[RECOVERY] : ClockworkMod Recovery for ZTE Blade [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Quirin

Hi Seb,

could you rename your new files to "...gen1..." and "...gen2..." instead of "...g1..." and "...g2..."?

It's better readable and there' s the T-Mobile G1 of course...

Thanks in advance!

Guest HELLienadO
Hii guys, well i've a new zte blade but: couldn't unlock my phone so i flashed with the first orange uk rom to try to unlock it, then my screen didn't work so i tried to reverse to my optimus rom(from portugal) however when i pull power+volume down CWM doesn't appear, there's a white window with this: 'FTM' . And power+vol up don't do nothing :D

What can i do to solve this? (since i don't have touchscreen nor clockworkrecovery/ power + vol up). I really need some help, thanks in advance.

That "FTM" screen is the original recovery, in this case I think it's from that orange uk rom, it seems you've installed an oled device rom. Whichever rom you have installed, it doesn't make any difference to unlock the phone, it's independent from the rom installed(as far as I know). Just install clockworkmod recovery via fastboot(instructions on the first post) and you'll be clear to go. Power+vol up does do something, you just don't see it, when you do it, it will be in fasboot mode, you'll see the initial android when you power it up and it stays like that.

Fica bem

Edited by HELLienadO

Guest beangeles

help!

i accidentally updated using clockwordmod for gen 2, now clock work does not work and i cant change rom :D.

please can someone help me how to restore clockworck mod for gen 1.

Guest HELLienadO
help!

i accidentally updated using clockwordmod for gen 2, now clock work does not work and i cant change rom :D.

please can someone help me how to restore clockworck mod for gen 1.

Just install the correct recovery via fastboot. Simple

Guest jonmac73
Recovery 3.0.1.4 is newer than Recovery Manager so it probably doesn't recognise it. If you press the menu button in Recovery Manager I believe you get the option to update database or something (I don't have phone with me to check exact wording!) so it recognises newer versions of roms and recoveries.

Tried that - was connected to wi-fi and took 30 secs or so - still says rom not recognised and can't do anything as thinks there is no custom rom installed.

Help please - or am I doing something daft !!

UK OSF runnning SS RLS3

2011-04-01 - v3.0.2.4 b1 - two versions of recovery image to support Generation 1 & 2 devices

SD partitioning not work!

Starting recovery on Thu Apr 7 11:46:54 2011

framebuffer: fd 4 (480 x 800)

ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.2.4

recovery filesystem table

=========================

0 /tmp ramdisk (null) (null)

1 /recovery mtd recovery (null)

2 /boot mtd boot (null)

3 /misc mtd misc (null)

4 /cache yaffs2 cache (null)

5 /system yaffs2 system (null)

6 /data yaffs2 userdata (null)

7 /sdcard vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /dev/block/mmcblk0

8 /sd-ext auto /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 (null)

I:Completed outputting fstab.

I:Processing arguments.

mtd: successfully wrote block at c2a7800000000

I:Set boot command "boot-recovery"

I:Checking arguments.

I:device_recovery_start()

Command: "/sbin/recovery"

ro.secure=0

ro.allow.mock.location=0

ro.debuggable=1

persist.service.adb.enable=1

ro.modversion=clockwork-3.0.2.4-blade

ro.product.device=blade

ro.product.name=P729B

usb.default.pid=0x1354

ro.build.date=Fri Apr 1 08:07:25 PDT 2011

ro.build.date.utc=1301670445

ro.build.owner=sebastian404

ro.build.url=http://android.podtwo.com/

ro.factorytest=0

ro.serialno=

ro.bootmode=unknown

ro.baseband=unknown

ro.carrier=unknown

ro.bootloader=unknown

ro.hardware=bladeztehandset

ro.revision=0

ro.emmc=0

init.svc.usbconfig=stopped

init.svc.recovery=running

init.svc.adbd=running

I:Checking for extendedcommand...

I:Skipping execution of extendedcommand, file not found...

I:Set boot command ""

Partitioning SD Card... please wait...

sh: sdparted: Permission denied

An error occured while partitioning your SD Card. Please see /tmp/recovery.log for more details.

Guest robert1968

Hi,

I update 3.0.1.4 to new 3.0.2.4 And it is working.

But two important function not working

1. no ADB shell. (No such device.)

2. No mount usb drive. (Unable to open ums lunfile)

Can anyone tell me why Im only faced with this?

Regards,

Robert

This is in the log:

Starting recovery on Thu Apr 7 16:55:43 2011

framebuffer: fd 4 (480 x 800)

ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.2.4

recovery filesystem table

=========================

0 /tmp ramdisk (null) (null)

1 /recovery mtd recovery (null)

2 /boot mtd boot (null)

3 /misc mtd misc (null)

4 /cache yaffs2 cache (null)

5 /system yaffs2 system (null)

6 /data yaffs2 userdata (null)

7 /sdcard vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /dev/block/mmcblk0

8 /sd-ext auto /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 (null)

I:Completed outputting fstab.

I:Processing arguments.

Fixing execute permissions for /cache

I:Set boot command "boot-recovery"

I:Checking arguments.

I:device_recovery_start()

Command: "/sbin/recovery"

ro.secure=0

ro.allow.mock.location=0

ro.debuggable=1

persist.service.adb.enable=1

ro.modversion=clockwork-3.0.2.4-blade

ro.product.device=blade

ro.product.name=P729B

usb.default.pid=0x1354

ro.build.date=Fri Apr 1 08:07:25 PDT 2011

ro.build.date.utc=1301670445

ro.build.owner=sebastian404

ro.build.url=http://android.podtwo.com/

ro.factorytest=0

ro.serialno=

ro.bootmode=unknown

ro.baseband=unknown

ro.carrier=unknown

ro.bootloader=unknown

ro.hardware=bladeztehandset

ro.revision=0

ro.emmc=0

init.svc.usbconfig=stopped

init.svc.recovery=running

init.svc.adbd=running

I:Checking for extendedcommand...

I:Skipping execution of extendedcommand, file not found...

E:Unable to open ums lunfile (No such file or directory)mtd: successfully wrote block at c2a7800000000

Edited by robert1968

Guest Sebastian404
Hi,

I update 3.0.1.4 to new 3.0.2.4 And it is working.

But two important function not working

1. no ADB shell. (No such device.)

2. No mount usb drive. (Unable to open ums lunfile)

Can anyone tell me why Im only faced with this?

Regards,

Robert

Did you look in the known issues list? it even tells you how to fix that...,

Guest John Thompson
Did you look in the known issues list? it even tells you how to fix that...,

I also installed the 3.0.2.4. And I have also

1. No mount usb drive. (Unable to open ums lunfile).

2 Not work SD partitioning.

I put back to 3.0.1.4?

Then why is left 3.0.2.4 if it does not work!? What is this version of the curve? :D

Guest Coyote74

Hi, i have the same problem as other users. The Blade is a Gen1 amoled by Bouygues Telecom France, with Android 2.1. The problem is that i can't install clockwork on it. The phone is rooted and recovery Manager seems to work propertly. But... when i try to install recovery clockwork (i tried every img version), it installs but from recovery manager don't appear the clockwork version installed, but il shows "currently installed recovery is unrecognised" and the phone don't go in recovery mode.

Reading here seems that recovery manager needs to make a database update to recognise clockwork versions, but the stupid question is... have i need a data connection (wifi or G3) activated to perform database update?

Edited by Coyote74

Guest Coyote74
Hi, i have the same problem as other users. The Blade is a Gen1 amoled by Bouygues Telecom France, with Android 2.1. The problem is that i can't install clockwork on it. The phone is rooted and recovery Manager seems to work propertly. But... when i try to install recovery clockwork (i tried every img version), it installs but from recovery manager don't appear the clockwork version installed, but il shows "currently installed recovery is unrecognised" and the phone don't go in recovery mode.

Reading here seems that recovery manager needs to make a database update to recognise clockwork versions, but the stupid question is... have i need a data connection (wifi or G3) activated to perform database update?

Solved... the problem was that the recovery clockwork image was in a subfolder and not in the root.

Guest smsmasters.co.uk

I can't mount my sd card via usb...only mounts after rebooting recovery as started in the first post of this topic

Also, partition sd card just gives me an error...

EDIT: 3.0.1.4 works fine.

Edited by smsmasters.co.uk

Guest Sebastian404

I put back to 3.0.1.4?

Then why is left 3.0.2.4 if it does not work!? What is this version of the curve? :)

Did you look in the known issues list? it even tells you how to fix that...

Guest Sebastian404
Solved... the problem was that the recovery clockwork image was in a subfolder and not in the root.

Did the subfolder have a space in it's name by any chance??

Guest Sebastian404
I can't mount my sd card via usb...only mounts after rebooting recovery as started in the first post of this topic

Also, partition sd card just gives me an error...

EDIT: 3.0.1.4 works fine.

The new 2.2 kernel is some what 'experimental' but I think I've got those issues resolved, the next version of clockwork will hopefully fix them.

Guest danmanbad

hi thanks you for all your great work please can you help me i would like to know what all of the options in clockwork meen all of them im a noob to all this phone modding and im a little lost on how to use clockwork properly if you can and have time can i have a guide as detailed as posible or if there is a guide please point me the wright direction i have searched for one but could not find im proberbly looking in the wronge place thanks for your time and responce

EDIT i found a guide explaning clcockwork mod ( http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/what-i...complete-guide/ ) but i want to know witch format options i can use safly to do a good and clean wipe befor installing a rom plus when is it a good idea to use the fix permitions

Edited by danmanbad

Guest hugo.router

Hi everyone. Please help/advise.

I love my zte blade, but hate the orange factory rom. I've been reading and planning my route to a happier blade vi MoCaDo and have recently started the processes neatly described here on this site to install a ROM or two. But i've been having problems and have to now ask for your help.

I have unlocked the phone to use with my SIM and established that I have a gen1 TFT model via Mr Pigfish. All very good. Following this I have followed Steven.H's "How to Install a Custom ROM on the ZTE Blade" post. It is here that I have come into problems.

I have rooted the phone using UniversalAndroot v1.6.1 and installed the ZTE-Blade Recovery Manager 0.34b. However, can't get clockwork to install (either v3.0.1.4 or v3.0.2.4) from the Recovery Manager.

I experimented with the recovery installed on the phone but a reboot with vol down set the phone to fastboot mode, as does the vol up on reboot. Thus I tried a fastboot install of clockwork which seemed to work, but I still can't get the phone to boot to a recovery [power on vol down] and similarly recovery manager will not boot to a recovery partition.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Do I need to wipe the phone [factory reset] first, and what is the best way of doing this? I'm assuming that the Total Phone Transfer will work, but I'm a bit reluctant to do this as I need the phone to be operable.

Thanks. Apologies if this is the wrong place to post to.

Guest richardw1992

Is it possible to install the new clockwork by selecting the "install zip from sd card" method through a previous version of clockwork. Or does it mess it up by trying to replace the program whilst it is being used to install the newer version... if that makes sense.

Cheers guys!

Guest unrandomsam

I put back to 3.0.1.4?

Then why is left 3.0.2.4 if it does not work!? What is this version of the curve? :)

It does work. If you boot into recovery not from a cold boot then you need to do

advanced -> reboot -> recovery

to get usb working.