USB Host mode - Working Devices (a list)

Guest bazzlad

Guest thedicemaster

i wonder, has anyone tried a mouse/keyboard combo that uses a single usb receiver, or a keyboard with integrated mouse(trackpad/trackbal etc.)?

Working - imation 1Gb USB Drive

Working - Kingston DataTraveler 16Gb USB Drive

edit - Kingston works after a re-format

Edited by MaxiP

Guest Melted

Olympus Camera Model Sp 560 uz Working. I can acces the files.

Rainbow USB Hub & Generic mouse working.

I'll try the HDD , pens and so on this weekend.

Guest Bobbler
i wonder, has anyone tried a mouse/keyboard combo that uses a single usb receiver, or a keyboard with integrated mouse(trackpad/trackbal etc.)?

Will do later, I have a "Pazzport" which is basically a wireless keyboard/trackpad combo unit - has it's own wireless dongle rather than using Bluetooth.

Guest MarkoUK

Got this Keysonic Ultra Mini Keyboard to work (ACK-340U+). The mouse and keyboard both work over the single USB connection. It doesn't mind being unplugged and plugged in again too - works perfectly every time.

img20110105124452.jpg

Guest thedicemaster

i ordered a lenovo keyboard/trackball combo which would probably work great as a gamepad/controller as well, if it works properly i'll post a link here.

My Prestige iomega 250gb external hard drive does not work... any ideas why?

My guess would be that the drive requires more power than the Vega can provide on the USB port - if you search through the thread, there are differing results with external USB drives. From a quick Google, that seems to be quite an old drive is OS supported are listed as Windows 2000/XP/Vista

Edited by MaxiP

My guess would be that the drive requires more power than the Vega can provide on the USB port - if you search through the thread, there are differing results with external USB drives. From a quick Google, that seems to be quite an old drive is OS supported are listed as Windows 2000/XP/Vista

Thanks for the info.

Guest Bobbler
Will do later, I have a "Pazzport" which is basically a wireless keyboard/trackpad combo unit - has it's own wireless dongle rather than using Bluetooth.

Yep, works perfect. Tested all the keys etc. This sort of thing - http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.32245

Handy as it literally has weeks worth of battery power in it and can be recharged from any USB socket too :D

I have to say, I LOVE this Vega!

Working - Buffalo JustStore 320Gb Hard Drive (yee-haw)

Confused & not happy :D

Buffalo drive arrived and tested straight away by copying a couple of things onto it & then seeing / playing back on Vega...fantastic. I then made the mistake of clearing the disk of all the bloatware by accidentally formatting as NTFS. Windows 7 doesn't natively allow FAT32 formatting - no biggie I thought as Buffalo supply a tool (DriveNavi) that includes a formatting tool. I have done low level (physical), low level & error check formats as FAT32 but just can't get the Vega to see the drive again. I've even used the trial of Acronis True Image Home to create a 'new' FAT32 disk but still nothing.

The drive works perfectly in Windows and with the Buffalo USB tool, is very fast (transfer speeds to drive of 60-70MB/s). But no matter what I try (format, delete / create partitions, enable / disable power saving, etc) I just can't get the Vega to see the hard drive again.

Any suggestions welcome as I thought I had my mobile movies sorted out

Guest thedicemaster

MaxiP: could you do the following for me?

first restart your vega, then insert your USB hdd, and check what "files" you see in /dev/block/vold/

files should be 2 numbers(1-3 digits each) separated by :

and then give me a list of the files.

Thanks....

Before connecting USB hard drive;

179:24

179:25

After connecting USB Hard drive;

179:24

179:25

8:0

8:1

8:5

Edited by MaxiP

Guest thedicemaster

what i expected.

the formatter you use makes a partition table with 2 partitions(8:1 and 8:5)

your first partition isn't really a real partition so the vega thinks you put in a bad drive.

you can use the following to make it visible as it is now:

su

mount -o rw -t vfat /dev/block/vold/8:5 /mnt/usb/usb_system
and to unmount it if you want to unplug it:
su

umount /mnt/usb/usb_system

the vega normally does this by itself, but as it can't find the fat partition you need to do it manually.

or you will have to reformat it.

http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

that tool worked for me.

what i expected.

the formatter you use makes a partition table with 2 partitions(8:1 and 8:5)

your first partition isn't really a real partition so the vega thinks you put in a bad drive.

you can use the following to make it visible as it is now:

su

mount -o rw -t vfat /dev/block/vold/8:5 /mnt/usb/usb_system
and to unmount it if you want to unplug it:
su

umount /mnt/usb/usb_system

the vega normally does this by itself, but as it can't find the fat partition you need to do it manually.

or you will have to reformat it.

http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

that tool worked for me.

Many thanks tdm - I'll try the formatting tool as I'd much prefer to not to have to mount / unmount to use it, especially as I'm working away this week.

Guest thedicemaster

to make it easier you could always enter those scripts in gscript, but still having it work just by pluging in is always better(well, except for the fact that you can't unmount)

Guest trebor63

Does anyone know if a USB microphone would work? I have an app which uses the onboard Mic for data capture, have tried it works ok but need a bit louder input.

Thanks

to make it easier you could always enter those scripts in gscript, but still having it work just by pluging in is always better(well, except for the fact that you can't unmount)

Still can't get it to work either after a complete re-format or when trying to mount. I suspect the problem isn't helped by the power saving mode of the disk - i.e. if you don't try to access it at *exactly* the right time, it spins down to conserve power.

I'll have some time over the next few evenings whilst sitting in hotels to have another crack at it - thanks for your help to now...much appreciated