[RECOVERY] : ClockworkMod Recovery for ZTE Blade [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Phoenix Silver
How? I've done some experimenting with the kernel when I was bored trying to accomplish this. I managed to the the "ANDROID" logo to turn 180 degrees but never the menus inside Clockwork.

Do you have EXT3 support in the kernel. If not, I'd be happy to compile an EXT3 capable zImage that you could use.

yes he has uploaded a "experimental" 2.1.5.8 version (one or two pages back)

and works fine with my ext3 part

Guest kallt_kaffe

I should know better than asking without reading the whole thread... just flashed the version from the first post, it's going to take some time to get used to _not_ turning the phone upside down 10 times every day (yes I enter recovery often). :( Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest Phoenix Silver
I should know better than asking without reading the whole thread... just flashed the version from the first post, it's going to take some time to get used to _not_ turning the phone upside down 10 times every day (yes I enter recovery often). :(

me too lol i turn the phone without thinking (who say Pavlov ? ;) ;) )

Guest Sebastian404

So the general feedback was the experimental version worked ok with ext and all the other stuff you'd expect?

Guest 90180360

Thanks!

To install
  • Unplug the USB cable, turn off your device and take out the battery
  • Replace the battery and turn the device on holding the 'volume up' key. The device will stay at the 'green android' screen.
  • Plug the device into the PC.
  • From a command prompt run 'fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.8-blade.img'
  • When this finishes, from the command prompt run 'fastboot reboot'

To enter recovery mode, restart your device holding down the 'volume down' key, or type 'adb reboot recovery' from the command line.

recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.8-blade.zip - md5 : ff6de35bbe87352b6880d93ba1065445

For Windows noobs like me:

Make sure you install fastboot first.

You'll need to run 'fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.8-blade.img'

Guest Sebastian404

I started working on an APK that would install/update the recovery ROM with one touch.....

Then I started adding in more functionality, and suddenly I'd duplicated the work of Koush's ROMManager....

Anyway, if no-one has any negative feedback about the experimental build, I'll do a little change and promote it to stable....

Guest lordofangels
I started working on an APK that would install/update the recovery ROM with one touch.....

Then I started adding in more functionality, and suddenly I'd duplicated the work of Koush's ROMManager....

Anyway, if no-one has any negative feedback about the experimental build, I'll do a little change and promote it to stable....

Go for it Seb,

I'll test it out for you, thats if I win the prize :(

Guest jerryfmccarthy
you have won a prize.. you get to test this for me ;)

the usual applys, backup your stuff before you break it.. you should be able to write this over your old version of clockwork.... let me know how you get on :(

Also worked like a charm for me. Thanks! ;)

Guest ArXiLaMaS

Hey Sebastian404 can i ask you something ?

First of all i have a problem with clockwork. I have tried every version and both ways through fastboot and from a terminal on my phone. Everytime i try to boot on recovery mode i see the blue android and then the phone restarts and it goes on a loop.

I did the hungarian update and the problem remains :(

A guy on another topic said about maybe bad sectors on recovery partition. I guess it's possible but we can do something about that?

And finally is there any chance that you have

a version of your de-orangenated 2.1 available for download that can be installed via fastboot or like the hungarian update from the SD card?

Edited by ArXiLaMaS

Guest isambard

Can you make the android turn cyan as with the other builds? It's quite useful to see when clockwork has 'taken' so you can let go of the down key and indicates you're going into recovery mode. Thanks.

I have a slight issue with this clockwork image, I am hoping someone can help with.

I can install the clockwork image successfully (all sebastians versions in this thread), but when I install sebastian's r7 lite image I return to clockwork even on a normal boot. I cant get r7 to start. I found sebastian's r8 on XDA and tried that. It installed no probs using clockwork and booted as expected but I was unable to access clockwork. Instead [power on+volume down] took me to FTM. I am confused.

I am sure, as noone else appears to have had this issue. that I have done something stupid. I would be grateful if someone would put me out of my misery...

koush seems not to publish a change log (unless you know of one).

Change log? Link

PS. 3.0.0.4 is out. I don't know if there are any major differences to 2.x.x.x, probably just that it is based on gingerbreads recovery.

PPS. I haven't read any of this thread, so sorry if I'm repeat stuff thats already been mentioned.

Guest jt_mcg
I have a slight issue with this clockwork image, I am hoping someone can help with.

I can install the clockwork image successfully (all sebastians versions in this thread), but when I install sebastian's r7 lite image I return to clockwork even on a normal boot. I cant get r7 to start. I found sebastian's r8 on XDA and tried that. It installed no probs using clockwork and booted as expected but I was unable to access clockwork. Instead [power on+volume down] took me to FTM. I am confused.

I am sure, as noone else appears to have had this issue. that I have done something stupid. I would be grateful if someone would put me out of my misery...

I'm not sure what you've done.

I believe FTM is the stock recovery, did you possibly somehow download the stock recovery and flash that with fastboot?

You could try to reflash clockwork again, it shouldn't affect your running r8.

I'm not sure what you've done.

I believe FTM is the stock recovery, did you possibly somehow download the stock recovery and flash that with fastboot?

You could try to reflash clockwork again, it shouldn't affect your running r8.

Thanks for answering.

I mistakenly tries to install pauls superboot image. Realisng later it was ot for my phone....yes I know! But I was under the impression that these other roms and images would overwrite it anyway.

I dont know what I have done, but I have tried reflashing sebastian's clockwork image to the phone. It all works except r7 (md5 verified) will not boot after a successful install, it just retruns to clockwork recovery every time. When I install r8 it installs fine and reboots normally except I cant access clockwork recovery again. I have tried doing a factory reset before installing roms aswell.

The only way to install a rom for me is to flash clockwork every time!

I am sure I must be missing something simple. Whats the best way to ensure the phone is in the expected state for these installs. AM I missing something there? The phone has no data I need to keep.

edit--Looked around and ran 'fastboot erase system' - then reinstalled clockwork. it is now accessible as expected via the down key after a successful install of r8.

Thanks

Edited by xmon

Guest Sebastian404
Can you make the android turn cyan as with the other builds? It's quite useful to see when clockwork has 'taken' so you can let go of the down key and indicates you're going into recovery mode. Thanks.

Erm, your talking about the android logo that you get on boot, that is not in clockworkmod recovery, and the fact its turning cyan is down to the fact you have a TFT device and your running a OLED kernel on it..

Guest Sebastian404
Change log? Link

PS. 3.0.0.4 is out. I don't know if there are any major differences to 2.x.x.x, probably just that it is based on gingerbreads recovery.

PPS. I haven't read any of this thread, so sorry if I'm repeat stuff thats already been mentioned.

I had spotted 3.0.0.X but since it is based on gingerbread, drops support for the older update-script format, adds support for EXT4 (that we wont use till someone ports Gingerbread)... I was not really sure about going down that route of causing even more problems for myself.

Guest whatsupduck

Hi,just wondering what i need to install this i have windows xp and there is something mentioned about fastboot and needing to download could anyone link me please I am trying to debrand my orange SF with r8 asap and i am a noob 1st android phone

thanks for any help in advance

Edited by whatsupduck

Guest t0mm13b

There seems to be a restriction on the Clockwork recovery version -

I do know and can confirm, that the SDCard has plenty of directories (14 in fact) and a zip file, the trouble is, I cannot see the other zips that I can confirm that I downloaded onto /sdcard (took the sd card out and stuck into an adapter and put it on to a card reader and is there)...

can anyone else confirm this.... is it a restriction on the number of files/directories shown on just one page....???? :unsure:

Guest Sebastian404
There seems to be a restriction on the Clockwork recovery version -

I do know and can confirm, that the SDCard has plenty of directories (14 in fact) and a zip file, the trouble is, I cannot see the other zips that I can confirm that I downloaded onto /sdcard (took the sd card out and stuck into an adapter and put it on to a card reader and is there)...

can anyone else confirm this.... is it a restriction on the number of files/directories shown on just one page....???? :unsure:

well I'm not going to test it, it had a very simple user interface, I'm not surprised it wont scroll up/down more than 1 screens worth at one time...

you could raise it as a feature you'd like to see added, but don't be surprised to be told to 'fix it yourself'

Guest fonix232
Erm, your talking about the android logo that you get on boot, that is not in clockworkmod recovery, and the fact its turning cyan is down to the fact you have a TFT device and your running a OLED kernel on it..

Doesn't the recovery has it's own kernel? Because if you use a clockworkmod what is built upon an OLED boot.img/recovery.img, the colors turn (and it is a good way to determine if you are launching recovery or not).

But, if the recovery has it's own kernel part, then if you add splash.bmp, with a cyan android, it should load that image instead of the stock kernel's splash, and such, will show a cyan android B)

/* If fastboot modding would be possible too, then we could add a red android splash to it for total differencing :unsure: */

Guest Sebastian404
Doesn't the recovery has it's own kernel? Because if you use a clockworkmod what is built upon an OLED boot.img/recovery.img, the colors turn (and it is a good way to determine if you are launching recovery or not).

But, if the recovery has it's own kernel part, then if you add splash.bmp, with a cyan android, it should load that image instead of the stock kernel's splash, and such, will show a cyan android B)

/* If fastboot modding would be possible too, then we could add a red android splash to it for total differencing :unsure: */

well we could have anything we want, but the time it's on screen.. its not worth bothering... the android your mostly seeing is the one from the splash partition.