ZTE V9 Tablet

Guest J_Martin

Guest Stephen J. Knill
I changed the permissions in init.rc, pushed the file to the phone, sync than reboot and got the same file than before, any idea? :S Really anoying,

The init.rc file is part of the ramdisk image, so you'll need to crack it open again... edit the file and repack, push onto phone and flash it to make changes stick. (sync only really works on the /system and /data)

Guest Stephen J. Knill
...any idea to execute a line on boot without this files?

Yep, put a script in /system/etc/init.d and chmod 755 they will be run after the init.rc

The init.rc file is part of the ramdisk image, so you'll need to crack it open again... edit the file and repack, push onto phone and flash it to make changes stick. (sync only really works on the /system and /data)

Ok done, thanks checking :D

OMG, I flashed new boot with fastboot flash boot boot.img after phone blinking with ZTE screen, no recovery, no adb, no bootloader state, only this DFU s***, what can I do?

Only multiDL work, and I haven't got firmware :S

any idea how can I get mbd files for my device? totaly bricked

To flash this russian firmware after update recovery and flash my 2.2 will work or I can put to the trash? There is no firmware available to this device in public.

What is bootloader key config? vol down + power = download mode :S

Edited by Biti

Guest Stephen J. Knill
Ok done, thanks checking :D

OMG, I flashed new boot with fastboot flash boot boot.img after phone blinking with ZTE screen, no recovery, no adb, no bootloader state, only this DFU s***, what can I do?

Only multiDL work, and I haven't got firmware :S

any idea how can I get mbd files for my device? totaly bricked

To flash this russian firmware after update recovery and flash my 2.2 will work or I can put to the trash? There is no firmware available to this device in public.

Doesn't holding down Volume - boot you into recovery? (After you rip the battery out for a few secs) -- It should do still, unless something really freaky has happened.

And without some kind of access to the device such as with adb, fastboot-windows or CM recovery mode... there isn't really any way of re-flashing the device (since there are no design schematics out, there are no hard cable methods)

-- Any firmware from an IDENTICAL device will work, but it must be from one of the new v9's (the older versions will just boot loop also)

Edited by Stephen J. Knill

Doesn't holding down Volume - boot you into recovery? (After you rip the battery out for a few secs) -- It should do still, unless something really freaky has happened.

And without some kind of access to the device such as with adb, fastboot-windows or CM recovery mode... there isn't really any way of re-flashing the device (since there are no design schematics out, there are no hard cable methods)

unable to get in recovery mode in this V9, phone reboots after 3 sec, voldown+power get to the DFU mode and no others. what can I do reflash with M stuff, but I think this wil ltotal kill my device maybe.

Sebastian404 maybe have some infos about this.

But with old firmware maybe I can get into recovery and reflash my original ROM, or It's possible to change the img files in flashable BEELINE_V9V100B08and reflash that way?

Edited by Biti

Guest Sebastian404

There is a guy on the Blade Forum with an X880 who installed the TPT for the Blade onto his device, and he seems to of totaly screwed that up...

the Theory is that the content of the hidden partition controls the base address for the kernel, but from the evidence so far maybe not.

It would seem that ZTE have changed some things in the new devices tho that means its not as easy to get into FTM mode.

There is a guy on the Blade Forum with an X880 who installed the TPT for the Blade onto his device, and he seems to of totaly screwed that up...

the Theory is that the content of the hidden partition controls the base address for the kernel, but from the evidence so far maybe not.

It would seem that ZTE have changed some things in the new devices tho that means its not as easy to get into FTM mode.

I flashed back with my img files now I got a totaly big s***, no ZTE screen just a splash, and usb cannot recognized.

Guest Sebastian404
I flashed back with my img files now I got a totaly big s***, no ZTE screen just a splash, and usb cannot recognized.

have you tried holding down vol+ AND vol- while turning it on?

Guest Stephen J. Knill
unable to get in recovery mode in this V9, phone reboots after 3 sec, voldown+power get to the DFU mode and no others. what can I do reflash with M stuff, but I think this wil ltotal kill my device maybe.

Sebastian404 maybe have some infos about this.

But with old firmware maybe I can get into recovery and reflash my original ROM, or It's possible to change the img files in flashable BEELINE_V9V100B08and reflash that way?

If you can't see the device listed when you run "adb devices" or the "fastboot-windows devices" commands, try unpluging the cable and pluging back in (I know it sounds weird, but I've had the device not show after a boot fail before... and replugging it in solved that part, it atleast allowed be to use the "adb reboot recovery" recovery or bootloader as both will enable flashing ... I just kept spaming the command till my device finally rebooted lol)

An older firmware version MAY work, but then it's just as likely to brick the device also... so I can not advise that.

And I thought you'r rom dump was the TELENOR_V9V1.0.0B01.ZIP?

I'm not really sure how the DFU mode works as I've only seen this on iPhones before (and damn do they suck or what!), but then I was able to recover the iPhone using the iTunes app still... so it was still "booting", just not actually loading all the OS crap that was damaged. -- If you can't get ANY kind of shell access to it, I really don't know... hopefully Sebastian404 might.

Guest Sebastian404

I was going to mention the same thing, since I 'updated' to the latest drivers, when I reboot any ZTE device I have to disconnect and reconnect the USB before my PC will recognize it...

Guest Sebastian404

I'm a bit lost, what did you do to get it into this state?

downloaded m2.zip, replaced img files to my original ones and reflashed with phone flasher.

All of this after I flashed new boot.img with fastboot and phone not booted restarted every seconds and the only thing what could I get was this Dowload state.

Edited by Biti

Guest Stephen J. Knill

He uploaded and flashed a modified boot.img (to change the init.rc file), which somehow caused the device to boot loop. Upon trying to re-flash with his own dumped the M2 images... this is the result.

The exact proccess is a bit elusive to me, as I thought he didn't have shell access... so it must have been using the multiDL thingie he mentioned before (nope, ain't seen that one yet lol)

Guest Sebastian404
downloaded m2.zip, replaced img files to my original ones and reflashed with phone flasher.

All of this after I flashed new boot.img with fastboot and phone not booted restarted every seconds and the only thing what could I get was this Dowload state.

oh, well what you can try repeat the whole process only this time keeping the original files from m2.zip

hopefully you will end up with a working 2.1 v9.....

then we can take it from there...

Guest Stephen J. Knill

One other thing I'd like to know... has anyone been able to actually have the WiFi stay on when screen locks and it's not plugged into charger? (Optus myTab specificly, and don't go pointing me to the Advanced WiFi settings... that was the first thing I tried lol, it's been set to "Never" ever since I brought the device... but still it keeps turning off, and none of the WiFi Lock apps from market have been able to keep it on.

And it looks like Sebastian merged an Optus and Life rom, as several other aspects of the Optus rom have been removed from his version. Shame, I was hoping it would indicate where I can re-enable the full screen rotation again (Hate the lock screen, apps list and "desktop" being stuck in landscape)

The problem started with modded boot image, I just changed the su permissions in init.rc to 4755 from 4550 and checked the crc, but phone not rebooted :S

After I flashed the original img files hrought this m2.zip in phone flasher, reboot and totaly deliquescent screen. USB Device cannot recognized message, no vol up or/and down + power works, I try to change it back for a new one and I believe that the service don't notice my tricks.

Anyway I found the way how to root the new devices just need to do it safety :S

Guest Stephen J. Knill
The problem started with modded boot image, I just changed the su permissions in init.rc to 4755 from 4550 and checked the crc, but phone not rebooted :S

After I flashed the original img files hrought this m2.zip in phone flasher, reboot and totaly deliquescent screen. USB Device cannot recognized message, no vol up or/and down + power works, I try to change it back for a new one and I believe that the service don't notice my tricks.

My first v9 I totally bricked by flashing a Blade 2.2 boot image onto it (I didn't really read the forums, or think about it much for that matter lol... just found it and slaped it on, I didn't even put recovery image or anything on first... just the boot, lol).

I took that back and they sent it off to the service center to be repaired... 2 weeks latter I got a new device, seems they couldn't even figger out what I'd done :s

So there is always the chance it will get replaced, first thing I did when I got the replacement was to put Sebastian404's recovery image onto it. Since then, I've moded pretty much every image file (besides recovery lol)

Guest Damian J

This thread and the other one at xda has become wayyy too cluttered. I just created a forum for this device

www.ztev9.tk

Enjoy!!!

Also looking for a couple mods so pm me over there.

Guest Stephen J. Knill
This thread and the other one at xda has become wayyy too cluttered. I just created a forum for this device

www.ztev9.tk

Enjoy!!!

Also looking for a couple mods so pm me over there.

Well... I think Sebastian404 would have to be on that list, presuming he is willing to join there also :D

Guest Stephen J. Knill
Can sebastian or serialmonkey please post your recovery over at my forum. Cheers!!!

I have copied Sebastian404's post across, it does look kinda weird tho... as the other forms are a bit narrower.

(I'm happy to edit/remove the post in any way should Sebastian404 desire, after all... it's his work, not mine I pasted)

Guest alpha xs

I confirm when in ftm mode, untill now the options is tech support, since no one seems to have or found a usable firmware flasher/or drivers to use the device once it goes FTM.

If there´s a workaround post a tut i shure many out there would apreciated that!

Edited by alpha xs

Guest Sebastian404

So do you have a working V9 now ? with 2.2?

Guest Sebastian404

I should point out that the interesting thing about this new 2.2 kernel is that where the blades 2.2 kernel only included references to the blade, the shipped kernel includes references to ALL of zte's line up, the Blade, the Racer, etc..

So it looks like ZTE have gone and back ported the kernel to all of their older devices, we have already seen the 2.2 update for the Racer, and some Chinese maniacs have managed use hacked up blade kernel to boot it, so I wonder if we will see more 2.2 for other ZTE legacy devices.

I was wondering if the earthquake in Japan has affected ZTE, I know they held a press conference on Friday morning in London, talking of the Skate and V9+/V12 and their lack of faith in a Windows7 phone. But they have not responded to the mailing list, where in the past they where very good at that.

It took quite a lot of pestering to get them to put out a working Blade Kernel, and infact I have 5 different archives of what they put out, of which only the last one will build, and even then we need to fix some typos in it.

You can use the same Source to build a kernel for the Racer but the Camera wont work, and the Joe, but the touch screen wont work correctly....

Lets just hope they have improved their version control practices

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest Gaz14
Just downloaded the romdump (slow connection today).

I´ve seen that thesytem is not in a img format and the gx file is giiving error, gonna try to download again..

Still if anyone is in a fast connection give this a try:

use boot.img form the original device (2.1 version)

use sebastian407 recovery image

and the 2.2 system image (a new dump with the correct img format would be needed or then just cook one form the gz if it extracts, to do so you need linux and a kitchen any wiill do since you will need to do no changes just to pack the files)

(i´ve tried this "before" and it booted, and when i mean before de 2.2 i used was chinese blade's 2.2)

Yeah it booted, but touchscreen was all over the place and had a few FCs, but was able to restore my backup through recovery