[RECOVERY] : ClockworkMod Recovery for ZTE Blade [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest shah_ram

thanks alot for your post,

but when i Replace the battery and turn the device on holding the 'volume up' key. The device DO NOT stay at the 'green android' screen!!!!!!!!!!!! :) what should i do?

I rooted my device with uroot application

Guest Farkaspók

ROM Manager offers me to install recovery 3.0.2.6 and 3.0.2.7, and i installed them (GEN2), they works fine. Where can i find changelog?

Edited by Farkaspók

Guest KACE_231
Yes, its actually recommended

So I wont delete anything that is crucial to running the phone, which is not provided by any ROM.zips when I flash them

Guest Michealtbh
So I wont delete anything that is crucial to running the phone, which is not provided by any ROM.zips when I flash them

No, as long as you're flashing a rom after you'll be fine

Guest KACE_231

BTW, clockwork 3.0.2.7 doesnt seem to work on my GEN1 blade with CM7-n54 (+kernel conversion). I reboot into recovery, the green man starts, then the screen goes blank, and then the green man reappears and CM7 loads. I flashed the new clockwork via ROM Manager

Guest bisato

I made the same "mistake" on my Gen1. (CWM 3.0.2.7)

But it is booting into CM7 if I do nothing while turning on.

How have you guys recovered?

With Rom Manager or via ADB?

And which version?

Guest lordofangels

Clockwork 3.0.2.7 is for Gen2 only

To reflash a Gen1 version of clockwork, use adb or Terminal Emulator

Edited by lordofangels

Guest psycho84

Is there a clockwork recovery that works with phones that are converted from Gen1 to Gen2? I tried all of those that are given for gen2 and recovery manager app still shows Unrecognized recovery?

Guest Biscuitman
I made the same "mistake" on my Gen1. (CWM 3.0.2.7)

But it is booting into CM7 if I do nothing while turning on.

How have you guys recovered?

With Rom Manager or via ADB?

And which version?

After much abortive attempts using Terminal emulator, I was pointed to ROM Manager itself. If you scroll to the bottom of the app it gives you the option to flash older versions of clockwork - use that and you're back in business!

Guest bisato
After much abortive attempts using Terminal emulator, I was pointed to ROM Manager itself. If you scroll to the bottom of the app it gives you the option to flash older versions of clockwork - use that and you're back in business!

Thank you.

Made my day.

It ran with your method...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DaneelS

I have RA 2.0.0 installed, and every time I try to update to a newer version of RA or clockwork, it gives me a verification failed error. Can I not update the recovery image this way or am I doing something wrong?

Guest DaneelS

I used the recovery manager to install the lastest clockwork. Still not sure why I couldn't do it the other way but it's done now.

Guest irishpancake

How come GEN1 users were not warned before installing latest recovery 3.0.2.7 :mellow:

Really annoyed, as when I attempt to use the method above I get this:

No legacy recoveries found

Where to get a GEN1 recovery, for ROM Manager........

or should I ditch this in favour of Seb's Recovery Manager??

Edit:

From within RM, I have Flashed Recovery, d/l latest Recovery for ZTE Blade, and allowed update.......

Then I discovered, under All CWMR's the available recoveries, from 3.0.0.6/3.0.1.4/3.0.2.6.

This has allowed me to downgrade the recovery on my Gen1 Blade to 3.0.1.4, which is safe for GEN1, am I correct???

However, RM continues to offer to update recovery without warning re GEN1/GEN2......not good for noobs, like me :o

Edited by irishpancake

Guest Enz

Just a question: If I backup the firmware with Recovery, I will backup everything? Ex: want to put the same I have on phone A to phone B including apps, settings and so on. Is that possible?

Guest Skip Tracer
How come GEN1 users were not warned before installing latest recovery 3.0.2.7 :mellow:

Really annoyed, as when I attempt to use the method above I get this:

Where to get a GEN1 recovery, for ROM Manager........

or should I ditch this in favour of Seb's Recovery Manager??

Edit:

From within RM, I have Flashed Recovery, d/l latest Recovery for ZTE Blade, and allowed update.......

Then I discovered, under All CWMR's the available recoveries, from 3.0.0.6/3.0.1.4/3.0.2.6.

This has allowed me to downgrade the recovery on my Gen1 Blade to 3.0.1.4, which is safe for GEN1, am I correct???

However, RM continues to offer to update recovery without warning re GEN1/GEN2......not good for noobs, like me :o

I agree with you here.

Just spent an hour restoring the RM update 3.0.2.7 back to 3.0.1.4

I got the same as you “No legacy recoveries found” however I found if you go into Applications from the main menu and select RM and trash the cache the old updates reappear.

Guest irishpancake
I agree with you here.

Just spent an hour restoring the RM update 3.0.2.7 back to 3.0.1.4

I got the same as you “No legacy recoveries found” however I found if you go into Applications from the main menu and select RM and trash the cache the old updates reappear.

Thanx for that, much quicker than my way, but this also brings up that infernal update notification, without warning......grrrrrrrr :mellow:

Guest Sebastian404
Just installed 3.0.2.8 for a Gen1 phone. Works fine, but recovery manager says the version is unrecognised.

have you done an 'update database'?

Guest Charlie3999

Everytime I try and run it for cmd it opens like it wants to burn a disk. what am I doing wrong?

Edited by Charlie3999

Guest Ralph Martin
have you done an 'update database'?

Ah, that's cured it. I didn't think to look for menu items when there is screen sapace left unused! :P