ZTE V9 Tablet

Guest J_Martin

Yep, put a script in /system/etc/init.d and chmod 755 they will be run after the init.rc

I have no init.d, but no problem If I can get into recovery :D

So do you have a working V9 now ? with 2.2?

yes they replaced my phone, what totaly died in this accident, maybe your device is flashable with my img files in this method, but with that russian flashable firmware my V9 died, other problem can be I skipped splash.img :S

Questions

- Flash recovery image from Recovery Manager = flash it with fastboot right?

- Edit init.rc can brick phone, I need to add chmod 4755 /system/bin/su line somewhere what chane permissons until phone boots, but I don't want to edig boot.img till I can't get to recovery with volup+pwr

Any idea why volup+pwr not work to get in recovery mode?

I found something like my problem:

We can only get into recovery by pressing vol - on the blade because we hijacked FTM mode. FTM mode uses the same parition as recovery but disabled lots of stuff, so when our custom clockwork recovery starts up it checks to see if it's in FTM mode and then does a reboot recovery to get into proper recovery mode where everything is enabled. You really need to get a modification of clockwork going for your device, this may be as esy as starting with the Blade recovery, unpacking, replace the kernel with yours and re-pack. Then flash either using fastboot or if you can SU then from terminal run flash_image recovery /sdcard/cwrecovery.img.

Sebastian can you help me in this? Now I go to FTM (DFU) mode when press vol down

Last time I flashed a wrong boot.img an I cannot get into recovery, cause there is 2 ways - adb and from the android system, and with damaged img adb not worked, phone rebooted after 1-2s.

I have a working cooked ROM, but there is a chmod to su in init.rc, and manual extracted and recompiled boot.img not worked. They won't replace it next time If I miss something so I have to be safe.

I checked your recover what created from my kernel, and maybe in recovery.sh input4 is not the voldown I really don't understand all about how this works, but they changed something. Only works from adb or phone reboot in recovery mode.

In recovery vol down is key 114 vol up is key 115 power is key 142 long press is 116

Other, not the most important now:

/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_max_freq and scaling_max_freq Can I set them to 800000 or this kill my phone too?

there is an init.qcom.post_boot.sh what send CPU min fre values to the scaling_min_fre, maybe I can send the max values too.,

Edited by Biti

Guest Sifudean
hi Sifudean,

I dont want to cause any offence, but we had a number of people who came onto the Blade forum and claimed to be the brother/son/daughter/friend of a friend of a guy who worked for ZTE/Orange/The CIA and has heard there was a 2.2 update for the blade coming next Wednesday...

I do hope there is a 2.2 update, its is a fairly simple thing for ZTE to do, but I'd wonder why they where not aiming for a 2.3 or 3.0 update...

There are other Australian guys on this forum, it might be worth giving out the link to your Forum for them..

Sorry - I don't visit this forum often as I am busy.

My Blade is V2.2 so I never saw an update.

I can't talk about what the company is planning as its a secret - really it is plus I don't get involved at that level - I am in the device testing and delivery and support the devices once launched as a high level support mainly due to the months of experience we get early in the device life.

Regards,

D.

Guest Sifudean
Thanks guys, I did get the IP blocked problem... odd they ip protect the whole .AU site.....

Hi Sebastian,

I block all foreign IP's since the beginning on March as we do not have the forum to support global community, only for Australian and New Zealand users. Its unique in that we run it ourselves, me mainly, but there are a few other staff on there that I ask to respond based on their particular knowledge and area of focus. We wanted feedback on our local devices and the issues that users find on a platform we could manage / control.

The control term sounds strong but we want people to give us the details and not rants so thats what I control.

Reason for the block was half our traffic was foreign and as our site and knowledge base is only on our locally released devices we don't want users asking for things we can't help with. Plus there is a number of tools and drivers etc that we went to the effort to get for our local users and the foreign markets have to support their devices and users with their own mechanisms and not our site / tools. There is no use in a Russian user upgrading their device with Australian firmware...They will find it difficult for warranty claims.

But ask questions directly or via this forum and I promise to login once a week to check for now.

Regards,

D.

Guest Damian J

Thanks guys, their is some good discussion going on at the ztev9.tk forums. Good to finally have a place for this!

Excuse the sneaky bump lol.

Edited by Damian J

Guest turbology

Thank you all for the great works so far.

Not trying to keep your hopes up, I was contacted by supplier that ZTE is realeasing 2.2 Froyo for our V9.

ETA is early to mid April.

I check this forum every few days. Will dump an image asap when the 2.2 is made available to me.

Thanks.

Cheers.:D

p/s: I am official reseller for local ZTE V9 device.

Guest XeKToReX
Thank you all for the great works so far.

Not trying to keep your hopes up, I was contacted by supplier that ZTE is realeasing 2.2 Froyo for our V9.

ETA is early to mid April.

I check this forum every few days. Will dump an image asap when the 2.2 is made available to me.

Thanks.

Cheers.:D

p/s: I am official reseller for local ZTE V9 device.

Sounds good mate, let's hope its all for real :D

If you can contact ZTE at all, see if you are able to convince them to release a real kernel for this thing!

XeKToReX

Anybody know what need to skip FTM mode and get into recovery mode with voldwn+pwr or what I need to change in my clockworkmod img? Please.

http://www.mediafire.com/?v2t0ei1lzgqr9uf

This is my zImage extracted from my boot.img

I think need to hack this file to get recovery work with vol down + power on combo

And I have an other question too it possible to increase CPU speed to 800MHz somehow?

Edited by Biti

Guest Sebastian404
Sebastian can you help me in this? Now I go to FTM (DFU) mode when press vol down

Last time I flashed a wrong boot.img an I cannot get into recovery, cause there is 2 ways - adb and from the android system, and with damaged img adb not worked, phone rebooted after 1-2s.

it would seem that ZTE have edited the kernel, or something else on the devices to remove FTM, or do 'something' with it that causes problems. I cant say any more because:

1) ZTE have not released the source code for the 'new' kernel (yet).

2) Neither I or anyone else knowledgeable seems to got hands on one of the new devices to experiment with.

I have a working cooked ROM, but there is a chmod to su in init.rc, and manual extracted and recompiled boot.img not worked. They won't replace it next time If I miss something so I have to be safe.

That is fairly common for ZTE, its on all the devices I've looked at, its stuff left over from debugging and if you look at the comment above that line it actually states that it should be removed prior to release...

If you keep it to your self tho.... one way forward is to flash clockwork recovery to your BOOT partition and then your expirmental boot images to the recovery partition, that way you will allways be able to boot into recovery, and use ADB to a 'boot recovery' and find out if your phone would boot 'normally'...

I checked your recover what created from my kernel, and maybe in recovery.sh input4 is not the voldown I really don't understand all about how this works, but they changed something. Only works from adb or phone reboot in recovery mode.

That is nothing to do with the button you have pressed, if you read the comments, it is a NASTY NASTY hack to get phone OUT of FTM mode and into recovery mode, hence the dual reboot.

Guest Sebastian404
Hi Sebastian,

I block all foreign IP's since the beginning on March as we do not have the forum to support global community, only for Australian and New Zealand users. Its unique in that we run it ourselves, me mainly, but there are a few other staff on there that I ask to respond based on their particular knowledge and area of focus. We wanted feedback on our local devices and the issues that users find on a platform we could manage / control.

The control term sounds strong but we want people to give us the details and not rants so thats what I control.

Reason for the block was half our traffic was foreign and as our site and knowledge base is only on our locally released devices we don't want users asking for things we can't help with. Plus there is a number of tools and drivers etc that we went to the effort to get for our local users and the foreign markets have to support their devices and users with their own mechanisms and not our site / tools. There is no use in a Russian user upgrading their device with Australian firmware...They will find it difficult for warranty claims.

Working for the company I work for, it is not too much a problem for me to access the forum, but I was puzzled that you just BLOCK anyone outside of .AU I do understand you are not able to support external users, but could you not implement a read only mode?

I know, policy policy :D

it would seem that ZTE have edited the kernel, or something else on the devices to remove FTM, or do 'something' with it that causes problems. I cant say any more because:

1) ZTE have not released the source code for the 'new' kernel (yet).

2) Neither I or anyone else knowledgeable seems to got hands on one of the new devices to experiment with.

That is fairly common for ZTE, its on all the devices I've looked at, its stuff left over from debugging and if you look at the comment above that line it actually states that it should be removed prior to release...

If you keep it to your self tho.... one way forward is to flash clockwork recovery to your BOOT partition and then your expirmental boot images to the recovery partition, that way you will allways be able to boot into recovery, and use ADB to a 'boot recovery' and find out if your phone would boot 'normally'...

That is nothing to do with the button you have pressed, if you read the comments, it is a NASTY NASTY hack to get phone OUT of FTM mode and into recovery mode, hence the dual reboot.

Thanks for your informations This boot/recover change good to test. Maybe easier to use fastboot and skip recovery and flash new boot images to recovery partition and use adb to reboot in that if anything wrong just off/on battery and I don't play with the working boot.

Edited by Biti

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sebastian404

Until we get an updated KERNEL source from ZTE, or up-grader (like the blade version) there is not a lot more of development to be had :D

Guest XeKToReX

From the ZTE AU Forums after I requested a working source:

Hi,

We locally don't have access to source code in any way.

Also I am not 100% on what source code that is legally required as in the past (before working with ZTE) I have seen that while GPL required the altered source code used to create the device there is low level code that belongs to chipset owners and is usually not released (ie. layer under the kernal). Don't quote me as I got out of software a very long time ago and went down the hardware path so I don't know the correct terms to use off the top of my head.

Can you write simply highlighting examples of what is missing or incorrect in the available source code?

I can then forward that to the team who are able to take action in China.

Regards,

D.

Sebastian404 - You'd be the best to answer these questions and I can forward them on..

XeKToReX

Guest Sebastian404
From the ZTE AU Forums after I requested a working source:

Sebastian404 - You'd be the best to answer these questions and I can forward them on..

XeKToReX

The issue is that the kernel source code currently available on ZTE's support site is incomplete, Using the source from and a .config from my device, I get the following error during building:

CHK	 include/linux/compile.h
UPD include/linux/compile.h
CC init/version.o
LD init/built-in.o
LD .tmp_vmlinux1
/android/android-ndk-r5b/toolchains/arm-eabi-4.4.0/prebuilt/linux-x86/bin/arm-eabi-ld: no machine record defined
/android/android-ndk-r5b/toolchains/arm-eabi-4.4.0/prebuilt/linux-x86/bin/arm-eabi-ld: no machine record defined[/code]

Using the same source I have managed to build a working kernel for the Blade & Racer, so I know my build environment is ok. Looking at the kernel source, I was unable to find a v9 board file in arch/arm/mach-msm/ , or a v9 defconfig file in arch/arm/configs/

While it is beyond of the scope of the .AU guys, the 2.2 version of the V9/Light is currently shipping in other territory's, and there is still no sign of the source for a 2.6.32 kernel....

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest Sifudean
I've forwarded these on mate, let's see how we go getting it resolved!

XeKToReX

Hi,

I also have sent it to the right people to respond.

Regards,

D.

Guest Sebastian404

It seems ZTE have got their finger out and released the 2.2 update for the v9...

if you feel brave, your looking for a file named V9_GENERICV1.0.0B03.rar

EDIT: you might want to hold on a bit, I cant get my V9 OUT of FTM mode now...

EDIT2: Not sure whats going on here, if i hold VOL+ it boots up into 2.2.... very odd

EDIT3: hmm, and now it wont come out of Airplane mode

It looks like I've fallen into the same trap as the Blade guys, I've managed to corrupt my IMEI number...

I'd REALLY not recommend anyone else try this...

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest camo.b

Hello all have bee watching this since it started.eventually sold my tab a few weeks ago.i have a question.on a rooted mytab with super one click. . . If you factory reset the device will it loose root rights?and will there be any trace of rooting after.since my recovery was never changed from stock and after the reset should it not just go dack to stock ie no root at all.the person who purchased it is now complaining that it has altered.he wants a refund.thought i would check it out before i do so.

Guest slapnuts
It seems ZTE have got their finger out and released the 2.2 update for the v9...

if you feel brave, your looking for a file named V9_GENERICV1.0.0B03.rar

EDIT: you might want to hold on a bit, I cant get my V9 OUT of FTM mode now...

EDIT2: Not sure whats going on here, if i hold VOL+ it boots up into 2.2.... very odd

EDIT3: hmm, and now it wont come out of Airplane mode

It looks like I've fallen into the same trap as the Blade guys, I've managed to corrupt my IMEI number...

I'd REALLY not recommend anyone else try this...

worked for me.

Guest Gaz14
Hello all have bee watching this since it started.eventually sold my tab a few weeks ago.i have a question.on a rooted mytab with super one click. . . If you factory reset the device will it loose root rights?and will there be any trace of rooting after.since my recovery was never changed from stock and after the reset should it not just go dack to stock ie no root at all.the person who purchased it is now complaining that it has altered.he wants a refund.thought i would check it out before i do so.

Just get it back if you can and flash the stock rom onto it, it should b just as new then.

Guest camo.b
Just get it back if you can and flash the stock rom onto it, it should b just as new then.

any ideas if root acess would ever show up after a reset?

i would have to refund to get it back....dont want it back now

but it might come to that if i want to keep my account running smoothly.....dam you paypal and your item not as described policy.

Guest Gaz14
any ideas if root acess would ever show up after a reset?

i would have to refund to get it back....dont want it back now

but it might come to that if i want to keep my account running smoothly.....dam you paypal and your item not as described policy.

a factory reset data wipe, yes it'll still be rooted.

reflashing the stock rom, no because it replaces the system, recovery and boot