[RECOVERY] : ClockworkMod Recovery for ZTE Blade [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest hugo.router
Hi everyone. Please help/advise.

I love my zte blade, but hate the orange factory rom. I've been reading and planning my route to a happier blade vi MoCaDo and have recently started the processes neatly described here on this site to install a ROM or two. But i've been having problems and have to now ask for your help.

I have unlocked the phone to use with my SIM and established that I have a gen1 TFT model via Mr Pigfish. All very good. Following this I have followed Steven.H's "How to Install a Custom ROM on the ZTE Blade" post. It is here that I have come into problems.

I have rooted the phone using UniversalAndroot v1.6.1 and installed the ZTE-Blade Recovery Manager 0.34b. However, can't get clockwork to install (either v3.0.1.4 or v3.0.2.4) from the Recovery Manager.

I experimented with the recovery installed on the phone but a reboot with vol down set the phone to fastboot mode, as does the vol up on reboot. Thus I tried a fastboot install of clockwork which seemed to work, but I still can't get the phone to boot to a recovery [power on vol down] and similarly recovery manager will not boot to a recovery partition.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Do I need to wipe the phone [factory reset] first, and what is the best way of doing this? I'm assuming that the Total Phone Transfer will work, but I'm a bit reluctant to do this as I need the phone to be operable.

Thanks. Apologies if this is the wrong place to post to.

Follow up on this post.

I posted the same request elsewhere

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...de-help-sought/

and found another very effective solution thanks to the respondents there.

--H

Guest kallt_kaffe

Hi Sebastian,

you can make "universal" .zip for Gen1/Gen2 phones easily, or at least put in a check to make sure it does not install on the wrong type of phone.

Just make the edify script look something likes this:

package_extract_file("checksys.sh","/tmp/checksys.sh");
set_perm(0,0,755,"/tmp/checksys.sh");
run_program("/tmp/checksys.sh");

if file_getprop("/tmp/nfo.prop","ramconsole") == "9"
then
#Gen1
do gen1 stuff...
else
#Gen2
do gen2 stuff...
endif;
delete("/tmp/checksys.sh", "/tmp/nfo.prop");[/code] and checksys.sh looks like this:
[code]#!/sbin/sh
ramconsole=`cat /proc/iomem | grep ram_console | awk '{print(substr($0,3,1))}'`
echo "ramconsole=$ramconsole" > /tmp/nfo.prop;

Not sure if the same can be done in amend script (I noticed that you have both) but is both amend and edify scripts needed?

Guest Sebastian404
you can make "universal" .zip for Gen1/Gen2 phones easily, or at least put in a check to make sure it does not install on the wrong type of phone.

I was thinking about that, but I guess the problem is I'd still have to have a gen1/gen2 img file those people who have not flashed either yet....

Not sure if the same can be done in amend script (I noticed that you have both) but is both amend and edify scripts needed?

That is also the other issue I was still thinking about, I do keep both for backwards compatiblity, I've had a number of people still running Pauls 2.5.0.9 wanting to update. The problem is there are a lot of guides people have written 6 months ago and have never been updated, people are still installing superboot on the device too....

So yes, I'm still ruminating on how to do it :)

Guest danmanbad

Hi all

i have one quick question cuz i cant find an anwser

if you format the /system can i just flash a rom after the format and everything will work ok or do i have to do something befor flashing the rom again because i want to make shore that any problems i have with roms are rom issues and not any bits of data left over from the last rom

thanks for any help that any one can give

Guest XpressAndy

SD Partition is not working for me. I have the latest 3.0.2.4 clockworkmod installed on my Gen1 TFT OSF.

It gives me error "check tmp/recovery.log file". I couldn't find such a file with astro file manager!

I chose following settings while partitioning.

ext - 512mb

swap - 0mb

Please help :)

Edited by XpressAndy

Guest Sebastian404
SD Partition is not working for me. I have the latest 3.0.2.4 clockworkmod installed on my Gen1 TFT OSF.

It gives me error "check tmp/recovery.log file". I couldn't find such a file with astro file manager!

I chose following settings while partitioning.

ext - 512mb

swap - 0mb

try it again, and then do a 'Advanced -> Report Error' the file will then be on your SD card.

Guest San-A

I've been unsuccessfully trying to update to 3.0.2.4 G1 through CWM recovery 3.0.1.4 (update.zip method on TFT OSF Gen1).

Install went just fine, but I couldn't get back to recovery any more: Vol - when booting was not working any more, phone stuck on the green droid, I had to remove battery to reboot. I therefore reverted to 3.0.1.4, which is perfectly working.

Anyone with the same issue? Any solution or workaround to this?

Thx!

Guest KasioPC

Just tried flashing 3.0.2.4 onto a new Gen2 through old clockwork 3.0.1.4, and when i boot into it, it's all weird with graphic corruptions, and i can't do anything with it.

Guest okornel

Hi. Just bought a new Orange SF. I've upgraded it to Swedish spring (android 2.2).. when trying to install CM7 stable - it stops at the green android loading (boot) and doesn't do anything, doesn't matter how long I wait. Any ideas? Thanks. P.S. It was GEN1 and I've upgraded it to GEN2. btw, it's a TFT display. I tried to flash it using ClockworkMod Recovery 3.0.2.4.

Edited by okornel

Guest targetbsp
update: Now I've installed a nightly CM7 build (cm_blade_full-41.zip) - and it works. Why doen's the stable work? Thanks.

Because stable is a gen1 rom.

Guest okornel

OMG. RLY?! I've upgraded it specially to gen2 for stable(((( is there a way to install the stable on the gen2, or to go back to gen1? :)(((((((

Guest bigup

hi guys

i currently have ClockworkMod 2.5.1.3 installed and would like to update it to the latest version.

it says i need to sue the update.zip but when i download 3.0.2.4 there is no update.zip, just a .img file

so what do i need to do?

Thanks!

Guest okornel
hi guys

i currently have ClockworkMod 2.5.1.3 installed and would like to update it to the latest version.

it says i need to sue the update.zip but when i download 3.0.2.4 there is no update.zip, just a .img file

so what do i need to do?

Thanks!

You have to update it using RecoveryManager or ROM Manager... or the terminal.

Guest PeteBest
Just tried flashing 3.0.2.4 onto a new Gen2 through old clockwork 3.0.1.4, and when i boot into it, it's all weird with graphic corruptions, and i can't do anything with it.

Got the same problem, did you manage to fix it?

/edit don't worry got it sorted. Just ran KKs OneClickRecovery and I've now got the fully functional 3.0.14 back again

Edited by PeteBest

Guest XpressAndy
try it again, and then do a 'Advanced -> Report Error' the file will then be on your SD card.

I'm running RLS4 Respin phat version from LanceH.

I chose the following settings while partitioning.

ext - 512mb

swap - 0mb

Here's the recovery.log file contents:

Starting recovery on Sat Apr 23 09:55:01 2011

framebuffer: fd 4 (480 x 800)

ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.2.4

recovery filesystem table

=========================

0 /tmp ramdisk (null) (null)

1 /recovery mtd recovery (null)

2 /boot mtd boot (null)

3 /misc mtd misc (null)

4 /cache yaffs2 cache (null)

5 /system yaffs2 system (null)

6 /data yaffs2 userdata (null)

7 /sdcard vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /dev/block/mmcblk0

8 /sd-ext auto /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 (null)

I:Completed outputting fstab.

I:Processing arguments.

Fixing execute permissions for /cache

mtd: successfully wrote block at c2a7800000000

I:Set boot command "boot-recovery"

I:Checking arguments.

I:device_recovery_start()

Command: "/sbin/recovery"

ro.secure=0

ro.allow.mock.location=0

ro.debuggable=1

persist.service.adb.enable=1

ro.modversion=clockwork-3.0.2.4-blade

ro.product.device=blade

ro.product.name=P729B

usb.default.pid=0x1354

ro.build.date=Fri Apr 1 08:07:25 PDT 2011

ro.build.date.utc=1301670445

ro.build.owner=sebastian404

ro.build.url=http://android.podtwo.com/

ro.factorytest=0

ro.serialno=

ro.bootmode=unknown

ro.baseband=unknown

ro.carrier=unknown

ro.bootloader=unknown

ro.hardware=bladeztehandset

ro.revision=0

ro.emmc=0

init.svc.usbconfig=stopped

init.svc.recovery=running

init.svc.adbd=running

I:Checking for extendedcommand...

I:Skipping execution of extendedcommand, file not found...

mtd: successfully wrote block at c2a7800000000

I:Set boot command ""

Partitioning SD Card... please wait...

sh: sdparted: Permission denied

An error occured while partitioning your SD Card. Please see /tmp/recovery.log for more details.

Guest TheQuest

Hi DroidXPlaya

Hello,

the Download for the recovery-clockwork-3.0.2.4-blade-g1.img don't work :-(

There can I find it?

That link is working, when you select [click] on the link >recovery-clockwork-3.0.2.4-blade-g1.img it takes you to >Android Stuff when there you have to select [click] >CUSTOM RECOVERY for the Orange San Francisco / ZTE Blade handset which will open the >Android Recovery page.

Take Care

TheQuest :)

Edited by TheQuest

Guest nick_sub

Having some real troubles trying to upgrade this. Tried to install this using Recovery Manager, but Recovery Manager crashes when I try to load it so tried the fastboot method nut I get an error saying

sending 'recovry' (3806 KB)... OKAY

writing 'recovry'... FAILED (remote: unknown partition name)

Does this refer to the SD partition or the phone? I have been trying to repartition the SD card but I would have thought this would be flashed direct to the phone.

Really grateful for any help.

Edit: Phew, problem sorted. I was able to use ROM manager to install an older version of clockwork recovery which worked. From that I could upgrade to the latest version using the zip.

Edited by nick_sub

Guest isambard

i actually just got this too. very strange. i get something like this.

IMAG0176.jpg

the downside with Gen2 is if i mess up my system partition now, i have no TPT to fall back on.

Edited by isambard

Guest ThermalDroid
I've been unsuccessfully trying to update to 3.0.2.4 G1 through CWM recovery 3.0.1.4 (update.zip method on TFT OSF Gen1).

Install went just fine, but I couldn't get back to recovery any more: Vol - when booting was not working any more, phone stuck on the green droid, I had to remove battery to reboot. I therefore reverted to 3.0.1.4, which is perfectly working.

Anyone with the same issue? Any solution or workaround to this?

Thx!

same D:

Guest mon3em

hello ,

i've updat to 3.0.2.4 recovery doesn't work any more .. tried to return to 3.0.1.4 and get same thing just the green android.

i've flashed it again by fastboot and same thing .. now i lost my recovery .. any ideas??????????

i'm on G1.

Update..

Flashed 3.0.1.4 by fastboot n now recovery work

what's wrong with the update ???????

Edited by mon3em