StreakDroid 1.5.3 Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Stevewt
Stephen I've noticed the same issue. It seems orientation sensors are reversed (long axis of streak vs short) which causes problems with some games (Winds of Steel) and tools (Ulysse Gizmos) for example. Tried clearing cache and your suggestion of resetting accel in settings. This was an issue with 1.4.5 and went away when you released 1.4.6. Thanks for your work!

Flashed back to 1.4.6 from 1.5.0 without reset and sensor orientation is okay again. (long axis and short axis). Accelerometer works fine in 1.5.0 its just the axis of the streak are reversed somehow.

Hi Everyone...

Just need a little help... flashed 1.5.0 over 1.1.1 and lost data network. there is a constant sign of "Roaming" which i can now see. I am using Rebelsim II...

Can anyone guide what could be causing this?

Thanks

Guest superutp

ah finally got my 3G working for the time being.....got my Gps working as well....

now to stop searching for bugs and instead enjoy the latest delicacy served by steve..:)

Many many thanks for the great ROM stephen. I am on GAUSB1A120621-EU this base band. i trust this is 2.1? am i right since i havent changed it since the day i got the cell:)

Looking forward to your further guidance.

Thanks

Guest PipoXtreme
I think there is a problem with GPS on Google Maps it works.. but in the Weather App (Fancy example) no gps works ?

why this ??

Anybody a solution for this?

Guest cswrs500

i have a problem...afther flash amss.mbn ecc ecc @step n6 during update.zip flash this error appears : no signature verification failed and then automatic reboot

Edited by cswrs500

Guest nochancenine

I'm having a problem with my location finding in Maps when touching the upper right location finder, I get "Waiting for location" followed shortly by "Your current location is temporarily unavailable". Is this the same as the GPS problem people are reporting?

In my Location and Security Settings I have both "Use Wireless Networks" and "Use GPS satellites" checked. This also becomes apparent in an application like Movies where it's set to display theaters within a certain radius, no theaters appear unless I input my zip code specifically.

Here are some of my observations. I was previously using version 1.4.6 and not having this problem, using location finding services quite often. Last weekend I installed the MIUI Alpha and also did a factory reset as required. I used that for a day and then went back to 1.4.6, also doing another factory reset. That is when I first noticed that the location finding services were not working on 1.4.6. Yesterday I updated to 1.5 and I'm seeing that the location finding services are still not working for me.

Would log files be helpful to determine what's going on here? I'm not receiving any FC or crash, just the message,"Your current location is temporarily unavailable".

Thanks for any help or info on this subject.

I'm having a problem with my location finding in Maps when touching the upper right location finder, I get "Waiting for location" followed shortly by "Your current location is temporarily unavailable". Is this the same as the GPS problem people are reporting?

In my Location and Security Settings I have both "Use Wireless Networks" and "Use GPS satellites" checked. This also becomes apparent in an application like Movies where it's set to display theaters within a certain radius, no theaters appear unless I input my zip code specifically.

Here are some of my observations. I was previously using version 1.4.6 and not having this problem, using location finding services quite often. Last weekend I installed the MIUI Alpha and also did a factory reset as required. I used that for a day and then went back to 1.4.6, also doing another factory reset. That is when I first noticed that the location finding services were not working on 1.4.6. Yesterday I updated to 1.5 and I'm seeing that the location finding services are still not working for me.

Would log files be helpful to determine what's going on here? I'm not receiving any FC or crash, just the message,"Your current location is temporarily unavailable".

Thanks for any help or info on this subject.

I'm having the same problem too. (Baseband 30500-US). I didn't have problems on 1.4.6. After installing 1.5 I did a factory reset but, it still did not work. I even downgraded to 1.4.6 and it didn't work then either.. Re-installed 1.5.. still nothing.