StreakDroid 1.5.3 Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest the.mister.D
Ha Ha!

mocking newbies who may just need a little assurance is a great way to enhance your popularity!

Ashwinbhai! Donn worry! All is well! Go and download it. Enjoy the best from Mr. Steve!

Guest iStormUK

I am on O2's lousy 2.1 and am biting the bullet finally. Question; can I simply run clockwork recovery on my rooted 2.1 build, or will I need to do the fastboot option?

Just updated from 1.1, including flashing the bband. All smooth and working great so far. Thanks again Steve, donated (5W9121104S4209031). Looking forward to 2.3 in the new year :)

Guest OrionBG

HELP Stephen!

I tried to update my Streak to 1.5.0 and during the CWM flash with fastboot something went wrong and the process didn't complete!1 Just stood there! I disconnected the phone and tried to enter fastboot mode again but the phone won't turn ON at all! HELP me please!

Guest LorD CLockaN
Gps and locatiom via mobile cells doesn't work with zip no1. Will try no3

I updated to no3 zip, and now gps works and it locked the sattelites in copilot in 1 second WOOT!!

But mobile cell location doesn't work in google maps, but it worked just before the update from 1.4.6

Great work DJ!

Edited by LorD CLockaN

Guest LorD CLockaN
HELP Stephen!

I tried to update my Streak to 1.5.0 and during the CWM flash with fastboot something went wrong and the process didn't complete!1 Just stood there! I disconnected the phone and tried to enter fastboot mode again but the phone won't turn ON at all! HELP me please!

you mean recovery mode? or fastboot during baseband change??

Guest rahulkadukar

Does this build have GB keyboard by default as the only Keyboard or is Swype still there ? I love Swype so would like to confirm it is there before taking a plunge :)

Guest PipoXtreme

Yesterday I updated to 1.5.0 and this morning when I wake up my Device was off.. Then I do a factory reset and install my Apps again.

when I wanna restore my backup on my laptop there was the problem that its not possible.. I connect my phone with my Laptop there was't the message for connect to my PC .. Have someone the same prob? In this pointof view its not possible to restore the backup... :)

Guest prawnballs

Just to add that I'm also having the issue with the stock music app on pause.. But I use btunes and the problem doesn't happen there.

Seemingly no issues with gps and cell tower location also seems to work.

Calender app is the same as reported, again I use the launcher pro widget instead so not a big deal.

Just an edit to add that auto rotate is not working, but I have just used YouTube so will reboot and check. *2nd edit* auto rotate fixed after reboot **

Edited by prawnballs

Guest OrionBG
you mean recovery mode? or fastboot during baseband change??

I was on 2.2 315 and tried to flash CWM with fastboot.

during execution of the bat file i've created ( I've been using this bat file many times without problems) I just stuck on one of the commands!

I waited nearly 10 min and after this I pilled the cable, then removed the battery, inserted it back and tried to go to fastboot but the phone will not even power on! Only a very quick and faint flash of the capacitive buttons backlight for a third of a sec.

The bat file I use is:

fastboot -i 0x413c -w

fastboot -i 0x413c erase system

fastboot -i 0x413c erase data

fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.alt.img

pause

fastboot -i 0x413c reboot

The output was like:

Erasing DATA ....DONE

Erasing CACHE.... (and it just stood there)

Guest neostephan10
Does this build have GB keyboard by default as the only Keyboard or is Swype still there ? I love Swype so would like to confirm it is there before taking a plunge :)

Ya Swype is still there in this rom.

Guest Charliest
ok, can others report baseband version also, try to start pinning down gps issue

Steve,

Once I updated using the second 1.5 file you uploaded, GPS worked fine :)

Thanks for your continuing efforts.

Guest MiloStreak
so it needs dell sync then :) grab it out of /system/app from 1.4.6 zip

To those who performed a factory reset after updating to the Streakdroid 1.5.0. You will notice that there is no Dell Sync App. Hence, you cannot sync your contacts on Outlook.

Just follow DJ Steve's instruction. Grab the "NeroDellSync.apk" file from the 1.4.6 update zip file.

It's inside the 1.4.6update.zip /system/app NeroDellSync.apk

Guest adzman808
Just to add that I'm also having the issue with the stock music app on pause.. But I use btunes and the problem doesn't happen there.

all of the builds i try have is this bug (i haven't tried all of them, but 1.1.1 / 1.4 / 1.4.? / 1.4.6 all did)

most people seem to go for a 3rd party player

i've attached a working version of the std player,

you should be able to install it as a stand alone app (i can on 1.4.6), it's the player from 2.1

it DOES NOT have the hdmi output option

after you install it, you'll have 2 music icons..

to resolve this delete musiC (not musiK) from system/apps using root explorer (or use some adb command that eludes me)

to install DELETE the .zip extension i've added to the file name

MusicInstallable.apk.zip

Guest neostephan10

DJ_steve you are the best.superb rom.

I'm baseband GAUSB1A130500-EU

I'm getting a force close when trying to change brightness and volume in settings.

Then I'm not able to get gps fix also.rest everything is working fine.

just needed to know how to make a log on the streak without using a pc,or would have posted logs.