ZTE V9 Tablet

Guest J_Martin

Guest andi_baden
if you use multiupload and PM me the link, I can add it to the stock roms collection :D

Hi Sebastian,

i dumped the rom and put in on my pc. Please can you assist me how to use multiupload and what do you mean with "PM"?

Edit: I put the files to multiupload and send you a message with the links

Edited by andi_baden

Guest Sebastian404
Hi Sebastian,

i dumped the rom and put in on my pc. Please can you assist me how to use multiupload and what do you mean with "PM"?

Edit: I put the files to multiupload and send you a message with the links

Ah, PM = Private Message :D

Thanks , I got the files, I'll create an update image and add it to the stock ROMs post.

Guest slapnuts
Is this not the debate about the light and the v9 being different (yet very simular) devices?

I guess we should see a romdump soon then :D

I belive it was more a clarification issue, as he's probably been told not to comment on anything that zte doesn't sell officially in Australia.

But afaik they are essentialy the same. Here http://wwwen.zte.com.cn/en/products/mobile...leName=ZTE%20V9 the picture of the "v9" has what appears to be both a front camera and a light sensor. Which is only meant to appear only on the light.

But then again, as long as we get froyo for it atleast, they can call it whatever they like.

Guest Sebastian404
I belive it was more a clarification issue, as he's probably been told not to comment on anything that zte doesn't sell officially in Australia.

But afaik they are essentialy the same. Here http://wwwen.zte.com.cn/en/products/mobile...leName=ZTE%20V9 the picture of the "v9" has what appears to be both a front camera and a light sensor. Which is only meant to appear only on the light.

But then again, as long as we get froyo for it atleast, they can call it whatever they like.

There was a post on the ZTE.AU forum that I read a few weeks ago, before I lost access to it...

I did find it odd that when I was in the UK I was able to access ZTE.AU website, but not now I'm in the US... and using my sneaky VPN that I use to access iPlayer, I still have the same problem..

The thing thats telling for me is that if you look at the kernel source page, it has both V9 and Light listed... but using the same kernel....

Guest cuttysark76
Telenor one is with 2.2, I ordered mine, coming on 16th Marc I will share my dump when got it.

So, did you get it? :D

I saw you did at xda!!! :(

Please Share! Share! Share!

Biti is having problems rooting his new ZTE Light 2.2, can anyone help him?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...105&page=18

Edited by cuttysark76

So, did you get it? :D

I saw you did at xda!!! :(

Please Share! Share! Share!

I try to root, than dump, but not OK, how can I use adb volup+power on not ok here

Z4root 1.3.1 semms to be ok, but no su permission requests, universal androot 1.6.2 b5 Failed ! No ~~~ Fu goo ~~~ 1.6.2b6 force close

Edited by Biti

Guest cuttysark76
I try to root, than dump, but not OK, how can I use adb volup+power on not ok here

Z4root 1.3.1 semms to be ok, but no su permission requests, universal androot 1.6.2 b5 Failed ! No ~~~ Fu goo ~~~ 1.6.2b6 force close

Did you try Volume Down + Power instead?

Try to use this tutorial

http://android.podtwo.com/romdump/

Also, install "superuser" from market

Good luck

Edited by cuttysark76

Did you try Volume Down + Power instead?

Try to use this tutorial

http://android.podtwo.com/romdump/

Also, install "superuser" from market

Good luck

I said can't root, install su apk not equal root the device, no bootloader mode no recovery mode, I dunno how to use fastboot or adb on device... :D Sh*t

Ok tried to trick with temp root and ROM Manager.

Edited by Biti

Guest cuttysark76
I said can't root, install su apk not equal root the device, no bootloader mode no recovery mode, I dunno how to use fastboot or adb on device... :D Sh*t

But might give su rights to Z4root...

Anyway, you can use this method - No Fastboot or ADB needed - from this tutorial - http://android.podtwo.com/romdump/

Method Two - Terminal

Once you have downloaded and unziped the file you will have an 'install' file, now its time to goto work.

You need to install a terminal application from the Android Market, I recomend google's own, but as long as its free.

Once you have installed it, copy the downloaded install file to the root of your sdcard, then launch your terminal application and type the following commands on your device:

cat /sdcard/install >/data/local/install

chmod 04755 /data/local/install

/data/local/install

you should see something like following:

Android ROM dumper v0.72b

©2010 Sebastian404

[*] Android local root exploid © The Android Exploid Crew

[+] Using basedir=/sqlite_stmt_journals, path=/data/local/install

[+] opening NETLINK_KOBJECT_UEVENT socket

[+] sending add message ...

[*] Try to invoke hotplug now, clicking at the wireless

[*] settings, plugin USB key etc.

[*] You succeeded if you find /system/bin/romdump.

Once you see that you need to turn your Wifi on and off, usualy in Settings / Wireless & Networks / Wi-Fi

now thats done, you will need to launch the terminal application one more, and type the following:

/system/bin/romdump

then wait for it to finish, it can take a while.

Once the program has finished you should find a directory in the root of your SD card called romdump and a sub-directory named after your device model. Take those files and give them to someone who knows how to make a recovery zip.

Edited by cuttysark76

But might give su rights to Z4root...

Anyway, you can use this method - No Fastboot or ADB needed - from this tutorial - http://android.podtwo.com/romdump/

Method Two - Terminal

Once you have downloaded and unziped the file you will have an 'install' file, now its time to goto work.

You need to install a terminal application from the Android Market, I recomend google's own, but as long as its free.

Once you have installed it, copy the downloaded install file to the root of your sdcard, then launch your terminal application and type the following commands on your device:

cat /sdcard/install >/data/local/install

chmod 04755 /data/local/install

/data/local/install

you should see something like following:

Android ROM dumper v0.72b

©2010 Sebastian404

[*] Android local root exploid © The Android Exploid Crew

[+] Using basedir=/sqlite_stmt_journals, path=/data/local/install

[+] opening NETLINK_KOBJECT_UEVENT socket

[+] sending add message ...

[*] Try to invoke hotplug now, clicking at the wireless

[*] settings, plugin USB key etc.

[*] You succeeded if you find /system/bin/romdump.

Once you see that you need to turn your Wifi on and off, usualy in Settings / Wireless & Networks / Wi-Fi

now thats done, you will need to launch the terminal application one more, and type the following:

/system/bin/romdump

then wait for it to finish, it can take a while.

Once the program has finished you should find a directory in the root of your SD card called romdump and a sub-directory named after your device model. Take those files and give them to someone who knows how to make a recovery zip.

My problem is now I haven't got working recovery on phone :S

Guest cuttysark76
My problem is now I haven't got working recovery on phone :S

Do you need it for the method two? I didn't have root access or windows adb drivers and used this same method...

Edited by cuttysark76

Do you need it for the method two? I didn't have root access or windows adb drivers and used this same method...

dumping, and yes I can make ROM recovery image from dump, but I haven't got recovery :D I think b8 2.5.1.8 light not works on my Froyo V9

Edited by Biti

Guest cuttysark76
http://www.mediafire.com/?7toc7phbyw3qh5k

TELENOR_V9V1.0.0B01

Firmware version: 2.2

Baseband Version:V9B01

Kernel version:2.6.32.9 zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT

Build number: TELENOR_V9V1.0.0B01

Froyo 2.2 romdump

I get CRC failed in system.tar.gz. The file is corrupt. Downloaded it 3 times :D

Did you try a diffent key combination for recovery? The White screen with the logo might be the FTM screen...

Guest Sebastian404

Bit late to this party, but if you use ROMDUMP there should be no need to root it, it comes with its own exploit

I'll have a look at the dump, but its possible that the 2.2 kernel wont work with our existing V9's... thats what happened with the blade...

Bit late to this party, but if you use ROMDUMP there should be no need to root it, it comes with its own exploit

I'll have a look at the dump, but its possible that the 2.2 kernel wont work with our existing V9's... thats what happened with the blade...

I will reupload, has CRC, I dunno what happend :S

Edited by Biti