ZTE V9 Tablet

Guest J_Martin

Guest Vansphone

Interesting thread. Now I want one of these.

An Australian seller is selling these for the equivalent of £175, but not for export.

Does anyone know of a retailer selling these?

What is the screen like? Is it good enough to be used as an eBook reader?

Thanks

Guest forforum
I did look up on line, and found a few other people who have ran into the same issue, and one girl who had an iPad 'destroyed'... apparently the common reason is that since the 'printer toner' bombings last year they have issues with batteries, and apparently Australia is the worst place for it since they transfer cargo around the country on passenger flights....

I have already sent a couple of emails, but I'm not really getting my hopes up....

ZTE in HK sells the V9 battery for HK$220 or so. You can try them.

Interesting thread. Now I want one of these.

An Australian seller is selling these for the equivalent of £175, but not for export.

Does anyone know of a retailer selling these?

What is the screen like? Is it good enough to be used as an eBook reader?

Thanks

its a good little unit for the price.screen is responsive and tab isnt too laggy.

happy to help if anyone has probs getting one pm me i will organize it.i live 5 mins from a optus shop can get one direct and post....just need the buy price ($279 aud) and postage covered nothing more.

Guest alpha xs
its a good little unit for the price.screen is responsive and tab isnt too laggy.

happy to help if anyone has probs getting one pm me i will organize it.i live 5 mins from a optus shop can get one direct and post....just need the buy price ($279 aud) and postage covered nothing more.

In portugal its sold out and seems to have been discontinued since this week by vodafone...

Guest forforum
I made 2 roms for recovery (well and a stock one) one with link2sd and the other with app2sd. (be prepared to use google translator, haven´t had the time to translate, still in the app2sd version theres a short readme)(also there's the list of apps on the botom of both posts)

alphaxsMOD 2.1 ZTE V9 App2sd Full 1.2

alphaxsMOD ZTE V9 Link2SD 1.0 FULL

I installed the one with App2sd, very nice work!

However, i have a question, when go to Titanium backup, it tells me that I got 959MB internal memory with 763 MB free. Does that include the 1 GB ext2 partition on the SD card? The stock Android app tells me I got 680MB internal storage free.

Guest Sebastian404
In portugal its sold out and seems to have been discontinued since this week by vodafone...

Ive heard that Optus are about to discontinue it in Austrailia too

I guess the v9 2 and/or v11 are probably going to replace them...

Ive heard that Optus are about to discontinue it in Austrailia too

I guess the v9 2 and/or v11 are probably going to replace them...

That's really random and odd considering the Optus tab just went from being a prepaid device to being offered on a post paid plan... will do some more digging on that front i thinks...

Guest Sebastian404
That's really random and odd considering the Optus tab just went from being a prepaid device to being offered on a post paid plan... will do some more digging on that front i thinks...

To be honest, I'm going off what the girl who bought the thing said, she went into a store to ask, and was not able to find one with stock, I think she said she'd tried 3 of them...

Guest forforum
To be honest, I'm going off what the girl who bought the thing said, she went into a store to ask, and was not able to find one with stock, I think she said she'd tried 3 of them...

I saw they have them in stock in Big-W at Mt Ormanney in Brisbane just this last Saturday

Edited by forforum

Guest synaptic

Another retailer that I buy from (Dick Smith, closest equivalent to Best Buy) has just dropped their price from $279 to $249, and is no longer available online. Generally that means the product is EOL. Actually just looking at the product page, it won't even let me see which stores have it in stock, which means stores will probably have them recalled to Optus.

Edited by synaptic

Guest forforum
Another retailer that I buy from (Dick Smith, closest equivalent to Best Buy) has just dropped their price from $279 to $249, and is no longer available online. Generally that means the product is EOL. Actually just looking at the product page, it won't even let me see which stores have it in stock, which means stores will probably have them recalled to Optus.

Just a thought. Since everyone is unlocking the MyTab for free, and Optus put the MyTab on their post paid plans, any chance they just stop it from available pre-paid. The pre-paid price here is cheaper than the street price in HK and Optus is not making enough money out of the MyTab if no one recharges!!

Guest alpha xs
Just a thought. Since everyone is unlocking the MyTab for free, and Optus put the MyTab on their post paid plans, any chance they just stop it from available pre-paid. The pre-paid price here is cheaper than the street price in HK and Optus is not making enough money out of the MyTab if no one recharges!!

Same here in portugal, 249 with no contract... they certanlly change their mind... ( i myself never used their net so...)

Guest slapnuts

So will development continue with the v9 or is it pretty much a dead end now?

Guest forforum

Optus just dropped the MyTab price to $199 online, $249 in store. May be they will sell tons now :(

Edited by forforum

Guest Sebastian404

hopefully it will continue, I'm working on a AOSP build.. but we still need a working kernel source I guess..

ZTE are 'looking into it' or so they claim...

Guest slapnuts
hopefully it will continue, I'm working on a AOSP build.. but we still need a working kernel source I guess..

ZTE are 'looking into it' or so they claim...

Good thing you got the optus model Sebastian, it would appear it's the only one (so far) getting 2.2. As posted on the zte forum.

QUOTE;-

Froyo (Android 2.2 upgrade ) for the My Tab device by sifudean » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:04 pm Hi Ok - I did the same internally and have been given the ok to respond with Limited detail which I wil explain V2.2 is in development/testing cycle for the Optus V9 (Note: This will not work for foreign V9 devices - Only Optus models) What I can't tell you is timing for release So it is coming Regards D Forum Man

Guest liberie

Hi,

Does anyone know how to start this device on fastboot mode ?

I did a mistake of installing Optus image without wipe (I know that was stupid) now my vodafone.pt V9 doesn't boot anymore just keep in loop at

"Yes Optus" screen , the only thing the device goes is FTM Mode , and adb is marked as offline

looks like I have a semi-brick :(

Thanks for any help

Guest kontiza1
Hi,

Does anyone know how to start this device on fastboot mode ?

I did a mistake of installing Optus image without wipe (I know that was stupid) now my vodafone.pt V9 doesn't boot anymore just keep in loop at

"Yes Optus" screen , the only thing the device goes is FTM Mode , and adb is marked as offline

looks like I have a semi-brick :(

Thanks for any help

I and more of the same if there is any help to the device IDENTIFICATION pc thanks in advance and sorry for my english but I'm from GREECE use google..

Guest alpha xs

Ppl,

About the loop with optus rom... i must say i made de same mistake, and after a lot of trying... i had to got to the zte tech support do they reflashed it... (didnd paid, first i made very clear that the device should be consider as a pc alike device and as such should have a way to be reflashed, as any other pc....

About 2.2 there's some issues on that but we just may see the ligth in the end of the tunnel ...

There's as buzz that telenor (www.telenor.hu/en) is seelling with the claim of having 2.2... i''m waitning for the confirmation, and the dump to see it)

Ppl,

About the loop with optus rom... i must say i made de same mistake, and after a lot of trying... i had to got to the zte tech support do they reflashed it... (didnd paid, first i made very clear that the device should be consider as a pc alike device and as such should have a way to be reflashed, as any other pc....

About 2.2 there's some issues on that but we just may see the ligth in the end of the tunnel ...

There's as buzz that telenor (www.telenor.hu/en) is seelling with the claim of having 2.2... i''m waitning for the confirmation, and the dump to see it)

Telenor one is with 2.2, I ordered mine, coming on 16th Marc I will share my dump when got it.

Guest alpha xs
Telenor one is with 2.2, I ordered mine, coming on 16th Marc I will share my dump when got it.

I, don't know if you'seen the tuts in:

http://www.androidpt.com/index.php?o...t=50&Itemid=30

(Use gtranslator)

But here a tut in order that anyone that get's an hand on one of these (if they in deed have 2.2) can make a dump of it!

Firts root the device and install busybox

Howto Root

Risk:

* Data loss in the device or sdcard or brick

* At this time backup the sd card if reasonable

0 . Root

needed:

usb debuging active.

Instaling

Use Universal Androot

Link: wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Universal_Androot

Busybox

www.appbrain.com/app/busybox/stericson.busybox

Root Checker

http://www.appbrain.com/app/root-che...krim.rootcheck

To enter fastboot via software use Quick Boot

Link: appbrain.com/app/quick-boot-%28reboot%29...lications.quickboot.

At this time i don't know if this version has hardware butons suport to boot in fasboot, so if it does't and you intent to use clockwork recovery you' need to do this:

1 * Drivers

Try this drivers if needed:

www.multiupload.com/6QK7PZ8PO1

2 * Confirm root

2 * A

If you have adb sheel try this:

adb shell *start adb

su *superuser session/permissions

if it returns # then its ok

Ex:

C:\Android> adb shell

$ su

#

2 * B

With market search for "Root Checker"

3 * This confirmed:

3 * A

adb reboot bootloader

If ok it will reboot in fastboot/recovery

3 * B

If the above doesn't work try:

CTRL+C

next

fastboot reboot-bootloader

3 * C

If none work or if you simply don´t watn to use comands just thy the Quick Boot, as explained above select "recovery" and grant permissions.

4 * Instalaling Recovery with hardware key support for zte V9

4 * a * 1

Check comand line support on boot

4 * a * 2

use:

fastboot devices

if returns anything at all besides an erros message than good to go!

At this time youll need the recovery image mabe by sebastian404

android.podtwo.com/light/recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.8-light.zip

downloa and rename it to recovery.img

Then use:

flashboot flash recovery "UNIT:\PATH\...\recovery.img

4 * a * 3

If all goes well it just takes a few seconds, and you can poweroff. I use to remove the batery for that.

4 * a * 4

Now the test...

Press "POWER"+"VOL-" and if all went as planned you got recovery working with harware buttons.

then you can do a backup and restore it!!!

TO create a dump you need root and to use the files inside the rar bellow

there's a txt inside explaind but i'll resume it here

1 Copy to: /system/bin e and change permissios to 777.

Then run the command that will make the dump image's from the device to the sd card with the name system.img .

(2.-Unzip

3.-adb pull mkyaffs2image /sdcard

4.-adb shell

5.-su

6.-cat /sdcard/mkyaffs2image > /system/bin/mkyaffs2image

7.-chmod 777 /system/bin/mkyaffs2image

8.-mkyaffs2image /system /sdcard/system.img)

You can repeat the process using, boot, recory, ftm but the one its needed is system.

www.multiupload.com/RLSYV8ASV4

Edited by alpha xs

Guest liberie
Ppl,

Pretty unlikely will have a ZTE tech support in Switzerland , and if so even more unlikely to be "free" , no other options ?

Thanks

Guest alpha xs
Pretty unlikely will have a ZTE tech support in Switzerland , and if so even more unlikely to be "free" , no other options ?

Thanks

If you didnt install, the recovery by sebastian404... them i'm afraid none that i known...

Guest liberie
If you didnt install, the recovery by sebastian404... them i'm afraid none that i known...

I did , I had your mod from androidpt working before I just decided (I know was stupid decision) to try the Optus image

looks like the recovery was replaced :( and now just the FTM mode is available :(

since the optus image doesn't accept adb commands (looks like is not enabled) I can't just try adb reboot recovery :)