ZTE V9 Tablet

Guest J_Martin

When I last tried it it was possible to boot 2.2 using a stock 2.6.29 kernel but the touch screen did not work, so I never really got any further with that little experiment.

I assume your going to have problems with the libs..

Im still trying to track down one of these devices, but it proving hard to find.

Is there anyway we can rip the libs from the 2.1 and use them with 2.2? I am only just starting to learn about how to build from scratch. Know a bit about Linux, but using this tab to get more into making updates work. Thought it was going to be easier then what it has been ;)

There has to be an easier way to do this as it seem with every update that comes out, it gets ported within a day to something weird like iPhone or HD2... or 3.0 getting ported to the Nook Colour... I just want to know how they do it... Even the official Android developers site gives nothing away on how to port any release over... and using Google to search is like putting your hand in a bucket 1 right answer and the rest of it is rubbish and randomly plucking out nothing but the rubbish... So if you can point me in some direction, or if you want to build 2.2 and you can send it over to me, i can test it, try different things from here, whatever.

I cant send you an Optus Tab, but if i find a cheap one, i will buy it and send it over for you to have a play with... I am sure some cheap ones will turn up on ebay or something soon enough ;)

Guest Sebastian404

I found a guy on ebay who was selling them, but would not ship outside of Australia, I was surprised at how cheap it was, it was only 50% more expensive than the Blade.

According to the auction they 'Can be purchased brand new at BigW stores for $279.'

I do have some family out in Australia, but last I heard from them, they where underwater, so I'm kind of waiting before I bug them ;)

I am just surprised at the fact no other European carrier has picked them up.. I know the Blade is going to make it to the US later this year (just in time when to be totally superseded by 2.3 devices and a new iPhone, etc, etc) but considering the other crappy tablets on sale here and the US.....

According to the auction they 'Can be purchased brand new at BigW stores for $279.'

They can be purchased off the Optus website for $269. This also includes 3gb of data to use over 3 months... subtract the data and it's a pretty cheap tab.

Anyway, i would be happy to ship to anywhere if you wanted one, let me know if i can help you out... ;)

Guest alpha xs
They can be purchased off the Optus website for $269. This also includes 3gb of data to use over 3 months... subtract the data and it's a pretty cheap tab.

Anyway, i would be happy to ship to anywhere if you wanted one, let me know if i can help you out... ;)

I t can be found here:

www.worten.pt

249€ plus 8gb class 4 SD card.

I just don'w know if they shipped out...

Poste before at xda:

QUOTE(DerJochen @ Jan 18 2011, 23:57) *

I am from Germany and where can i buy one??

I am searching but in Germany i cant buy it. Only in Austria but with Mobile Contract and i cant do that because i am German. ^^

So where can i get one? When someone sell or can get one for me or know where i can order it - would be very nice. wink.gif

Vodafone Portugal

249,9€ and no contract

You can even find it in some online stores such as worten online (pt)

or worten (in DE by google translator)

just see if they can ship to your adress...

Guest alpha xs
serialmonkey,

I've just been looking at the kernel source, they use the same source for the light as the blade... have you tried building the 2.1 kernel?

EDIT: I managed to build a new Kernel.. I rebuilt it with EXT3 & EXT4 support.... anyone care to try this version of clockworkmod recovery?

if the file is on the forum server maybe it's better to remove the link...

Guest alpha xs
serialmonkey,

I've just been looking at the kernel source, they use the same source for the light as the blade... have you tried building the 2.1 kernel?

EDIT: I managed to build a new Kernel.. I rebuilt it with EXT3 & EXT4 support.... anyone care to try this version of clockworkmod recovery?

if the file(recovery v9) is on the forum server maybe it's better to remove the link...

Guest Sebastian404
if the file(recovery v9) is on the forum server maybe it's better to remove the link...

I thought I had, but I've gone back and re-moved it.

Im just wondering if there is any interest in a 3.0.0.5 update of clockworkmod recovery..

I'd like to get to the bottom of the kernel not working tho.. that's quite annoying

Hi, can some one help me in such trouble with my v9. I ve tried to make possible of installing apps to the sd card by marking my flash crd on ext2 and fat 32 parts, after that one script was run .This one :

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system

cat /sdcard/app2sd_data/busybox > /system/bin/busybox && chmod 700 /system/bin/busybox ;

umount /system/sdcard ;

mkdir /system/sdcard ;

mount -t ext2 /dev/block//vold/179:2 /system/sdcard

if busybox [ $? = "0" ] ;

then

echo "ext2 partition mounted, you can expect: copied application ... " ;

mv /system/bin/vold /system/bin/vold2 ;

cat /sdcard/app2sd_data/vold > /system/bin/vold && chmod 777 /system/bin/vold ;

cat /sdcard/app2sd_data/vold.sh > /system/etc/vold.sh && chmod 777 /system/etc/vold.sh ;

sync ;

busybox cp -r -p /data/app /system/sdcard ;

busybox cp -r -p /data/dalvik-cache /system/sdcard ;

busybox cp -r -p /data/data /system/sdcard ;

echo "done, reboot phone" ;

sync ;

else

echo "can not mount the partition ext2, returning to its original state" ;

rm -r /system/sdcard ;

rm /system/bin/busybox ;

fi

And as results my sd card cant be seen, and i even cant reflash my device(BECAUSE THERE IS NO SD CARD). Does anybody know what the metter is, or how can i reflash my ROM in this circumstances? RegaRDS.

Guest Sebastian404

Catching up on some stuff... I have built the new 3.0.0.5 version of ClockworkMod Recovery for the V9...

recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-v9.img - MD5 : 4aa877910263a98a8a4a75670a592825

recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-v9-update_signed.zip - MD5 : 19f74b22c4d8cabfe5643e8500ebdddd

While I cant test it, I guess it SHOULD work.... any feedback would be great.

Its still using the standard v9 kernel since we cant build one from source, so it will not support EXT3 or EXT4, but everything else should work as expected......

Edited by Sebastian404

Hi, can some one help me in such trouble with my v9. I ve tried to make possible of installing apps to the sd card by marking my flash crd on ext2 and fat 32 parts, after that one script was run .This one :

*edit out script*

And as results my sd card cant be seen, and i even cant reflash my device(BECAUSE THERE IS NO SD CARD). Does anybody know what the metter is, or how can i reflash my ROM in this circumstances? RegaRDS.

I have already developed a script for App2sd. This script you put up does not work as it is for some reason... Dont know where you got it from, but if you look back a page or two, you will find my app2sd as a download link. It comes with a full How-To with it on how to set it up and get it running... It included the installing and backup using Clockwork recovery.

As for your SDcard, pull it out and try it in something else to see if it can be read. Make sure you have the FAT partition first then the EXT2 partition at the end or it will not work. The SDcard may have an error or is faulty, you need to check that out first...

As for reloading your firmware, you dont require an SDcard for that, it can be done from fastboot/ADB. If you look on the forums, there are plenty of tools for doing this. I would install a version of Clockwork Recovery first, then install the firmware from there...

Catching up on some stuff... I have built the new 3.0.0.5 version of ClockworkMod Recovery for the V9...

recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-v9.img - MD5 : 4aa877910263a98a8a4a75670a592825

recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-v9-update_signed.zip - MD5 : 19f74b22c4d8cabfe5643e8500ebdddd

While I cant test it, I guess it SHOULD work.... any feedback would be great.

Its still using the standard v9 kernel since we cant build one from source, so it will not support EXT3 or EXT4, but everything else should work as expected......

Will give it a go when i come home in the morning ;)

Quick question... Now that 3.0.0.5 Clockwork is up, would this make it easier to build and test Cyanogen ? i was over reading about it and every where i read said it required this recovery build...

Im still learning how to compile a simple project and finding all the dependencies it's lacking on build... bison missing... install, start again ;)

I have already developed a script for App2sd. This script you put up does not work as it is for some reason... Dont know where you got it from, but if you look back a page or two, you will find my app2sd as a download link. It comes with a full How-To with it on how to set it up and get it running... It included the installing and backup using Clockwork recovery.

As for your SDcard, pull it out and try it in something else to see if it can be read. Make sure you have the FAT partition first then the EXT2 partition at the end or it will not work. The SDcard may have an error or is faulty, you need to check that out first...

As for reloading your firmware, you dont require an SDcard for that, it can be done from fastboot/ADB. If you look on the forums, there are plenty of tools for doing this. I would install a version of Clockwork Recovery first, then install the firmware from there...

Can you inform what kind of drivers did you use with bootloader? My device doesnt want to be seen with original ZTE Android USB Driver for Microsoft PC_5.2066.1.7. in bootloader mode.

Guest Sebastian404
I'll test this out tonight. Whats the main differences between this and the last build we have been working from ?

the main difference is it looks a bit different, and they dropped the old update-script support, but if your messing with CY you should be ok in that regard.

Can you inform what kind of drivers did you use with bootloader? My device doesnt want to be seen with original ZTE Android USB Driver for Microsoft PC_5.2066.1.7. in bootloader mode.

Thanx everethyng was made.

Guest serialmonkey

Tested out most functions. Can't spot any issues. Looks good

Guest synaptic

Since we don't have a dedicated forum for this device, I have to post this here:

I've noticed that the V9 with the Optus firmware is quite slow after a factory reset. I have also seen that the devices sold in Europe appear to have a differently customised UI to the Australian one (??) (e.g. when bought from Voda PT), so I'm interested to see if they benchmark differently. Anyone care to post their benchmarks to see if there is a difference?

I performed immediately after factory reset, with only the apps installed then reboot (and at-boot apps (e.g. gmail) running)

Firmware: Optus 9.2.1-update1

With Quadrant: ~406

With Neocore: ~35.5 FPS

Guest Sebastian404

Good news, Bad News!

I was out with some guys form the office last night, since its my last weekend in London! and one of them mentioned his girlfriend is coming over from Australia to meet him at MWC next week, and since he was drunk and we had an ipad, we ordered her a Opus MyTab, for her to bring over with her...

So next week I'll have one, the bad news is that once MWC is over I'm going back to the states and my 'real' job so I'll have less time to mess about with it :P

Guest Sebastian404
Since we don't have a dedicated forum for this device, I have to post this here:

I've emailed one the of mods about getting one made.. but if we had a few more threads.. it might look as if it was more popular... feel free to create another one :P

Edited by Sebastian404

I've emailed one the of mods about getting one made.. but if we had a few more threads.. it might look as if it was more popular... feel free to create another one :P

Problem is that we have jammed it all into one thread. Everything we own is in this one suitcase! :D

I have told some people i know who have the V9 and who work with it that there is this thread.

See how it goes...

Guest Sebastian404
Problem is that we have jammed it all into one thread. Everything we own is in this one suitcase! :P

I have told some people i know who have the V9 and who work with it that there is this thread.

See how it goes...

I was thinking that, but assuming we get a forum we can create new posts

Guest slapnuts

I've noticed that the V9 with the Optus firmware is quite slow after a factory reset. I have also seen that the devices sold in Europe appear to have a differently customised UI to the Australian one (??) (e.g. when bought from Voda PT), so I'm interested to see if they benchmark differently. Anyone care to post their benchmarks to see if there is a difference?

I performed immediately after factory reset, with only the apps installed then reboot (and at-boot apps (e.g. gmail) running)

Firmware: Optus 9.2.1-update1

With Quadrant: ~406

With Neocore: ~35.5 FPS

I'm running the 'life' rom posted a few pages back, and it scores 411 in quadrant.

But more importantly, both the lock screen and desktop are able to be vertical or horizontal. And with none of the optus junk it came with when bought. Tis a win.

Guest Sebastian404
I'm running the 'life' rom posted a few pages back, and it scores 411 in quadrant.

But more importantly, both the lock screen and desktop are able to be vertical or horizontal. And with none of the optus junk it came with when bought. Tis a win.

Hmm, Im not sure where that image came from, well it was posted up here by a user, but im not sure where he (her) got it from.

Looking at it, it is a fairly stripped back with none of the clutter you'd expect with one from a carrier...

doing some digging, the only 3g APN is for 'internet.life.com.by" and the only cootek keyboard is a russian one....

looking at http://life.com.by/ they seem to have a picture of the v9 on there....

so Belarus is the place to be it seems

EDIT: I went back and double checked, and looking at the orignal dump I got, they seem to of install the hosts file from adblock as 'stock'... so not only is there less clutter, theres less ads

Edited by Sebastian404