[RECOVERY] : ClockworkMod Recovery for ZTE Blade [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Charlie3999

Ok guys I really need your help. I messed up flashing and because I did things in the wrong order. Here's what I did:-

1. I upgraded gen1 to gen 2

2. I then wiped data/factory reset without flashing clockworkmod recovery.

3. The phone then rebooted and stayed on the green man screen and thats it.

4. I managed to finally find a clockworkmod that would work v3.0.1.4 none of the others came on, it just stayed at the green man screen.

5. I try flashing and all it say's:-

Install from sd card

Finding update

opening update

E:Can't open/sdcard/update.zip

(no such file or directory)

Installation aborted.

I did another phone at christmas and that worked fine because I did it in the right order. But I do remember when I flashed the clockworkmod it was green and upsidedown, but I can't find one that does that now.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest unrandomsam
Please find attached *MY* build of the latest version of Koush's ClockworkMod Recovery for the ZTE-Blade. It is not officially supported by Koush, please do not bother him with support questions for this build.

I have tested it as much as I can, but I'm always open to any more constructive feedback. Please see one post down for a change log for THIS build. Koush seems not to publish a change log (unless you know of one).

To install:

• Recovery Manager
    • Download the img file to your SD card, and then you can use the
    Recovery Manager application to install your recovery.

• fastboot method
    • Unplug the USB cable, turn off your device and take out the battery
    • Replace the battery and turn the device on holding the 'volume up' key. The device will stay at the 'green android' screen.
    • Plug the device into the PC.
    • From a command prompt run 'fastboot flash recovery <filename>.img'
    • When this finishes, from the command prompt run 'fastboot reboot'

• update.zip method

Previous versions:

[*]Older versions of Clockwork recovery can be found here.

Official release

[*]The offical version of ClockworkMod Recovery if available for this device can be found here

Warning:

[*]Support for the old style update files that use the Amend scripting (update-script) method is no longer supported With ClockworkMod Recovery from v3 onwards, if you require support for the Amend scripting method, use v2.5.1.8.

Source

[*]The Device Config to build ClockworkMod Recovery as part of CyanogenMod can be found on my GitHub.

Kernel Information

[*]Information about the Kernel used in this ROM can be found on this thread.

Don't understand how you continually manage to break adb with these.

(especially as its so trivial to build from the CM7 sources with just lunch ; make recoveryimage).

Guest Sebastian404
Don't understand how you continually manage to break adb with these.

(especially as its so trivial to build from the CM7 sources with just lunch ; make recoveryimage).

Thanks for the constructive feedback

'continually' ? no-one has EVER mentioned problems with adb to me.

And as I've taken pains to point out, this is an 'UNOFFICIAL' build, if you don't like it use the official on, or build your own since it's so 'trivial'...

Guest Sebastian404
I see this is up to 3.1.0.1

3.2.0.0 is out now, I have build a version but I'm just testing it out, since I have a feeling its a 'test' build..

Guest jasonXXx
3.2.0.0 is out now, I have build a version but I'm just testing it out, since I have a feeling its a 'test' build..

Thanks.

Guest Ralph Martin

It would be nice if you could carry on updating the Change Log, like before. Thanks!

Guest hecatae

I built 3.2.0.0 about 5 days ago with cm7 sources, seems fine to me

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Blümchen Blau

Any experiences with 3.2.0.0?

@Sebastian: Is it stable after 3 weeks of testing? (Or should I use 3.1.0.1?)

And what about the 4.0.0.2-Version?

BB

(All my Blades are Gen1)

Edited by Blümchen Blau

• 3 weeks later...
Guest limawhiskey
anybody tested 4.0.0.5?

Yes. I haven't done much other than backup / restore / wipe but it works fine for me using a Gen 1 Blade.

Guest Richard_Arkless

i'm probably not looking in the right place, because i can't find the download link... help?

lol seriously you couldnt see that on the original post

Downloads:

The Latest version of Clockworkmod Recovery can found HERE
  • Older versions of Clockwork recovery can be found here.

Official release

• The offical version of ClockworkMod Recovery if available for this device can be found here
Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest solidchips

Hi

My phone model is ZTE T-U880 (Marvell CPU 806Mhz). I tired installing different versions of clockworkmod (GEN1/GEN2), upon booting into recovery the phone displays a blank screen. The only version working with it is clockwork 2.0.5.9 (modaco r2) which i found on some chinese site. I guess it's modified to support this model.

The problem with this version of recovery is that it fails to make "nandroid" backup saying "error while dumping boot image". Can you help me in running the latest version of clockwork on this device?

I'm attaching the recovery version (2.5.0.9) working on the device.

Thanks.

recovery.img

Guest dekocast

I have made several nandroid backups with different clockworkmod versions.

Is it possible to figure out, which version of clockworkmod was used in each case?

dekocast

Guest Yahonza

Hi

I downloaded the N140, but the ZTE Blade does not ges pass the little green man. I also tried to boot to recovery (power button plus vol -) for over 30 secs and still can't get into recovery.

Help please

Thank you

Guest solidchips

Hi

I downloaded the N140, but the ZTE Blade does not ges pass the little green man. I also tried to boot to recovery (power button plus vol -) for over 30 secs and still can't get into recovery.

Help please

Thank you

What's your phone model?

Hi

My phone model is ZTE T-U880 (Marvell CPU 806Mhz). I tired installing different versions of clockworkmod (GEN1/GEN2), upon booting into recovery the phone displays a blank screen. The only version working with it is clockwork 2.0.5.9 (modaco r2) which i found on some chinese site. I guess it's modified to support this model.

The problem with this version of recovery is that it fails to make "nandroid" backup saying "error while dumping boot image". Can you help me in running the latest version of clockwork on this device?

I'm attaching the recovery version (2.5.0.9) working on the device.

Thanks.

Try replacing the kernel zImage in a more recent clockworkmod with the one from your rom's boot.img & repacking it.