[RECOVERY] : ClockworkMod Recovery for ZTE Blade [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest burstlam

for unknown reason. It appears to me that using 3.0.1.4 will get a longer wait in normal boot.

the screen of little green android stays much longer that all previous version. pls take a look at it

Guest fonix232

So far the bugs:

- In mounts & storage, format /recovery... WTF? Who the hell wants to remove it this way?

- Screen rotates (and when it's done, backlight goes from dim to full)

Edited by fonix232

Guest arpakyna

Tried downloading 3.0.1.4 update.zip three times and every time I get the same wrong MD5 sum. Has the file been updated but post isn't?

Guest sads45
Tried downloading 3.0.1.4 update.zip three times and every time I get the same wrong MD5 sum. Has the file been updated but post isn't?

+1

Guest Wanderer71

Hi Sebastian,

I have tried to install the newest clockworkmod recovery via the img file (recovery-clockwork-3.0.1.4-blade.img )

using the recovery manager, but now when I try to reboot into recovery it stucks at the green robot picture.

Moreover, when I try to reinstall the previously used 3.0.0.6 and even with the old 2.1.5.8 version, I am getting

the same thing.

I am using the newest FLB R10b ROM and I have checked the MD5 sums using ASTRO.

Everything checked out fine. I am not sure what to do now, please help to resolve this issue.

At least the phone is able to boot normally, 'only' recovery does not work now.

(I tried reboot into recovery or the start + volume down method. Nothing works :-( )

Thanks a lot for the help in advance!

Tamas

Guest Wanderer71

SOLVED:

Luckily the fastboot method worked succesfully: I was able to put back version 3.0.0.6

Then, I updated to 3.0.1.4 with the zip file and clockworkmod

Now I am happy to report that clockworkmod 3.0.1.4 works on my phone.

(well at least it boots and the menu appears. ;-) )

Hi Sebastian,

I have tried to install the newest clockworkmod recovery via the img file (recovery-clockwork-3.0.1.4-blade.img )

using the recovery manager, but now when I try to reboot into recovery it stucks at the green robot picture.

Moreover, when I try to reinstall the previously used 3.0.0.6 and even with the old 2.1.5.8 version, I am getting

the same thing.

I am using the newest FLB R10b ROM and I have checked the MD5 sums using ASTRO.

Everything checked out fine. I am not sure what to do now, please help to resolve this issue.

At least the phone is able to boot normally, 'only' recovery does not work now.

(I tried reboot into recovery or the start + volume down method. Nothing works :-( )

Thanks a lot for the help in advance!

Tamas

Guest shanewaz

Can someone please help me? I have 2.5.1.8 already installed on my phone by pressing ‘on’ and ‘volume down’ but I cannot for the life of me work out how to update it to the later versions. I’ve downloaded recovery clockwork 3.0.0.5, 3.0.0.6 and 3.0.1.4 from the net but cannot work out how to update them into my phone, as every time I have tried to use CMD to put it on my phone (the way I originally did 2.5.1.8 whilst pressing volume up and 'on' and connecting to my PC and typing in through CMD recovery - blade 3.0.05 etc, etc) it never seems to work. I was using Win 7 for 2.5.1.8 (which worked), but I now can only get a hold of XP in English as I’m in China, and I cannot get a head around the Chinese language. I have the blade drivers installed and it recognises fine when I plug it in normally into XP, but when I use the volume up and 'on' option to install later versions of Clockwork it doesn't recognise the 'android device'.

I tried downloading and running Rom Manager from the market as well, but under ‘Flash ClockworkMod Recovery it states I must have it already installed to flash and restore roms, but when I click on this (as I’m assuming it’s to download the latest version of recovery) it always has an error whilst downloading, as I’m currently in China, and I’m assuming it has been blocked (as happens when you d/load Twitter or Facebook from the Market here)

Your help would be MUCH appreciated - thanks.

Guest Quirin

- Download the zip-version of Clockwork 3.0.0.6 or 3.0.1.4

- put it on your sd-card (don't unzip !) in a directory you have created before (e.g. "Software")

- (re-) start your phone by pressing "vol-down" + "power-on"

- whilst you are in clockwork go to "install zip from sdcard" and "choose zip from sdcard"

- go to the directory you choose before and install the clockwork-zip-file

- reboot system, that's it!

Now when you boot with "vol-down" + "power-on" you'll have the new clockwork-version.

Guest natash

How to install clockwork if powering on with volume up is not working, software is flb-froyo-r11b.zip and Recovery Manager is not working? Phone now is hanging up on screen with green android when I turn it on. Only when I powering on the phone with service mode it is powering on (remove battyer, plug usb, put battery back)

Guest worto03

Hi I'm following this guide - links below - it's my first time :D

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-the-zte-blade/

I'm trying to use recovery manager 0.34b and install clockwork 3.0.1.4 after rooting (although it said it was already rooted) superuser appeared and recovery manager was granted superuser access but when I try to install the 3.0.1.4 blade img file it says installing (grants superuser access) then just always says currently installed recovery is unrecognised?

Am I doing something wrong or can anyone help. Hope this hasn't been covered before but this thread is 18 pages long!

Thanks,

worto.

Guest targetbsp

Recovery 3.0.1.4 is newer than Recovery Manager so it probably doesn't recognise it. If you press the menu button in Recovery Manager I believe you get the option to update database or something (I don't have phone with me to check exact wording!) so it recognises newer versions of roms and recoveries.

Guest worto03
Recovery 3.0.1.4 is newer than Recovery Manager so it probably doesn't recognise it. If you press the menu button in Recovery Manager I believe you get the option to update database or something (I don't have phone with me to check exact wording!) so it recognises newer versions of roms and recoveries.

Thanks for such a quick response - that worked fine! Hopefully I'll know what I'm doing soon!

Guest XpressAndy

Why does my phone is not recognizing this software? The recovery manager says "Currently installed recovery: Unrecognized". I tried both 3.0.0.6 and 3.0.1.4. Please help as I'm not able to install new ROM.

PS: I have already rooted the phone. I have Gen 1 zte blade.

Guest targetbsp
Why does my phone is not recognizing this software? The recovery manager says "Currently installed recovery: Unrecognized". I tried both 3.0.0.6 and 3.0.1.4. Please help as I'm not able to install new ROM.

PS: I have already rooted the phone. I have Gen 1 zte blade.

Umm... read the quote immediately above your post. :D

Guest zafisinl1976

Hi!

I have a zte blade and i want install clockwork.I am following instructions (volume+ and power up)but the android logo doesn't stay on the screen.After a while it boots normally.I tried pressing the keys simultanesly or volume+ first and then power but same thing.I also tried to keep them pushed for 10 seconds but same result.I read somewhere that in the new zte blades this key combination doesn't work.Any suggestions like another key combination in order to install clockwork?Another thing to mention is that my draw pattern is locked so i can't boot normally and use android market.Thanks!

Guest Fadox

Hii guys, well i've a new zte blade but: couldn't unlock my phone so i flashed with the first orange uk rom to try to unlock it, then my screen didn't work so i tried to reverse to my optimus rom(from portugal) however when i pull power+volume down CWM doesn't appear, there's a white window with this: 'FTM' . And power+vol up don't do nothing :D

What can i do to solve this? (since i don't have touchscreen nor clockworkrecovery/ power + vol up). I really need some help, thanks in advance.