StreakDroid 1.5.3 Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered before, but since using Steves 1.5.1 (which I love) I haven't been able to get HSPDA at all, does anyone know a work around??? I am on a O2 device.

Try reading or searching the thread, you do have hspda, just not the icon.

There's just one line you need to add either in build.prop, or the local.prop in system/etc/

That way it will get overwritten on reboot, I'd recommend the local.prop route

Just rename this by deleting the.txt if you're too lazy to find the line for yourself...

local.prop.txt

Guest alert_bri
My APN is already mobile.o2.co.uk

any other ideas?! I don't really want to use O2s official build......!

That's strange, mine is configured as wap.o2.co.uk and I'm not having any problems with data over gsm.

I am having problems with the phone though... As soon as I raise it to my ear the screen goes black doesn't return to the phone pad control screen so ending the call or using the numeric keypad mid call is mega kludgy.

It's a good job I don't use it much as a phone because at the moment its pretty poor.

Cheers

Brian

That's strange, mine is configured as wap.o2.co.uk and I'm not having any problems with data over gsm.

I am having problems with the phone though... As soon as I raise it to my ear the screen goes black doesn't return to the phone pad control screen so ending the call or using the numeric keypad mid call is mega kludgy.

It's a good job I don't use it much as a phone because at the moment its pretty poor.

Cheers

Brian

Are you using set cpu? Is so what governer do you have?

Guest alert_bri
Are you using set cpu? Is so what governer do you have?

Yes ( is there a better alternative? ) and I think I was experimenting with a couple of profiles ( one for screen off, one for <20% battery )... I'll switch back to a simple primary setting of 245-1190Mhz - always use 'conservative' governor these days.

Cheers

Brian

Guest digthemlows

Random Reboots (stare over at my phone and it's at the dell logo) multiple times a day

Doesn't link up to my WEP secured home wireless often, and looses connection often

Screen has become unresponsive multiple times.....

I've been upgrading all along and this is the first time I've had problems......I'm reflashing to 1.5.1 and will hang there for a bit, it's too frustrating to figure out what's up at this point.......I didn't have any of these problems before, and haven't added or changed any apps or anything........hmmm, don't know why it's happening?

Guest jonnybruce
Random Reboots (stare over at my phone and it's at the dell logo) multiple times a day

Doesn't link up to my WEP secured home wireless often, and looses connection often

Screen has become unresponsive multiple times.....

I've been upgrading all along and this is the first time I've had problems......I'm reflashing to 1.5.1 and will hang there for a bit, it's too frustrating to figure out what's up at this point.......I didn't have any of these problems before, and haven't added or changed any apps or anything........hmmm, don't know why it's happening?

I had loads of reboots and dell logos on 1.5.2

I just disabled setcpu completely and they all vanished.

It's been rock solid ever since.

Tried the very latest setcpu version too and that causes the same issues.

Guest digthemlows

hmmm, I'll mess with that another time, for now went back to 1.5.1, had to clear data from Gmail to get it working, otherwise, it's stable again!

Guest mrmrmrmr
some distanc e from gingerbread, thank google for changing the driver frameworks so much froyo drivers wont work on gingerbread, and 1-2 fps speeds make it totally unusable at min

hmm. that's bad news.

will it ever be possible ?

I mean, do we have a chance to recompile those drivers for Gingerbread ?

Or else, we shall be waiting for Dell to do it ? (though, I don't believe they will x)

Guest alert_bri

I notice that the miren web browser has just been updated in the market... I hope this new build won't over write the newer browser.

Cheers

Brian

Guest Roperband

I can't get 1.5.2 to work.

I'm going from official O2 2.2 Froyo to 1.5.2 and I flashed the new baseband first.

But, when I try to load the custom rom I get this message:

"finding update package"

"opening update package"

"verifying update package"

"Installing update..."

"E: Error in /sdcard/update.pkg.dec

(status 2)"

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Guest Cue_32
I can't get 1.5.2 to work.

I'm going from official O2 2.2 Froyo to 1.5.2 and I flashed the new baseband first.

But, when I try to load the custom rom I get this message:

"finding update package"

"opening update package"

"verifying update package"

"Installing update..."

"E: Error in /sdcard/update.pkg.dec

(status 2)"

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

dont rename to update.pkg... use the 'choose zip from SD' option and select the ROM. I know some had issues with going straight to 5.2...so try 1.5.1 first, then 1.5.2...

Guest Roperband
dont rename to update.pkg... use the 'choose zip from SD' option and select the ROM. I know some had issues with going straight to 5.2...so try 1.5.1 first, then 1.5.2...

**EDIT**

Got it! Thanks!

Edited by Roperband

Guest flapke

What was the maximum cpu frequency you had it set to? I've had similar problems when it was set to more than 1075 MHz. Maybe try using SetCPU with a slightly lower overclock.

ok this one might seem dumb but I have v1.5.1 and my Launcher Pro has expired, is there anyway to get to Settings so I can remove it or even update it?

I have data/wifi disabled so cannot connect to the internet to update it. I would have thought it would allow me to choose another desktop launcher but obviously not!

Thanks.

Guest stalkachu
ok this one might seem dumb but I have v1.5.1 and my Launcher Pro has expired, is there anyway to get to Settings so I can remove it or even update it?

I have data/wifi disabled so cannot connect to the internet to update it. I would have thought it would allow me to choose another desktop launcher but obviously not!

Thanks.

Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Launcher Pro -> Clear Defaults.

Then press home and you're good to go.

Hope that helps!

Take care,

Oli

Hi, thanks for the reply but I can't get to settings. I have a web browser that opens up with a popup error since I am not connected to the internet [presumably to update Launcher Pro]. When I close the browser it reopens like a cycle.

There is no option in the notifications like in 2.1 to get to the settings so any other way to get to it?

Edited by twe

Guest Roperband

Hey guys, coming from 1.6 I'm noticing major battery problems. I've tried setcpu but it closes automatically. Do I have to pay to reinstall it? Any other ideas to save battery life?

Guest 80sLoveCHILD
ok heres some shots of stage 4 of my 1.5.3 theme, looks bloody gorgeous now

nice job. when we gonna see it steve? all it really needs is the circle battery percentage symbol. thats ur fav in it steve

Guest 80sLoveCHILD
i cant stand the circle battery personally, it looks ugly and out of place, normal icon ftw

haha. on a serious note thou its lookin good.