[NEWS]Gingerbread comes.

Guest roggin

For people trying to this kernel with other roms like MIUI and have problem with wifi, Yes we know it. This is the reason why we have not posted it in the miui thread. We know the problem, and why it is and also how to fix it ;) It will be done, when someone has time to do it ;)

Thanks koudelka, roggin, thepasto and all other who is working on that

Guest Carlos294W

Hi! Really good job porting the Ginger to our Liquids

I would like to receive some instructions about how to successfully install this Gingerbread port in my Liquid(256) because I've never flashed any "unofficial" rom, I've only treated with leaked BINs from Acer (via Acer Tool), with pretty good performance, by the way ^^

I don't know how to properly flash Gingerbread, and what to do with the famous update-zip or the boot.img... well, you know, all that eternal noob questions...

Before doing anything wrong by myself, I would like you to redirect me to any explanation... or at least write a couple of lines showing the steps to follow. It would be great, not only for me, but for lots of people in my same situation.

So... how would you flash Gingerbread in your devices?

Thanks in advance, people!

Guest HustlinDaily

1) Make sure you have flashed a FroYo bin (preferably an official one but do not think that it matters too much) onto your phone. List of bins are here- http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...-please-sticky/

2) Install MalezRecovery- http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-malez-recovery/ (Malez included an easy installer kit on his downloads section, just use that)

3) Place the .zip in the first post onto the root of your SD Card (not any folders or anything)

4) Reboot into MalezRecovery (instructions on how to do that is included on Malez's Google Code site)

5) In MalezRecovery, navigate to the Flash/Test Menu, I believe this zip is unsigned so go to the "No Sign Check" option and then select the .zip from there and it will do the rest.

6) Reboot and enjoy.

Edited by HustlinDaily

Guest Carlos294W

Wow, thanks! It's just what I needed.

I knew how to access Malez from adb or Term.Emulator, but I didn't know if the zip download could be copied directly to the root of sdcard, or if it had to be extracted first (and then moved to sdcard as separate files).

Thank you again!

Guest 1r0nm4n
Hi 1r0nm4n, nice to see you here!!

Is not the same way to fix it but it's good improvement. My idea to fix this vold issue, it's here at the end of this post.. I hope it's clear!! If you have something to ask me let me know!! Thanks for your work!!

Hi thepasto!! But you are everywhere!!! :D :D

[italian]

Piccolo il mondo eh?? ;)

[/italian]

I've seeing your solution and i must say that is really elegant!! Good idea!! ;)

Surely it is better than my method because in this way "vold" can recognize the FAT partition after the "usb storage" unmount.

I've seen you use the unit 179:3 for the EXT partition, you also use the swap partition? I ask that because in my /dev/block/vold/ folder, i only have the devices 179:0 (the physical SD i think), 179:1 (the fat partition) and 179:2 (the ext partition) but i don't have the 179:3 device.

For precaution i created a script based on your, that is generic and find automatically the correct names of EXT and FAT devices and exchange their names.

I believe that the script works correctly, only I do not remember if the swap partition is created to last, or between the FAT and EXT.

In the script i consider the swap partition among the other two.

#cerco l'ultima partizione trovata da vold e la scambio con la prima (l'ultima partizione dovrebbe essere ext2 e la prima fat)

#conto il numero di partizioni trovate da vold

#nota: le partizioni sono sempre una in meno del numero trovato

#perchè esiste anche 179:0 che probabilmente è la scheda sd stessa

#(intesa come supporto fisico)

cd /dev/block/vold/

num_devs=`ls | wc -l`

#se il numero delle devices è due non devo 

#entrare nell'if perchè ho solo la partizione FAT

if [ "$num_devs" -ge 2 ];then

#salvo il nome del device a blocchi ext2

ext=`ls -1 | tail -n1`

#salvo il nome del device a blocchi fat che è sempre il primo

fat=`ls -1 | head -n2 | tail -n1`

mv $ext $ext"_bck"

mv $fat $fat"_bck"

busybox ln -s $fat"_bck" $ext

busybox ln -s $ext"_bck" $fat

sync

fi

Tell me what you think about it ;)

Edited by 1r0nm4n

Guest ravendagrey

Ok I'm ready to flash just one more question before I do, sorry guys first time doing this, is there a way to go back to the rogers official 2.2 after doing this?

Guest zebbe77
Ok I'm ready to flash just one more question before I do, sorry guys first time doing this, is there a way to go back to the rogers official 2.2 after doing this?

Do a nandroid backup in malez recovery before you flash the ROM

Guest EddyFreschi

for who have the problem with usb storage not working! i solved the problem partitioning again the sdcard with malez recovery! hope that it works also for you!;)

Guest thepasto
Hi thepasto!! But you are everywhere!!! ;) :D

[italian]

Piccolo il mondo eh?? :D

[/italian]

I've seeing your solution and i must say that is really elegant!! Good idea!! ;)

Surely it is better than my method because in this way "vold" can recognize the FAT partition after the "usb storage" unmount.

I've seen you use the unit 179:3 for the EXT partition, you also use the swap partition? I ask that because in my /dev/block/vold/ folder, i only have the devices 179:0 (the physical SD i think), 179:1 (the fat partition) and 179:2 (the ext partition) but i don't have the 179:3 device.

For precaution i created a script based on your, that is generic and find automatically the correct names of EXT and FAT devices and exchange their names.

I believe that the script works correctly, only I do not remember if the swap partition is created to last, or between the FAT and EXT.

In the script i consider the swap partition among the other two.

#!/system/bin/sh
# FixSD AcerLiquid
# Thepasto 2010
BUSYBOX=/system/xbin/busybox

function fixsd {
extpart=$(ls /dev/block/vold/ | tail -1)
echo $extpart
#One partition FAT do nothing
if [ $extpart = "179:1" ]; then
exit 1;
fi

#Two partitions link FAT on bottom
if [ $extpart = "179:2" ]; then
$BUSYBOX mv /dev/block/vold/179:2 /dev/block/vold/179:2_bck
$BUSYBOX mv /dev/block/vold/179:1 /dev/block/vold/179:1_bck
$BUSYBOX ln -s /dev/block/vold/179:1_bck /dev/block/vold/179:2
$BUSYBOX ln -s /dev/block/vold/179:2_bck /dev/block/vold/179:1
sync
fi

# Three Partitions link Fat on bottom
if [ $extpart = "179:3" ]; then
$BUSYBOX mv /dev/block/vold/179:3 /dev/block/vold/179:3_bck
$BUSYBOX mv /dev/block/vold/179:1 /dev/block/vold/179:1_bck
$BUSYBOX ln -s /dev/block/vold/179:1_bck /dev/block/vold/179:3
$BUSYBOX ln -s /dev/block/vold/179:3_bck /dev/block/vold/179:1
sync
fi
}

function check {
if [ -e /dev/block/vold ]; then
sleep 2;
fixsd
else
check
fi
}

check[/codebox]

Thanks for your work!!

Guest mik93250

can some one help me to add a transparent background statut bar because as I add the png file and push framework the background statut bar is always the same grey opaque

Guest ravendagrey

Hi guys sorry to be a bother but after my phone reboots from malez I press vol down camara and power and i get this message

Partition checksum

splash1:chksum =00000000 OK

boot:chksum =00000000 OK

recovery:chksum=d6ce8989 !=002152e0 **fail**

system:chksum =00000000 OK

========

<<FAIL>>

please help

Guest thongrim
Hi guys sorry to be a bother but after my phone reboots from malez I press vol down camara and power and i get this message

Partition checksum

splash1:chksum =00000000 OK

boot:chksum =00000000 OK

recovery:chksum=d6ce8989 !=002152e0 **fail**

system:chksum =00000000 OK

========

<<FAIL>>

please help

Your recovery partition is corrupted, just go in bootloader mode and flash malez recovery again. ;)

Guest ravendagrey
Your recovery partition is corrupted, just go in bootloader mode and flash malez recovery again. ;)

Thanks I figured it out you have to unplug the usb cable during reboot after the bootloader or you will get that error on liquid e

I don't know why but if I installed the lastest boot (bcm4329_boot), my Liquid will become a little bit choppy, not as smooth as the previous boot (fastdormancy_boot), I know that beside bcm fix is included in the lastest boot, some more patches are also included, just curious what's the cause.

ATM I stick to the fastdormancy one.

Guest akira.pwr
I don't know why but if I installed the lastest boot (bcm4329_boot), my Liquid will become a little bit choppy, not as smooth as the previous boot (fastdormancy_boot), I know that beside bcm fix is included in the lastest boot, some more patches are also included, just curious what's the cause.

ATM I stick to the fastdormancy one.

My Liquid is a bit laggy too after flash of bcm4329.

Guest Morris Lee
My Liquid is a bit laggy too after flash of bcm4329.

My liquid has always been slightly laggier(??) than a 2.2 rom. changing it to On demand helped the random extreme lag a lot