StreakDroid Performance Mod 1

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest LorD CLockaN

hm

after reboot..

everything is slow as hell..

now mount in terminal sais everything the same except last device is now innersdd0p6 /mnt/asec/mtddata ext3

Guest LorD CLockaN

Now it seeded up i bit.. wll wait.. there must be something happening

edit:

I've now got dev/block/that thing mss something :), now rebooting...

edit:

I've lost some icons and widgets.. and setcpu FCs all the time, will wait a little and than reboot again

Edited by LorD CLockaN

Guest LorD CLockaN

noOC 2108 in quadrant!!

woohoo!

now to figure out whats up with setcpu and for you to remove fps limit

But curious why did my adw launcher lost all my settings!??!

Guest LorD CLockaN

Now going for a beer, and a few will comw your way¨!!

edit: after reset,

i lost all my settings again.. do you think I need to do factory reset?? or if I update.zip with 1.5.0 again??

After factory reset or update do I need to appy perf.zip update again??

Edited by LorD CLockaN

Guest Stephen Hyde

adb info:

dowload the perfmod update and extract it to a folder (ill assume you extracted to perfmod3 for this guide

also assuming you have adb setup and working.

right first lets push the files we need over.

adb push perfmod3/system/xbin/mkfs.ext4 /system/xbin
now you NEED to unmount the sd in android ui (settings >sd unmount) this will still wipe your card so backup first next up load up adb shell and start partitioning
adb shell
cd /system/xbin
busybox chmod -R 755 mkfs.ext4
busybox fdisk /dev/block/mmcblk1[/code] from now you should be able to follow the guideo n first post [/code]
Edited by Stephen Hyde

Guest BiboTheClown
...to take care of various tasks that are hard to do otherwise on my win7...

mmhhh... Let me think.... Sure I have one or two ideas of such things my windows cannot do as BT4 :)

I had the same as a previous poster : made every steps and didn't fount any improvement. I've checked the mount command result as suggested by Steve and didn't found the mmcblk1p2 partition.

Checked the ls-l of /etc/init.d and found the data2ext but only with u+x and g+x permissions. Chmoded it to a+x and after reboot... badaam : found the partition mounted fine.

Thanks Steve, for both 1.5 and these tweaks !

Guest Stephen Hyde
mmhhh... Let me think.... Sure I have one or two ideas of such things my windows cannot do as BT4 :)

I had the same as a previous poster : made every steps and didn't fount any improvement. I've checked the mount command result as suggested by Steve and didn't found the mmcblk1p2 partition.

Checked the ls-l of /etc/init.d and found the data2ext but only with u+x and g+x permissions. Chmoded it to a+x and after reboot... badaam : found the partition mounted fine.

Thanks Steve, for both 1.5 and these tweaks !

just test in quadrant to confirm, it should be hitting high 1000s or 2000

adb info:

dowload the perfmod update and extract it to a folder (ill assume you extracted to perfmod3 for this guide

also assuming you have adb setup and working.

right first lets push the files we need over.

adb push perfmod3/system/xbin/mkfs.ext4 /system/xbin
now you NEED to unmount the sd in android ui (settings >sd unmount) next up load up adb shell and start partitioning
adb shell

cd /system/xbin

busybox chmod -R 755 mkfs.ext4

busybox fdisk /dev/block/mmcblk1
from now you should be able to follow the guideo n first post

Adb method is still going to wipe card though, maybe worth pointing that out...

Guest jayjayn1
indeedy. im properly impressed with this mod,

ok story so far

Ive partitioned my sd card and formatted with 2gig in ext4 the rest FAT32

Do i now add update zip to the root of my card and flash it?

Guest superutp
Really? Cuz all you need is to download unetbootin and load a live cd onto a flash drive (or an actual cd) and boot linux.

I have a backtrack4 live cd image for use to take care of various tasks that are hard to do otherwise on my win7 laptop.

yup I know tht....I have previously had linux on my laptop...

lol..just am too lazy to do it....so had to say it...

Guest shabicht

I have 2 microsd cards that I carry around on a regular basis, (one just contains movies and such). I would like to be able to swap them out, but will that cause problems with this modification?

two things....

First, I think you can do the linux side partitioning stuff with a Live CD of any distro... You don't need to have a full install...!

Second, What exactly is this doing? Creating a larger swap on the SD card? Why don't OEMs see this and create larger swaps now...?

...oh and thanks DJ for the adb info! Thanks!

Edited by NoDoze

two things....

First, I think you can do the linux side partitioning stuff with a Live CD of any distro... You don't need to have a full install...!

Second, What exactly is this doing? Creating a larger swap on the SD card? Why don't OEMs see this and create larger swaps now...?

its not swap

its moving the /data to a journaled EXT 4 partition, you could in theory set one up on the internal card, but this way is simpler and works