[NEWS]Gingerbread comes.

Guest roggin

as always great work guys!!!

just a question....there will be the hope to get this rom officially supported by Cyanogen (like the devices in the cyanogenmod site)?

Hi wytek,

Yes, I hope so, we'll do our best. :(

Thanks.

Guest Andrea1Liquid
Hi bais,

working: 3G, WIFI seems easily to fix(module load successfully, but can't scan, should be user land problem. BTW, tether works), audio

not working: all sensors, GPS, camera, 3D seems works but lack some functions.

Thanks.

moreover, screen has serious problems in localizing the fingers...

What do you mean? Can you be a little more specific?

Hi Morris Lee,

Ok, It's about touch screen mapping, the situation is like that touch screen not calibrated. :(

Thanks.

Guest Morris Lee
Hi Morris Lee,

Ok, It's about touch screen mapping, the situation is like that touch screen not calibrated. ;)

Thanks.

Ohh, that is too bad, can you fix it? :(

Guest vanisleguy1976
Hi Morris Lee,

Ok, It's about touch screen mapping, the situation is like that touch screen not calibrated. ;)

Thanks.

Ohh, that is too bad, can you fix it? :(

Can keyboard calibration be as simple as running com.htc.clicker.Clicker? Perhaps a silly question ;)

Guest Andrea1Liquid

I would like to thank MrNameless for his help on fixing the graphics issues :( Roggin recompiled with the patch: a lot smoother.

P.S.: 127 mb of free RAM with Gingerbread: better than froyo!

Edited by Andrea1Liquid

Guest Thmz159
I would like to thank MrNameless for his help on fixing the graphics issues :( Roggin recompiled with the fix: a lot smoother.

P.S.: 127 mb of free RAM with Gingerbread: better than froyo!

Liquid A1 256 mb RAM O,o? or 512 RAM?

When you say all sensors not working you mean Prox and Light or also the G-Sensor?

Wifi almost working is great news, with that and if you fix the TouchScreen it could already be usable :(

Guest Andrea1Liquid

Thmz159: I have a Liquid with 256 mb of RAM ;)

bais: the patch was for the graphics issues that made the ROM very slooow. Wifi is still broken and I know why. Bad news guys...

The patch makes the system use RGB565 surfaces instead of the default ones in gingerbread because there are still userland driver to be released for that. I had a chat with a N1 dev (MrNameless) who told me about the patch. He also said that he had not to edit the other drivers because he has a N1 and his device tree is included in the sources. So I think that Google changed the way that wifi, touchscreen and maybe sensor (I mean all sensors) userland drivers work. In poor words: we need new userland drivers or some patches to use the old ones. I contacted the dev of the Increbile's Gingerbread ROM (like koudelka suggested) too and he confirmed those changes that has to be made to fix the missing hw. Unfortunately he's not at home and he can't explain me how to fix the remaining hw right now.

Google, Google :(

Guest Andrea1Liquid

Guys, maybe I didn't notice it in froyo, but if you try to pinch-to-zoom on a "pile" of photos in the gallery they will get out and line up. Cool :(

Edit: camera is working, but we need codecs because otherwise it will force close. Btw, all codecs are broken on the ROM ;)

Edited by Andrea1Liquid

Guest Thmz159

So 120 mb RAM free with Gingerbread on A1 256?! THATS AWESOME! I only have 60-70 mb free on Froyo and running a game I'm getting low RAM but 120 MB would be very very very good!

Unfortunately it wont be released tomorrow :( I go on vacation Sunday and having Gingerbread would be awesome but you guys are doing a great job!

Guest Andrea1Liquid
So, if kernel is the same, what are the new features?

thanks to roggin

The new features are in the operating system (Android 2.3 in this case). The kernel is like the foundations of a house: your house would never exist without them, but you can destroy your house without changing them and have a completely new and fashion house ;)

Btw, not to be rude but, roggin did a very very very good job but, I worked too with him... Andrea1Liquid :(

Edited by Andrea1Liquid

Hope we'll have something by the end of the year.

Even though chances are not so high thanks to Google xD

Great job anyway, and by the sound of it GB is definitely better optimized, I mean 120MB of free RAM on Liquid is a great improvement. Just a question Andrea, does it run better than Froyo, in term of speed?