Vega Bootscreens

Guest JordanT92

Guest boffboff
Can anyone post the stock framework-res as i have deleted mine of the device but forgot to save it :(

Here's one taken from 1.06.5 with R5 + SmallBar + Performance Pack (in case it makes a difference) that I backed up a while ago while messing about.

Bollocks it's too big to upload! Hang on..

framework-res.ORIG rename to .APK

Have a Happy New Year!

Nice!

Think I'll give this a shot...

UPDATE:

Well I'm running the 1.6 stock and Paul's latest update with performance pack etc and no matter how many times I have tried, I simply cannot get enough free space to get the update in. What is odd is that I cannot get the original framework-res.apk into place and have done at least half a dozen rebuilds from stock through the MoDaCo build etc.

I had an issue with space, but opening the apk using WINRAR I replaced the boot image and deleted the nvidia jpg's as mentioned in the first post.

I made sure that the compression level was set to best before closing the archive, it reduced in size from 8.6k down to 6.3k and I was able to push it back.

Note I have also deleted all the ring tones as mentioned above as well.

df after r6 ( with everything ) and the updated framework

/system: 122496K total, 114820K used, 7676K available (block size 4096)

/data: 339072K total, 225260K used, 113812K available (block size 4096)

HTH

Guest micsin

Have a look here

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hac...animations.html

I messed about a while ago making boot animations with the instructions on the above site.

I found a gif , extracted all the images, renamed and resized and saved as png.

Seemed to work ok and file size didn't seem to matter.

Mine were pretty crap but they worked. Also no need to edit framework-res.apk.

Guest terminaljunkie
Have a look here

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hac...animations.html

I messed about a while ago making boot animations with the instructions on the above site.

I found a gif , extracted all the images, renamed and resized and saved as png.

Seemed to work ok and file size didn't seem to matter.

Mine were pretty crap but they worked. Also no need to edit framework-res.apk.

Salutes - Many thanks - will give that a try! :unsure:

ptbw,

Cheers for update, one question, did you extract the whole framework then replace the file & repackage?

No I did not unpack the files. Just replaced the one file and deleted the others in the winrar ui.

HTH

Guest terminaljunkie
Salutes - Many thanks - will give that a try! :unsure:

As above in micsin's post (Cheers that man B) ) the bootanimation works like a charm!!!

I have but one question - if you wanted to just use this as a means of getting a static image what would you have to do, I assume that the desc.txt is somehow instructing it to load the image, but can you explain what all the parameters are for the purpose of tinkering?

Once again many thanks - I feel liberated

Guest terminaljunkie
No I did not unpack the files. Just replaced the one file and deleted the others in the winrar ui.

HTH

ptbw - many thanks for response, I think I like the non intrusive method better using bootanimations - with an easy out!

Guest terminaljunkie
terminaljunkie

This page gives a good answer to your question.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hac...-explained.html

You can actually have two seperate boot animations play one after another.

For a static one I would think you would want something like this.

1024 600 10

p 0 0 part0

Hope this info helps.

Once again my thanks :unsure:

Buttock clenching time ......

Thought I'd give this a go so got one of the images earlier in the post as my preferred PNG. PULLed framework-res as instructed, opened in WINRAR and replaced with my new bootscreen. Tried to PUSH it back but got the out of space error message.

OK - re-edited the framework-res and removed the .OGG ringtones and the NVidia images. Brought the apk size down from 9Mb to 6Mb (ish). Tried to PUSH this back up but same result !!! Out of space error even though the modified apk is smaller than the original.

Downloaded a cop of the original and tried that as well - still no success.

Looks like it's going to be a re-flash from stock ROM & start again :unsure: I have a Titanium backup of apps / data from yesterday so not too much lost but still a major PITA

Guest Lennyuk
Buttock clenching time ......

Thought I'd give this a go so got one of the images earlier in the post as my preferred PNG. PULLed framework-res as instructed, opened in WINRAR and replaced with my new bootscreen. Tried to PUSH it back but got the out of space error message.

OK - re-edited the framework-res and removed the .OGG ringtones and the NVidia images. Brought the apk size down from 9Mb to 6Mb (ish). Tried to PUSH this back up but same result !!! Out of space error even though the modified apk is smaller than the original.

Downloaded a cop of the original and tried that as well - still no success.

Looks like it's going to be a re-flash from stock ROM & start again :unsure: I have a Titanium backup of apps / data from yesterday so not too much lost but still a major PITA

"adb pull" doesn't remove the file from your phone it just makes a copy elsewhere. So if your pushing a file back that is a different name it will be adding it on top of the file you pulled (not sure what process you did...so just some info).

"adb pull" doesn't remove the file from your phone it just makes a copy elsewhere. So if your pushing a file back that is a different name it will be adding it on top of the file you pulled (not sure what process you did...so just some info).

I PULLed (copied) the framework-res file to my PC, updated using WINrar, then pushed it back using the same name.

arad85 - yes I made sure it was re-mounyed before starting.

Slightly worryingly now is that I am struggling to get it to recovery status - when I connect the USB cable, PC hangs (Win x64 Ultimate). I'm going to remove all the ADB / NVidia drivers from the PC & reoot before I continue.

Out of interest, can you simulate recovery on the Vega even though it isn't connect via USB ? i.e. ake sure I have the timing correct for the back / power button sequence

Guest Lennyuk
I PULLed (copied) the framework-res file to my PC, updated using WINrar, then pushed it back using the same name.

arad85 - yes I made sure it was re-mounyed before starting.

Slightly worryingly now is that I am struggling to get it to recovery status - when I connect the USB cable, PC hangs (Win x64 Ultimate). I'm going to remove all the ADB / NVidia drivers from the PC & reoot before I continue.

Out of interest, can you simulate recovery on the Vega even though it isn't connect via USB ? i.e. ake sure I have the timing correct for the back / power button sequence

I was going to say try "adb reboot recovery" but if your usb is not working....

Guest Melted

hi, I'm going to share my experience, maybe can help someone.-

I really liked the idea of having a custom bootscreen, so I went for it yesterday night.

As my computer is win7, I haven't been able to install custom drivers and my wife was using her pc ( win xp with usb drivers).

So I said " What the heck! , I'll do it thought root explorer" Obviously I screwed it.

It rebooted and let me with my nice new boot screen flashing but nothing else.

So I flashed the rom again, installed modaco add-on and went to my wife's pc.

Tried adb method but got insufficient space disk issue, even when the file was smaller than the original.

As I has just installed the MDC R6, I saw the installer was pushing the framework-res.apk.

As I had nothing to loose, I went to the folder ( in th pc folder where the MCD was unzipped) files/system/framework , opened the file framework-res.apk with winrar, replaced the bootscreen with the custom one.Then, I installed again the MDC r6, and It worked, it pushed the framework-res.apk with the new boot screen.

I'll post my boot screen as soon I get home this afternoon.

I hope this post makes some sense, excuse my English.

Guest Bomber6
This just happened to me. I couldn't get the framework-res.apk to copy back across even though it was 2mb smaller and i'd removed ringtones, etc. /system was reporting 36k free. Luckily I had a recently clockworkmod backup so I did a reflash, installed pauls mod then clockworkmod and restored.

Ta for the idea. Just had the same issue and thought I was royally f****d when the Volume Down/Power combo I know and love didn't boot me into clockworkmod :P

I think I'll stick with the stock boot screen until the above combo is possible :D

Guest ashbash
I have updated the attached framework-res.apk to include the following:
  1. Android Boot Screen
    bootscreen.jpg
  2. Battery Colour changed to Blue (instead of Green by default)
    statsysbattery60.png
  3. Removed the Nvidia Wallpapers to keep file size down.
Link to File:

File name: framework-res.apk File size: 6.49 MB

Would be good if you could pick from the members boot screens etc when u bake a rom in the kitchen, there are some really good ones on here,also I'm sure Paul could generate a framework res automatically in the kitchen process and mod the install to push it...

A

Guest Sanddancer75
Would be good if you could pick from the members boot screens etc when u bake a rom in the kitchen, there are some really good ones on here,also I'm sure Paul could generate a framework res automatically in the kitchen process and mod the install to push it...

A

That's a great idea. I tried changing mine & messed things up, I'm in no rush to try again.

Guest JordanT92

A

That would be great, but until then, I could create a PHP based generator to create the framework-res.apk, with the appropriate tools to get it working on your Vega (ADB with install script / installable APK which overwrites existing if possible (safest)).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Eli3l

Does someone know how to replace the "Booting..." writing? (If it is possible...)

I have an animated .gif as bootimage but don't use a .apk file. I just put the gif in a .zip file and call it bootimage.zip and save it to /data/local/ and it shows the .gif after the "Booting..." text.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest SeiferTV

I'll try to make a Custom Bootanimation using the POV logo

POV-800x600.jpg

( Which looks pretty badass IMO )

I was thinking about making the chameleon appear ( like it was changing colors ), or something like that ( If someone else wants to do something like that, please, be my guest, I'm not exactly a talented person when it comes to editing/animating)

And yes, I'd like to change the "Booting..." aswel.

Stock 1.09 from Vega, does have a nice android logo, I wonder why it was removed from r8.

Edited by SeiferTV