ZTE V9 Tablet

Guest J_Martin

Guest alpha xs
could a TPT rom be the only recovery option (beside ZTE tech support) ?

don't j«know wath you mean by tpt rom, but the isseu here is to get tyhe device to connect.

By that matter only booting FTM mode a special software is needed such as the one used by other manufacturers to originaly flash the device, i got some from samsung and nokia but none to zte...

Guest liberie
don't j«know wath you mean by tpt rom, but the isseu here is to get tyhe device to connect.

By that matter only booting FTM mode a special software is needed such as the one used by other manufacturers to originaly flash the device, i got some from samsung and nokia but none to zte...

well then I have a semi-bricked V9 until find a way to have fastboot or recovery enabled (hw mod , something) :(

Thanks

Guest alpha xs
well then I have a semi-bricked V9 until find a way to have fastboot or recovery enabled (hw mod , something) :(

Thanks

got to zte web page and send an email to the support so they give you the adress of the tech support. i also thought they had any in portugal and they did, generaly is a local company, (in portugal they had zte and samsumg)

Guest Sebastian404
Good thing you got the optus model Sebastian, it would appear it's the only one (so far) getting 2.2. As posted on the zte forum.

QUOTE;-

Froyo (Android 2.2 upgrade ) for the My Tab device by sifudean » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:04 pm Hi Ok - I did the same internally and have been given the ok to respond with Limited detail which I wil explain V2.2 is in development/testing cycle for the Optus V9 (Note: This will not work for foreign V9 devices - Only Optus models) What I can't tell you is timing for release So it is coming Regards D Forum Man

WOAH!

couple of things, what ZTE forum? is this an official one?

I know Optus's offical line is that the MyTab is not a v9 and there are some hardware differences , but considering we can run other devices firmware on the MyTab, I don't think it will be um-possible to get 2.2 working on other devices...

Guest Sebastian404
Hi,

Does anyone know how to start this device on fastboot mode ?

I did a mistake of installing Optus image without wipe (I know that was stupid) now my vodafone.pt V9 doesn't boot anymore just keep in loop at

"Yes Optus" screen , the only thing the device goes is FTM Mode , and adb is marked as offline

looks like I have a semi-brick :(

Thanks for any help

What do you get if you hold down Vol Down when booting?

Guest Sebastian404

I was not sure about starting a new thread.... I wish we had a forum for this device.... grumble...

Latest terminals from ZTE

Anyone think that the that Z-Pad Z70 is going to be a v9 in a fancy metal(ish) case?

And also, what sort of penguins do they have in China...

Guest liberie
What do you get if you hold down Vol Down when booting?

Hi Sebastian404

I get a the display showing the word FTM and thats it, fastboot do not recognize the device either adb

on FTM mode

Guest Sifudean
WOAH!

I know Optus's offical line is that the MyTab is not a v9 and there are some hardware differences , but considering we can run other devices firmware on the MyTab, I don't think it will be um-possible to get 2.2 working on other devices...

Hi Sebastian,

Thought I would join here as you are discussing V9 and the forum I run for local users in Australia for our local ZTE devices.

As you are in the USA you are probably now blocked from getting onto our forum. But feel free to ask questions here but can't promise answers in a timely fashion as we are not Android gurus locally and our Android team in R&D are very busy with all the devices they are working on.

Still email the China support re the source code as that is their baby.

Regards,

D.

Guest slapnuts
WOAH!

I believe it's the other way around actually sebastian, and sifudean will correct me if I'm wrong but the line is it's not the zte light. It is the v9 my tab.

Guest Sifudean
I believe it's the other way around actually sebastian, and sifudean will correct me if I'm wrong but the line is it's not the zte light. It is the v9 my tab.

Yeah, we treat them separately as they can and do have changes in hardware and software as the product develops through all the releases and markets it is in.

Regards,

D.

Guest Sebastian404

hi Sifudean,

I dont want to cause any offence, but we had a number of people who came onto the Blade forum and claimed to be the brother/son/daughter/friend of a friend of a guy who worked for ZTE/Orange/The CIA and has heard there was a 2.2 update for the blade coming next Wednesday...

I do hope there is a 2.2 update, its is a fairly simple thing for ZTE to do, but I'd wonder why they where not aiming for a 2.3 or 3.0 update...

There are other Australian guys on this forum, it might be worth giving out the link to your Forum for them..

Guest Sebastian404
Yeah, we treat them separately as they can and do have changes in hardware and software as the product develops through all the releases and markets it is in.

Regards,

D.

I have only been able to track down a limited number of romdumps from the devices, but I've noticed they all have a CONFIG_MACH_V9 in the config, and looking into the build.conf files. they all seem to have

ro.product.board=v9

ro.product.board_name=soft-stone

Do you know what the hardware differences are?

Guest slapnuts
hi Sifudean,

I dont want to cause any offence, but we had a number of people who came onto the Blade forum and claimed to be the brother/son/daughter/friend of a friend of a guy who worked for ZTE/Orange/The CIA and has heard there was a 2.2 update for the blade coming next Wednesday...

I do hope there is a 2.2 update, its is a fairly simple thing for ZTE to do, but I'd wonder why they where not aiming for a 2.3 or 3.0 update...

There are other Australian guys on this forum, it might be worth giving out the link to your Forum for them..

I am an australian on that forum sebastian, and while I cannot be 100% sure obviously, the sifudean that joined here today has done so after i gave him the link to this thread after asking about the kernel source.

Guest alpha xs
I was not sure about starting a new thread.... I wish we had a forum for this device.... grumble...

Latest terminals from ZTE

Anyone think that the that Z-Pad Z70 is going to be a v9 in a fancy metal(ish) case?

And also, what sort of penguins do they have in China...

by the specs it seems so, the big diference would be the internal storage, and in this case it check´s

Guest Sebastian404
I am an australian on that forum sebastian, and while I cannot be 100% sure obviously, the sifudean that joined here today has done so after i gave him the link to this thread after asking about the kernel source.

You care to share the URL for the forum?

Guest slapnuts
Here's the zte australia forum.

http://www.zte.com.au/ztebb2/

but you have to have an Australian IP address to sign up.

Actually I think it may be you need an australian email address. Not absolutely sure though.

If you can't get access Sebastian, pm me and we will try something else.

Edited by slapnuts

Guest andi_baden

Hi,

i am new to this forum. If it helps, i have an original V9 from ZTE without any branding and modifications.

Here are the specifications:

Baseband: V9B01

Kernel: 2.6.29 Zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT

Firmware: 2.1-update 1

Build: ZTE_light_V9V1.0.0B02

Guest Sebastian404
Hi,

i am new to this forum. If it helps, i have an original V9 from ZTE without any branding and modifications.

Here are the specifications:

Baseband: V9B01

Kernel: 2.6.29 Zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT

Firmware: 2.1-update 1

Build: ZTE_light_V9V1.0.0B02

Could you dump the rom and upload it somewhere?

http://android.podtwo.com/romdump/