compatible?

Guest killerbz
Not really an issue, but find this line and change in build.prop >> reboot

ro.build.FEATURE_HSPA_DATA_ICON=1 to =0

simply cosmetic.

I know it is cosmetic, the performance is excellent, I just wanted to find a way to fix it if I could.

Looked through the build prop 3 times and couldn't find. The closest thing I found was ro.build.APP_DATA_ENABLE=1.

Can you give exact direction on how to get there to make sure I am going the correct way? Also, what program should I use to open it, I used NotePad, and if I save it in NotePad is it going to screw anything up.

For anyone who replies...please act like your telling a 5 yr old.... Me <---NUB

Guest alert_bri
I know it is cosmetic, the performance is excellent, I just wanted to find a way to fix it if I could.

Looked through the build prop 3 times and couldn't find. The closest thing I found was ro.build.APP_DATA_ENABLE=1.

Can you give exact direction on how to get there to make sure I am going the correct way? Also, what program should I use to open it, I used NotePad, and if I save it in NotePad is it going to screw anything up.

What exactly is the problem? it's supposed to show 'H' when you've got a 'H'igh speed GSM signal. If you go into a crappy area for GSM signal does it drop to 'G'? if so, this is what you want.

If it aint broke, don't try to fix it :unsure:

Cheers

Brian

Guest SAman1

Had random freezes and reboots on 1.5.2 in one day, with and without setcpu running, especially while using either of the 2 built in browsers. Hope 1.5.3 solves these issues for me or it's back to 1.5.1. Thanks for your excellent efforts DJ_Steve! I don't dig Dell's official implementation of Froyo - yours is infinitely better, if only we could have greater stability. I gave up on win mobile because it hanged or needed to be reset so frequently, and was hoping Android would be the answer. I am still hopeful. Keep up the good work!

Guest tjagolf33
What exactly is the problem? it's supposed to show 'H' when you've got a 'H'igh speed GSM signal. If you go into a crappy area for GSM signal does it drop to 'G'? if so, this is what you want.

If it aint broke, don't try to fix it :unsure:

Cheers

Brian

In the US (on AT&T anyways), the signal's normal functionality is to always just read "3G".

Guest TheSacredSoul

Use Root Explorer.

Navigate to local.prop in system/etc/

Edit local.prop

Add this line to the bottom.

ro.build.FEATURE_HSPA_DATA_ICON=1

Save and reboot. Thats it.

On a side note, 1.5.3 is definitely the best yet. No performance issues. And batter life is much MUCH better than 1.5.2. Great job steve. We cant wait for more goodies!!

Edited by TheSacredSoul

Can anyone upload the new boot animation to mediafire? I flashed the R2D2 boot animation on my 1.5.2 and it still remains in 1.5.3.

Do you have the r2d2. boot in data/local ?

Guest TheSacredSoul
Do you have the r2d2. boot in data/local ?

Yes. Now I pasted the BIOS Bootanimation over. I still wanna try the stock 1.5.3 bootanimation though.

Guest zrospeed

im back. finally got my replacement streak, it was a quick fedex delivery. i just got done installing 1.5.3 (started from AT&T 1.6). i like it. i just dont like the task bar icons. they seem pixelated. and look tiny for a big screen. maybe ill try changing the lcd density to 180.

Guest stalkachu

Just flashed 1.5.3.

Got 'System Process is Not Responding' on my first boot, but then it cleared and seems okay now.

Go Launcher has a black taskbar, for anyone wondering.

Taskbar criticisms...

I would have preferred the number to stay in the battery icon. No need to get rid of it, although the new one is pretty. :unsure:

For the startup, I think it would look better for the DJ_Steve to stay solid, and have something else flashing, probably a white dot in one of the bottom corners. Would look slightly more professional, I think.

Also as reported, the date and the operator both show up in the taskbar when notification drawer is open, so they overlap.

That aside, can't think of anything to complain about. B)

Black taskbar looks much nicer, by the way.

Thanks again for all your work!

Take care,

Oli

Guest Stephen Hyde

Trying to fit a readable number into the battery icon is near impossible due to its size. The 200+dpi settings have numbers for each 20% decrease

Guest baastien

Great job Steve, better than ever, as far I can compare !

The only minor bug I report is with alarm app. It shows 1 for sunday, 2 for monday... 'till 7.

Maybe someone could prepare us a patch for that ?

Edited by baastien

Has anyone made a phone call yet with 1.5.3? Want to know if the volume issue through the earpiece is ok.

i.e. Not just low or high but the increments work between them, thanks.

Guest vinokirk

flashing 1.5.3 on my device gives

-waiting for device-

In adb logcat. Yet flashing 1.5.0 works perfectly! Anyone any ideas?

What would you reccomend? wipe cache/data/system from recovery, or 'Factory reset' from first menu?

UPDATE:

Ive tried wipe data/system/cache and i still get the same error.

Ive tried all 3 mirrors and i still get the same error

Ive tried wipes then install, then factory reset...same error

Edited by vinokirk

Guest alert_bri
Has anyone made a phone call yet with 1.5.3? Want to know if the volume issue through the earpiece is ok.

i.e. Not just low or high but the increments work between them, thanks.

I didn't have a need to change the volume, but I can say the general operation is improved since 1.5.2 for me. Previously, I was having problems getting the phone number pad back to end the call. Now works perfectly!

Thanks again Stephen - an other incremental improvement.

Cheers

Brian

Guest LorD CLockaN

Just updated it from 1.5.2 and everything works great IMHO

There is no percentage in battery icon (like it was in 1.5.2), and icon for vibration (also the same when you press vol up or down) is very pixelated in 160 density

When unlocking streak you can se that the lock screen flyes away for 0.2 sec, but while it's flying the desktop background is black

For ADW (EX) users... disable wallpaper hack option for transparent status bar

@vinokirk:

factory reset from recovery image doesn't work

you must use factory reset from first menu!

Edited by LorD CLockaN