[NEWS]Gingerbread comes.

Guest roggin

i want just to say congratulations for all your efferts ;)

anyway i will wait for a working bluetooth since i need it when traveling :|

i'm following the progresses ;)

I am not sure what you are talking about, USB transfer has always worked.

hmf weird, try connecting to windows and when pressing USB transfer enable on the phone, it just disappears again and device doesnt show in windows....

anyway, i've just installed MIUI instead, very nice!

Edited by dr3amz

Guest andoyanna
I really don't understand what's the problem with USB storage,since it worked from the first release :/

I can testify on that! USB transfer is working since day 1!

I have a question, is it possible to make the fixed Wifi boot.img work on MIUI?

It works fine on CM7.

It works fine on CM6 but you can't turn off Wifi, if you try to do it, it shows error and you must reboot your phone to reenable Wifi.

It boots on MIUI but doesn't really work, battery life on standby is very bad and I noticed Wifi doesn't turn off on Standby.

Guest gnufabio
I have a question, is it possible to make the fixed Wifi boot.img work on MIUI?

It works fine on CM7.

It works fine on CM6 but you can't turn off Wifi, if you try to do it, it shows error and you must reboot your phone to reenable Wifi.

It boots on MIUI but doesn't really work, battery life on standby is very bad and I noticed Wifi doesn't turn off on Standby.

http://www.miui-dev.com/forums/showthread.....1.28-Wi-Fi-Fix

Nope, you have to flash first a froyo leak, depending on you phone

I'm using Liquid

Should I flash to 4.003.14_AAP_FET (For Liquid 256MB) first?

Sorry for my stupid question. ;)

Edited by QQhero

Guest monoxide.tryst
I've a liquid A1 and with the new boot.img or anyone angry birds doesn't start is this normaly?

Angry birds has to be installed on phone, not sd card

Guest Ghost-XIII

D/MobileDataStateTracker(  256): default Received state= CONNECTED, old= CONNECT

ING, reason= apnSwitched, apnTypeList= default,supl

D/NetworkStateTracker(  256): setDetailed state, old =CONNECTING and new state=C

ONNECTED

V/NetworkStateTracker(  256): Setting TCP values: [4095,87380,110208,4096,16384,

110208] which comes from [net.tcp.buffersize.hspa]

D/ConnectivityService(  256): ConnectivityChange for mobile: CONNECTED/CONNECTED

D/ConnectivityService(  256): adding dns 192.168.10.110 for mobile

D/ConnectivityService(  256): adding dns 192.168.1.254 for mobile

D/Tethering(  256): Tethering got CONNECTIVITY_ACTION

D/Tethering(  256): MasterInitialState.processMessage what=3

E/HierarchicalStateMachine(  256): TetherMaster - unhandledMessage: msg.what=3

D/Smack   (  403): [XMPPConn] close connection, notifyClosed=false

I/GTalkService(  403): [ServiceAutoStarter] --- connectivity changed

I/GTalkService(  403): [ServiceAutoStarter] --- start GTalk service ---

W/Smack/Packet(  403): notify conn break (IOEx), close connection

W/ActivityManager(  256): Launch timeout has expired, giving up wake lock!

W/ActivityManager(  256): Activity idle timeout for HistoryRecord{46151850 com.a

nddoes.fancywidget.pro/.ForecastActivity}

D/dalvikvm(  561): GC_EXPLICIT freed 3546 objects / 205648 bytes in 146ms

E/Tethering(  256): active iface (usb0) reported as added, ignoring

D/dalvikvm(  499): GC_EXPLICIT freed 7246 objects / 332632 bytes in 147ms

D/dalvikvm( 1389): GC_EXPLICIT freed 483 objects / 25192 bytes in 115ms

D/dalvikvm(  403): GC_EXPLICIT freed 2396 objects / 219632 bytes in 145ms

D/NativeCrypto(  403): Freeing OpenSSL session

D/dalvikvm(  688): GC_EXPLICIT freed 531 objects / 26192 bytes in 90ms

D/dalvikvm(  708): GC_EXPLICIT freed 2009 objects / 190816 bytes in 110ms

W/KeyCharacterMap(  256): No keyboard for id 0

W/KeyCharacterMap(  256): Using default keymap: /system/usr/keychars/qwerty.kcm.

bin

D/dalvikvm(  378): GC_EXTERNAL_ALLOC freed 5457 objects / 293416 bytes in 51ms

I/ActivityManager(  256): Starting activity: Intent { act=android.intent.action.

MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] flg=0x10200000 cmp=com.android.setti

ngs/.Settings bnds=[354,529][468,658] }

D/dalvikvm(  378): GC_EXPLICIT freed 905 objects / 47856 bytes in 88ms

D/dalvikvm( 1389): GC_EXTERNAL_ALLOC freed 1447 objects / 105432 bytes in 43ms

D/dalvikvm( 1389): GC_EXTERNAL_ALLOC freed 2764 objects / 215480 bytes in 36ms

I/ActivityManager(  256): Displayed activity com.android.settings/.Settings: 660

ms (total 660 ms)

I/ActivityManager(  256): Starting activity: Intent { act=android.intent.action.

MAIN cmp=com.android.settings/.wifi.WifiSettings }

D/dalvikvm( 1389): GC_EXTERNAL_ALLOC freed 1528 objects / 114232 bytes in 41ms

I/ActivityManager(  256): Displayed activity com.android.settings/.wifi.WifiSett

ings: 449 ms (total 449 ms)

E/WifiService(  256): Failed to load Wi-Fi driver.

D/dalvikvm( 1389): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 3432 objects / 496088 bytes in 56ms

D/dalvikvm( 1389): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 3762 objects / 522920 bytes in 42ms

D/dalvikvm(  256): JIT code cache reset in 16 ms (1048552 bytes 1/0)

D/dalvikvm(  256): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 27051 objects / 1501296 bytes in 203ms

W/KeyCharacterMap( 1389): No keyboard for id 0

W/KeyCharacterMap( 1389): Using default keymap: /system/usr/keychars/qwerty.kcm.

bin

D/dalvikvm(  378): GC_EXTERNAL_ALLOC freed 183 objects / 10368 bytes in 63ms

D/dalvikvm(  378): GC_EXTERNAL_ALLOC freed 25 objects / 1384 bytes in 44ms

Hello I'm posting the logcat

I use the last MluI with the last boot roggin but impossible to reactivate the wireless (it works very well but can not activate it once off)

Have you any idea ?

Guest TechnoLover
[...]

It works fine on CM6 but you can't turn off Wifi, if you try to do it, it shows error and you must reboot your phone to reenable Wifi.[...]

Maybe this affects you too, so just try a reboot after turning off wi-fi ;)

the logcat says that the driver for wi-fi couldn't be loaded, how this can be fixed, only a dev can tell you ;)

Guest thongrim
I'm using Liquid

Should I flash to 4.003.14_AAP_FET (For Liquid 256MB) first?

Sorry for my stupid question. ;)

No problem ;) this is not a stupid question, so better give a good answer. You can flash every froyo leak as the main thing that changes between eclair and froyo bin is baseband. This is the only thing that custom roms for liquid cannot change up to now. I think it's better if you flash the bin previous from the last one that have some connection glitches. (if I can remember, it's called 4.000.56b or similar)

After that you can flash malez recovery and from that the gingerbread rom from roggin (and eventually all the other fixes)

edit: but yes, in principle it's not important which bin you flash, until it's a froyo one

Edited by thongrim

Guest koudelka

For people trying to this kernel with other roms like MIUI and have problem with wifi, Yes we know it. This is the reason why we have not posted it in the miui thread. We know the problem, and why it is and also how to fix it ;) It will be done, when someone has time to do it ;)

Guest colinjlyon

Ok, so I am pretty new to the rom flashing scene due to the fact that I just moved from a XperiaX10 to an Acer Liquid E, GREAT MOVE BTW. so a friend of mine walked me through the basics and I was off to the races~!!! I started with the liquid metal rom and I liked the interface but the battery life sucked. when I saw that someone had mentioned that the 2.3 ROM was stable enough for an idiot such as myself to use I jumped on it. BUT, I have some things to list off that might be bugs and pardon me if some of the things I mention have already been pointed out.

At one point I added a lock pattern and when I tried to remove it would not go away. I could no for the life of me bring back the Cyanogen lock screen without the pattern, this made the use of lick screen gestures unusable. I had to reflash the rom to get it to work.

Next question, I have updated the maps app and the face book app from the market but I noticed that they didn't show installed just free. so I installed them over the existing apps, not sure if that was a good idea or not so when I restored my user data in titanium, I left them the versions that came with the rom. also titanium gave me this message when they tried to restore "This will replace a system app, are you sure you want to do this?" so I left them the way they were. will updating maps and face book app etc, have any adverse affects on the rom? don't think they should but im just the end user so what do I know.

also back to the lock screen when I add a gesture for a google voice search it gives me a message {void:0}

the GPS toggle from the status bar seems to take FOREVER to toggle the gps on and off. im not sure if it will actually turn the gps on or not. on the stock 2.2 rom from the power manager it turns on right away. maybe its turning it on right away but not showing the GPS icon until the position has locked in... not sure but something to look at.

last but not least, I noticed how much friken faster this rom is than the stock 2.2 rom so I wondered what the quadrant result would look like. my last quadrant from 2.2 was after a fresh reboot and 645 I think.... 64x anyhow, but when I tried to run a quadrant on 2.3 it crashes when it gets to the graphic tests. the first one works fine then the screen goes blank for the first 3d one but still shows the fps and frame# at the bottom, then just returns to the load screen for quadrant standard. thought this might point to some graphic driver issues or something.... kinda disappointing cause I really wanted to know the difference in score cause it seems much faster and more fluid than 2.2.

To finish off, I would like to put a HUGE THANK YOU out to all the Devs working on this rom. its super awesome and FAST~!!! my battery seems to last longer than the stock 2.2 as well by probably about 20%. You guys ROCK and I look forward to the next build. expect a beer from me ;)

EDIT:

Also just got stuck in Airplane mode. went into airplane mode from the power off menu and wont come out. tried to enter and exit airplane mode from settings---> wireless, no dice, just hangs on dissabling wireless connections.

Edited by colinjlyon