Wifi issue

Guest rajsaww

Guest trevor432990
I had the same trouble caused by the channel my router was using. I was on channel 13. Moved it to channel 8 (used Wifi Analyzer on the Vega to find a clear channel) and it worked fine on WPA/2 PSK. Move my router back to channel 13 and no go. I'm guessing that the Vega h'ware struggles with some channels. Worth a try...

PS. Sorry trevor432990, our posts crossed..

No probs thanks for the input is the 'Wi-fi analyzer' an app or a tool included in the Vega somewhere?

Guest trevor432990
Thanks for the replies guys, tried channel 6,8,10, auto still no luck.

Oh darn it ... I'm a bit stumped now but one final thing I can suggest is that you go into wi-fi settings again and click on your wireless network name and click on 'Forget' so it disappears and then hit the menu icon and click on 'scan' and see if it picks it up cleanly this time.

P.S. Make sure the router is on a different channel to what it has been for most of the day first

Edited by trevor432990

Guest simonta

Wifi Analyser is a great tool - just get it from the market. It will show you all the APs in range and what channel they're using along with relative strengths. Defintely use this when finding a good channel but be aware that there can be interference on a channel which is not from a WiFi AP and which you won't see in Wifi Analyser.

My advice is to look for a clear channel towards the middle of the band (and avoid higher channels - I suspect that the Vega might struggle with these)

Guest trevor432990
Yep.

I was rather hoping it would remove the entry completely rather than just forget the password as I think it is remembering more than just the password but also the router settings even though they have now been changed. We need to figure out a way to force Vega to request selection of which router to connect to again in order to pickup the revised channel.

Good luck with your attempt at your friends house it'll be interesting to hear how you got on.

Guest hullmackem

Started to get this issue myself, it happens when i put the vega in standy mode/or goes into standby. :)

Tried changing channel on ruter but nothing happens, though if ireboot it everything comes back.

Guest trevor432990
Started to get this issue myself, it happens when i put the vega in standy mode/or goes into standby. ;)

Tried changing channel on ruter but nothing happens, though if ireboot it everything comes back.

Interesting we'd better keep an eye on this topic for any trends emerging as comms seems to be becoming an issue worthy of follow-up with our Advent colleagues if it becomes more widespread. This evening my Vega started running very slow and when I checked my signal strength it had become poor for no apparent reason and it took a reboot to get it back up to normal strength :)

Guest warriorscot

It has the add network function that lets you manually enter an SSID so it might be able to, I would try it but I'm not the only person using the router and if I change the SSID I will get an earful.

One thing that really did it for my vega was changing the channel on the router using the vega. Throws a hissy fit every time.

Also I have noticed it doesn't like the higher channels it may be something in the wireless chip restricting the upper channels. Might be a regional restriction thing or just a weird hardware quirk.

Wifi analyser is useful however it has actually caused this problem itself as I think it can trigger a conflict if it tries to make a change to your set up.

The most common solution to this problem I have found is changing the channel and time and it will often fix itself. Don't know if anyone else has noticed but for me it almost always happens at night. May just be a weird coincidence may not.

Guest gitf@ce

Make sure 'Mac Address Filtering' is switched off. Check the mac address of the Vega, some Netgear don't like mac addresses that don't start 00.

Edited by gitf@ce

I am having the same problem.

Continuously trying to get an IP address, and then when it does, the Vega connects for a short while and then disconnects and cycles again. I do have a hidden SSD, but the connection settings are set up properly and passwords correct ect, and I do have MAC filtering.

I've go loads of other laptops, phones, consoles, devices etc set up and working with the router (D-Link 615) on the same old settings and they all work, so it's annoying that the vega "can't just work" out of the box

• 2 months later...
Guest worto03

Thanks guys, my vega got really bad signal and kept dropping alltogether in the lounge when the laptop was fine.

Just downloaded wifi analyser and it suggested changing to channel 2. Done that and now it all works fine!

Was on channel 11 before.

Guest simonta

Wifi Analyser does not change any Wifi settings unless you tell it to. Been using it for about a year now, no issues at all.

The Vega will not use any channel above 11 by default. It's set to the US regulatory domain. Install Wifi Buddy, can't remember where exactly but in it's settings, probably in "Advanced", you can change the regulatory domain to use all 14 channels.

For anyone connecting and disconnecting, you are almost certainly on a noisy channel. The Vega is more susceptible to this than most devices. Just change the channel on the router (use Googel) to a clear one as shown by Wifi Analyser.

Guest sandanpa
The first line is Wifi, click it to turn it on. It sometimes says obtaining ip address" but now just says "Scanning..." and then "Disconnected"

I've turned off all the other wifi devices, still no help.

I don't have those options under my router name?

Name, Remembered, secured with WPA/WPA22 PSK, Strength: Good.

Dont have link speed or IP address as I can't connect?

ui2ikc6208de9ccviewattth12cffdf7cf0.jpg

SSID is ticked

Have the same problem with my vega , i just restart router and it will reconnect ,if i close vega i have to restart rooter again

Not a fix ( dont like to go down to reset router just for my tablet and disconnect everyone in house :( ) but at least can use wifi.

it is a problem with the vega not the router ,if u reinstal android it works again...untill one restart

Guest Dennis Elbow

Damn :D not used my Vega for a couple of days. Switched it on around an hour ago and no way can I get to connect... Only three weeks old and has been working flawlessly up to now. Any ideas please?

O2 Router F8171C

Tried : changing channels / re-booting

Strong signal strength to my laptop sat next to the Vega

R8 ROM

Guest Minimonkey
Damn :D not used my Vega for a couple of days. Switched it on around an hour ago and no way can I get to connect... Only three weeks old and has been working flawlessly up to now. Any ideas please?

O2 Router F8171C

Tried : changing channels / re-booting

Strong signal strength to my laptop sat next to the Vega

R8 ROM

Latest firmware on router?

Edited by Minimonkey

Guest Dennis Elbow
Latest firmware on router?

Thanks for the quick reply mate, really doing my nut in this ! when you say latest firmware on router, do you mean has it got the latest firmware? also what I cant understand, is why has it suddenly stopped working, having worked perfectly before

Guest Minimonkey
Thanks for the quick reply mate, really doing my nut in this ! when you say latest firmware on router, do you mean has it got the latest firmware? also what I cant understand, is why has it suddenly stopped working, having worked perfectly before

Could check if there is a section on the router for firmware upgrade, may not be with it being an o2 router

Guest Dennis Elbow
Could check if there is a section on the router for firmware upgrade, may not be with it being an o2 router

No just been checking, there's no software update option within the control panel.