Did anyone get official O2 Froyo today?

Guest RedSlug

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest FRAFRA2986

My phone download (connected to wifi) stops at 30% and downloading on my pc from megaupload is so slow......what I have to do to get this bloody update????

Guest slynell
My phone download (connected to wifi) stops at 30% and downloading on my pc from megaupload is so slow......what I have to do to get this bloody update????

your lucky your downloading anything. when i go to about device > system updates i get the usual crappy message

Guest RedSlug

After download, how the heck do you flash it. I keep getting an error with clockwork.

"Cant open /sdcard/update.zip"

(bad)

(For example, after I renamed it update.zip)

Edited by RedSlug

Guest FRAFRA2986
your lucky your downloading anything. when i go to about device > system updates i get the usual crappy message

well i could do it.....But i can't because it's not actually downloading....so i'm not that happy!!!!

Guest superutp
After download, how the heck do you flash it. I keep getting an error with clockwork.

(bad)

ya i dont think it will work with clockwork...

ull probably have to get a stock recovery flashed over clockwork for it to work...

exactly why I shifted to 8105 a few days back from 1.5...

Guys... you can't flash the package via clockwork... if you've downloaded it on your computer then transferred to your phone, you need to flash back the old recovery image in order to flash it. You can flash the 309 recovery image fards has put up (it's in another thread).

If you have downloaded using the phone, then you can just click on the download completed notification and then the upgrade should start itself. Note it may wipe all your data so it's always a good idea to backup first. Even if it doesn't wipe, it's a good idea to factory reset right after the update anyways, especially if you're getting lots of FC's and/or the phone is running dead slow.

(bad)

You need to rename to update.pkg, battery out then in, vol up+vol down+power into recovery mode. If you have clockworkmod you wont be abler to do this as you need stock recovery.

(bad)

Use dells STOCK recovery to flash DELL .pkg files.

Guest superutp
link is not working..... sigh it's so frurstrating

not working through your phone or on your pc...?

try on ur pc if u havent tried....can imagine the frustration..

Guest superutp
Thanks to all that said this.

I'm stuck on a 64bit Win7 laptop for tonight, so no fastboot for me.. Bummer.

I am on a 64bit Win 7 laptop as well...fastboot works perfectly...??

Guest RedSlug
I am on a 64bit Win 7 laptop as well...fastboot works perfectly...??

I've never been able to get it to work. Spent literally hours and hours and hours. :) On work PC it works first time.

Guest superutp
I've never been able to get it to work. Spent literally hours and hours and hours. :) On work PC it works first time.

hmm ok cool...no point giving u instructions on it I guess....since U wud've tried it already...

Guest FRAFRA2986
not working through your phone or on your pc...?

try on ur pc if u havent tried....can imagine the frustration..

my computer is stuck as well but thank god now I'm halfway.....but it took me like 2 hours to make the download start properly....i'm starting to hate dell!!!!!!

What I have to do once I've download it on my pc??

Guest FRAFRA2986
Download using the standard android browser, not skyfire or anything else.

the point is it was the default browser that was crashing now with miren I'm going trhough the download

Guest superutp
my computer is stuck as well but thank god now I'm halfway.....but it took me like 2 hours to make the download start properly....i'm starting to hate dell!!!!!!

What I have to do once I've download it on my pc??

depends on which version u r on...

if u are on anything official from dell then just rename the pkg to update.pkg....go to recovery and install it...

anything else like steve's froyo versions then U need to flash the stock recovery first..