[NEWS]Gingerbread comes.

Guest roggin

Guys last boot from Koud does not work with app2sd. Unluckly we have a big bug in vold (sd mount manager), so we can't use it like others phones do. To run it we need for a little hack and a new way to start sysinit from init.rc. Tomorrow i'll ask to roggin and koud, if they agree we could release a new version (CM Gingerbread 2.3.2), with everything you need! Last cm is ready, just some little fix are missing. Maybe this weekend we will have new CM :lol:

Thanks

good news... thank you so much for your great work....

Guest Andy__P

Any news on the remaining not-working/FCing apps like snesoid, navigon, etc.?

Also thanks koud for the patch. Battery is f***ing amazing now: i'm at 30% after 3d 7h

Awesome work everyone!

Guest gst0098

Hi to all,

After two day of usage without any big problem I rebooted the system, whe the phone rebooted the cross on the mobile network icon told me something was wrong. In fact the phone did not even ask me for the pin. The strange thing is that the airplane icon appeared after some reboots but the there wasn't any checkmark on the mobile configuration window and i was not able to check it in any way.

I did a restore of a previously nandroid backup of the original froyo rom and now the phone is working correctly.

Is there a solution for this ?

Meantime I'm going back to t&l.

Thanks to all.

Guest nosenose123123
Any news on the remaining not-working/FCing apps like snesoid, navigon, etc.?

Also thanks koud for the patch. Battery is f***ing amazing now: i'm at 30% after 3d 7h

Awesome work everyone!

WTF?!?

If so, this ROM is going to be amazing.

[ESPAÑOL]

VIva la Ñ

[/ESPAÑOL]

Guest bellanano

Some problems with graphic driver, games are laggy, for example Rocket Bunnies, with LCR 2.0 was very fast, with CM7 is unplayable. Oc enabled up to 998 MHz

Edited by bellanano

To solve laggy 3D games issue, disable interactive governor in SetCPU EVERY TIME YOU REBOOT (sorry for the caps but it's important)

To do this, open SetCPU and change interactive to ondemand

To solve laggy 3D games issue, disable interactive governor in SetCPU EVERY TIME YOU REBOOT (sorry for the caps but it's important)

To do this, open SetCPU and change interactive to ondemand

"set on boot" doesnt help anymore?

Guest fear_factory84

Interactive governor is selected as default on kernel build as I know, so maybe on the next release is better to stick with ondemand governor as default (leaving choice to use interactive with setcpu).

Good job devs, I'll try the next release when it will be done, for now I'll stick on lcr-f...

Guest 1r0nm4n

Hi to all!! (Is my first post here :lol:)

I notice to you all that i've fixed (in my own way) the "blank SD" problem, the mount of ext2 partition for App2sd and the "USB archive mount" whithout having make to much tweaks.

I've "modded" the init.rc in the boot.img, to load a bash script that mount correctly the partitions and reload vold!!

init.rc modifies:

in the "## Daemon processes to be run by init." section i've added

service init /system/bin/sh /sbin/autorun.sh

user root

group root

oneshot
that run a script contained in the ramdisk named /sbin/autorun.sh NOTE: This file is not modifiable because is in the ramdisk!! autorun.sh (really complex file XD ):
#by 1r0nm4n - execute a boot script

/system/bin/sh /system/sbin/fixUI_once.sh
that run another script (that is modifiable with a simple remount) named fixUI_once.sh (don't look the strange filename :)) fixUI_once.sh:
#!/system/bin/sh

#TUTTO QUELLO CHE VIENE SCRITTO DENTRO QUESTO FILE VIENE ESEGUITO AD OGNI AVVIO

#BY 1R0NM4N

if [ -e /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 ]; then

busybox mount -t vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/sdcard;

#sfrutto il montaggio come fosse un link simbolico (perchè ln non monta su / che è bloccatissimo in read only)

#e poi lancio vold

mount /mnt/sdcard /sdcard

vold

fi

if [ -e /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 ]; then

#faccio un check del disco e correggo gli eventuali errori	

#busybox e2fsck -y /dev/block/mmcblk0p2;

#monto nel modo corretto la partizione ext2 su /system/sd

busybox mount -o noatime,nodiratime -t ext2 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /system/sd;

fi

NOTE: the "double mount" of fat partition in /sdcard and /mnt/sdcard i've seen that is needed by vold demon.

NOTE2: i've used "mount" like a "ln -s" command because ln -s don't link nothing in the root that is the ramdisk and is locked in read-only.

This method works fine but in some cases is not stable... i needed to reboot the phone i couple of times to have it working.

I hope that my work would be useful for you.

I've see in this moment that if i activate "usb storage" all works properly, but when i deactivate that, the system unmount the fat partition and i must re-run "fixUI_once.sh" to have all working. Anyone have an idea to resolve this problem?? (maybe running a script in the moment of "deactivation" of the usb storage)

EXCUSE ME FOR MY BAD ENGLISH

Edited by 1r0nm4n

Guest bellanano

For app2sd, i've applied malez app2sd and thepasto patch.

Now i've the ext2 partition mounted two times, one in /sd-ext and the other in /system/sd

By the way, it works better.

Another bug is the missed calls led, not working, option flagged.

Guest thepasto
Hi to all!! (Is my first post here :lol:)

I notice to you all that i've fixed (in my own way) the "blank SD" problem, the mount of ext2 partition for App2sd and the "USB archive mount" whithout having make to much tweaks.

I've "modded" the init.rc in the boot.img, to load a bash script that mount correctly the partitions and reload vold!!

init.rc modifies:

in the "## Daemon processes to be run by init." section i've added

service init /system/bin/sh /sbin/autorun.sh

user root

group root

oneshot
that run a script contained in the ramdisk named /sbin/autorun.sh NOTE: This file is not modifiable because is in the ramdisk!! autorun.sh (really complex file XD ):
#by 1r0nm4n - execute a boot script

/system/bin/sh /system/sbin/fixUI_once.sh
that run another script (that is modifiable with a simple remount) named fixUI_once.sh (don't look the strange filename :)) fixUI_once.sh:
#!/system/bin/sh

#TUTTO QUELLO CHE VIENE SCRITTO DENTRO QUESTO FILE VIENE ESEGUITO AD OGNI AVVIO

#BY 1R0NM4N

if [ -e /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 ]; then

busybox mount -t vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/sdcard;

#sfrutto il montaggio come fosse un link simbolico (perchè ln non monta su / che è bloccatissimo in read only)

#e poi lancio vold

mount /mnt/sdcard /sdcard

vold

fi

if [ -e /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 ]; then

#faccio un check del disco e correggo gli eventuali errori	

#busybox e2fsck -y /dev/block/mmcblk0p2;

#monto nel modo corretto la partizione ext2 su /system/sd

busybox mount -o noatime,nodiratime -t ext2 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /system/sd;

fi

NOTE: the "double mount" of fat partition in /sdcard and /mnt/sdcard i've seen that is needed by vold demon.

NOTE2: i've used "mount" like a "ln -s" command because ln -s don't link nothing in the root that is the ramdisk and is locked in read-only.

This method works fine but in some cases is not stable... i needed to reboot the phone i couple of times to have it working.

I hope that my work would be useful for you.

I've see in this moment that if i activate "usb storage" all works properly, but when i deactivate that, the system unmount the fat partition and i must re-run "fixUI_once.sh" to have all working. Anyone have an idea to resolve this problem?? (maybe running a script in the moment of "deactivation" of the usb storage)

EXCUSE ME FOR MY BAD ENGLISH

Hi 1r0nm4n, nice to see you here!!

Is not the same way to fix it but it's good improvement. My idea to fix this vold issue, it's here at the end of this post.. I hope it's clear!! If you have something to ask me let me know!! Thanks for your work!!

Guest ravendagrey

Hi Just wanted to say I came across the forum in search for gingerbread for my liquid e, I use rock video, tiger nes, snes, gba, and psx4droid I know that atm the camcorder and wifi tether is disabled which is ok by me but I'm more curious about my apps and how they run on this build, is it stable enough for everyday use? After reading 60 pages of this forum I just want to thank you guys for all your hard work and cant believe how close you are!

Any of you came across with video playing problem?

I used to use Vplayer to play avi/rmvb....etc...

but now i found that both Vplayer and the default player are not able to play any of them...

Is it because of the rom, or the player issue?

THank you~~~ ;)

Guest staracer
maybe morelocale2 can help you, but im not shure.

I use morelocale 2 and overwrite any apps with the las nightbuilt for passion of cm 7.

Spanish: Con morelocale2 para activar el idioma y sustituyo las aplicaciones que solo estan en ingles, phone.apk,mms.apk,setting,etc con las de la ultima rom de nightbuild de cm 7.

Hmm i did not pay attention while installing this rom. I didn't realize it was CM7. What happened to the new Market ?

Edited by ikirt

Hmm i did not pay attention while installing this rom. I didn't realize it was CM7. What happened to the new Market ?

hy, you must use GAPPS to ave new market so:

For the ones who need new market version, I succeded in installing it.

First of all you have to download google apps package from this site (I used the CM7 gapps-gb-20110115-signed.zip that you can find just scrolling down the page) and put it on your sd card, with roggin zip.

at the link for the gapp, someone use gapps-gb-20110120-signed.zip and it work fine, so the last GAPPS is gapps-gb-20110120-signed.zip

Thanks thongrim ;)