[NEWS]Gingerbread comes.

Guest roggin

Guest Menerve
I don't know why but if I installed the lastest boot (bcm4329_boot), my Liquid will become a little bit choppy, not as smooth as the previous boot (fastdormancy_boot), I know that beside bcm fix is included in the lastest boot, some more patches are also included, just curious what's the cause.

ATM I stick to the fastdormancy one.

I noticed too ! And more particularly for the keybord.

Guest TheShak
I don't know why but if I installed the lastest boot (bcm4329_boot), my Liquid will become a little bit choppy, not as smooth as the previous boot (fastdormancy_boot), I know that beside bcm fix is included in the lastest boot, some more patches are also included, just curious what's the cause.

ATM I stick to the fastdormancy one.

+1

1) Make sure you have flashed a FroYo bin (preferably an official one but do not think that it matters too much) onto your phone. List of bins are here- http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...-please-sticky/

2) Install MalezRecovery- http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-malez-recovery/ (Malez included an easy installer kit on his downloads section, just use that)

3) Place the .zip in the first post onto the root of your SD Card (not any folders or anything)

4) Reboot into MalezRecovery (instructions on how to do that is included on Malez's Google Code site)

5) In MalezRecovery, navigate to the Flash/Test Menu, I believe this zip is unsigned so go to the "No Sign Check" option and then select the .zip from there and it will do the rest.

6) Reboot and enjoy.

Can I flash to 2.2 from offical 2.1?

Also use MalezRecovery to flash the phone to 2.2?

Guest gyroskunk
Can I flash to 2.2 from offical 2.1?

Also use MalezRecovery to flash the phone to 2.2?

yeah, flash via Malez Recov is the only way to spin the ROM to your liquid E.

yes, it is going to be the same steps you quoted before...

thanks.

one more question, I'm using Acer_LiquidE_1.100.09_AAP_GEN2 in my Liquid

can I flash to 4.005.05.AAP.GEN2_A22F_A_256mb_bbs.gfan.com (For Liquid 256MB) directly?

or which version of 2.2 should I flash to?

;)

Guest colinjlyon

So i unplugged the phone this morning and 2 hours on standby later i unlocked and checked the battery usage. i was dont to 90% in standby with wifi, bluetooth off. 95% of the usage was from the maps app. i checked and my gps was off and laitude was on set location manually so i force closed the maps app from the apps manager built in to android and i am back to the no cell reception problem. seems that the largest problem in this rom for me anyhow has been loosing reception and when its gone, it doesn't come back until i re-flash the rom.

plugged in and re-flashing now.

battery life is good except smoothness of the ROM.

Are there any plans to update this rom, devs?

smoothness is okay, comrade.

must be set ondemand cpu governor, disabled jit, disabled next setting after jit, and hands must be growin from the right place ;)

Guest barmyman
smoothness is okay, comrade.

must be set ondemand cpu governor, disabled jit, disabled next setting after jit, and hands must be growin from the right place ;)

my hands are ok, no doubt, comrade.

comparing this ROM to LCR, it has some problems with smoothness.

Guest woofles

hi there all im new to all this and wanted to know if i can install 2.3 on my s100 its running 1.6 at moment and how do i reinstall 1.6 if all goes wrong

regards ricky ;)

Guest koudelka
hi there all im new to all this and wanted to know if i can install 2.3 on my s100 its running 1.6 at moment and how do i reinstall 1.6 if all goes wrong

regards ricky ;)

you first need to update to one of acers 2.2 roms to get new radio, then you need to install malez recovery and after that you can install this rom from there. Yes you can reinstall 1.6 from acers homepage at any time. It is quite hard to break liquid, as long as the bootloader is there you can always fix it if something goes wrong, and there is no custom rom that changes the boot loader. With Acers official installer it does change the bootloader during install so make sure you have battery in your device and that alll cables are plugged in so it does not die during install, this is pretty much the only risk.

Guest woofles
you first need to update to one of acers 2.2 roms to get new radio, then you need to install malez recovery and after that you can install this rom from there. Yes you can reinstall 1.6 from acers homepage at any time. It is quite hard to break liquid, as long as the bootloader is there you can always fix it if something goes wrong, and there is no custom rom that changes the boot loader. With Acers official installer it does change the bootloader during install so make sure you have battery in your device and that alll cables are plugged in so it does not die during install, this is pretty much the only risk.

where will i find 2.2 rom and malez recovery will i need to use the acer download tool to install the rom. i recently installed froyo on my liquid but had no in call sound .or sound when people were calling me. also no camera so i installed stock 1.6 and still they wont work so i sent it back to acer they have repaired the phone so with a bit of help want to install 2.3

regards ricky

Guest RoC1912
where will i find 2.2 rom and malez recovery will i need to use the acer download tool to install the rom. i recently installed froyo on my liquid but had no in call sound .or sound when people were calling me. also no camera so i installed stock 1.6 and still they wont work so i sent it back to acer they have repaired the phone so with a bit of help want to install 2.3

regards ricky

For flash rom: http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...-acer-liquid-e/

For Malez recovery: http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...easy-installer/

For rom collections: http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...act-collection/