StreakDroid 1.5.3 Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Adilson
ok, can others report baseband version also, try to start pinning down gps issue

GAUSB1A130500-EU

Also tried the official Dell 2.2 one (I don't know which one this is). Same result.

BTW, I said gps was working but it isn't. I thought it was when I saw the gps icon but I can't get any fix.

Just tested the 1.5.0 successfully downloaded it and installed.No problem with GPS but there something wrong with the accelerometer. seems to be disoriented. I tried running on LAYAR and when I launch a layer, it went erratic. Tried GPS Status and use its compass. Its not moving.

The fring front facing camera works fine and the new market looks awesome.

Just reverted back now to 1.4.6.. and launch LAYAR and GPS Status..and its working fine again.

I might stay with 1.4.6 for now..cant complain about it..except for the front facing camera isnt working on fring.

As always DJ Steve..nice work..hope you get to look at the problem on the accelerometer..

thanks..

My BB Version is GAUSB1A130900-EU

Edited by ramtix

Guest mrmrmrmr

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the new update.

Does this include tun.ko (tunnel module) ?

Also, people report that it is faster; is this really faster than 1.4.x builds ?

Guest TimoBeil
ok, can others report baseband version also, try to start pinning down gps issue

GAUSB 30500-EU here.

With the first 1.5.0 Version I had the GPS issue. Reflashing the latest Version solved it. Now took indoor GPS-fix (9 Satellites) in 15 seconds.

Great work, Steve!

Thank you very much

Guest Stevewt
Just tested the 1.5.0 successfully downloaded it and installed.No problem with GPS but there something wrong with the accelerometer. seems to be disoriented. I tried running on LAYAR and when I launch a layer, it went erratic. Tried GPS Status and use its compass. Its not moving.

The fring front facing camera works fine and the new market looks awesome.

Just reverted back now to 1.4.6.. and launch LAYAR and GPS Status..and its working fine again.

I might stay with 1.4.6 for now..cant complain about it..except for the front facing camera isnt working on fring.

As always DJ Steve..nice work..hope you get to look at the problem on the accelerometer..

thanks!

Stephen I've noticed the same issue. It seems orientation sensors are reversed (long axis of streak vs short) which causes problems with some games (Winds of Steel) and tools (Ulysse Gizmos) for example. Tried clearing cache and your suggestion of resetting accel in settings. This was an issue with 1.4.5 and went away when you released 1.4.6. Thanks for your work!

Guest Fone_Fanatic

i guess its a good thing i took a nap while i was downloading the first release, now everything seems to be worked out.

I reinstalled the latest one (as of 15 min ago) and GPS works, got a lock in about 45 seconds. Stock browser and new market work fine but I had an issue with the sensor and orientation.

Toggling the "auto-rotate" screen and still stuck in portrait but works fine after a reboot. So not really an issue there, but i've never had a problem with it in any of the previous builds.

Accelerometer works fine, tested with SpeedX (awesome game btw, highly recommended, it even has a 3D mode if you have the glasses!)

A weird thing i noticed. After the install of the new update.zip the game (SpeedX) had no sound although multimedia volume was up and sound enabled in game. Opened up winamp, pressed play, had sound, paused, went back to speedX then sound worked.

Also same thing happened after rebooting to test the orientation would go to landscape. After the reboot i opened up youtube, it went into landscape fine this time but no sound. So i went to winamp, pressed play, sound worked, pause back to youtube and now sound works :/

I have an original US ATT devie (forgot what my original baseband was) but after flashing one of the Dell 2.2s my baseband now reads GAUSB1A130900-US

Thanks so much and glad us Streakers atleast have one dev like you on our side!

UPDATE

Right after i finished that post, device is stuck in landscape.. toggled "Auto-Rotate Screen" and still stuck in landscape, reboot it is!

I know this is a Known issue listed in the first post of all the releases but just wierd that its finally caught up to me when i've never had a problem with it before :/

Edited by Fone_Fanatic

Guest djstocks7414

great job steve everything working good for me besides the volume FC keep up the good work

Donation for your troubles and hard work :Confirmation number: 365123568P623840K

BASEBAND version 130900-US

cant wait till miui gets updated

Edited by djstocks7414

Guest superutp

might just be a stupid Q since noone has reported this....but I am not able to get my 3g working....

I have tried setting up a new APN....it shows G on the notification bar but doesnt work....

the default APN was for o2pay and go...which didnt work for me....

Is there something tht I am missing here???

oh I am on o2 locked....

Guest Fone_Fanatic

Also i keep forgetting to mention that concerning the build.prop "ro.product.locale.region=GB" sometimes messes up urls for me (and maybe other US users) so i change it to "=US" and everything works fine.

For example in google maps if i want to share an address with someone in the text it sends them a link to maps.google.co.uk instead of maps.google.com; it still takes them to the right place, just one time had a situation where a girl believed she was gonna get billed extra for going to an international URL! yes... no lie. And some friends call me to make sure i sent the right link cuz its .co.uk

also with the date "ro.com.android.dateformat=dd-MM-yyyy" i change that to "=MM-dd-yyyy"

Just thought you might want to mention that on the front page (or maybe just leave it out as to not confuse some people :) )

Thanks again!

Guest streaker3000
might just be a stupid Q since noone has reported this....but I am not able to get my 3g working....

I have tried setting up a new APN....it shows G on the notification bar but doesnt work....

the default APN was for o2pay and go...which didnt work for me....

Is there something tht I am missing here???

oh I am on o2 locked....

flash 1.5 instead of 1.5 no bb

Guest streaker3000
Stephen I've noticed the same issue. It seems orientation sensors are reversed (long axis of streak vs short) which causes problems with some games (Winds of Steel) and tools (Ulysse Gizmos) for example. Tried clearing cache and your suggestion of resetting accel in settings. This was an issue with 1.4.5 and went away when you released 1.4.6. Thanks for your work!

re: accelerometer

how does one 'clear cache'?

where is 'reset accel' in settings?

thks.