[NEWS]Gingerbread comes.

Guest roggin

Lol. don't worry I've go enough snow to deal with here in Toronto. Just gotta be careful man.

Carefull... snowmobiling... I just ordered a fatbar and barraiser, and I didn't do it 'cause I wanna be careful :(

So a camera wouldn't stay alive for long here... I have my brother if I need good pic's ;)

And just 'cause I love offtopic, I gotta ask... How much snow's it in Toronto now? Where I live, it's around 50cm... I want atleast 50cm more!

uapo7: hehe, I'm quite lucky at this moment... Only -11c, but they say it's going down again ;) on thursday it'll be around -21c, and friday even colder! Scandinavia isn't the right place to live in at this moment...

And back to topic;

to devs: when you release it as a rom, would ya mind to include the original homescreen thingy? Imho, ADW-launcher is just annoying. I'd prefer to be able to test the original home-launcher.

But it's still a great work you've been doing with this! When camera and wifi is fixed, it's useable for everyday use!

Guest vikings123
You are lucky, because you dont live in Finland. Here in Finland is about half of meter snow and minus 30 degrees celcius. ;)

And good luck for devs with gingerbread!

I feel muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better to be in Minnesota now. :(

Guest ololo12345
on thursday it'll be around -21c, and friday even colder! Scandinavia isn't the right place to live in at this moment...

guy you are lucky. I live in Syberia and now its -45c.

topic: Rom is great, but camera is critical. Waiting :(

Guest Morris Lee
Hey roggin, where are you in Taiwan? Which school? I live in Hsinchu.

Who's tried this rom so far? How's the stability?

Happy holidays everyone!

I am originally from Taiwan too, Taipei actually. Moved to Canada about 9 years ago(sorry mod for all the OT :()

now, back to the topic, I would really wish the original Launcher is the default launcher and ADW is not included, I dislike ADW quite a bit, I prefer launcher pro as it is much more optimized, for static wallpaper anyways. However, ADW does handle live wallpaper better

Guest Vlad Pisarev

That's my opinion: make plz "clean" Android rom without mods, features and etc... User can make it for himself how he want...

/// Sorry for my bad English, I'm a pupil (Nizhny Novgorod, liceum 38 (NTL))

Guest Morris Lee
That's my opinion: make plz "clean" Android rom without mods, features and etc... User can make it for himself how he want...

/// Sorry for my bad English, I'm a pupil (Nizhny Novgorod, liceum 38 (NTL))

I think it would be alot to keep track of what it changed and what it is not. App wise, keep it stock such as the launcher, mods such as cyanogen embedded options are great, gives user the option to customize if liked to :(

Guest Morris Lee

Forgot to add, please keep the sensitivity at 75/75, as some of us has bad touchscreen that get random touches at high sensitivity, thanks and happy new year!

Guest koudelka
Forgot to add, please keep the sensitivity at 75/75, as some of us has bad touchscreen that get random touches at high sensitivity, thanks and happy new year!

I plan to add extra options in settings for changing sensitivity and hapticfeedback (maybe also calibrate light and proximity sensor). But first we should get a stable build :(

Guest Morris Lee
I plan to add extra options in settings for changing sensitivity and hapticfeedback (maybe also calibrate light and proximity sensor). But first we should get a stable build :(

Sounds good!

Guest MrVanes

Can anyone tell me if LCR-F 1.1.2 runs stable on 4.002.14 radio? I'd like to prepair my phone but want to have a stable combi to (nandroid) fall back on in case Gingerbread explodes in my face... I remember reading some people had troubles running LCR-F 1.1.2 on top of 4.002.14, but I may be wrong?

Guest Andrea1Liquid
Yes. Me and koudelka are collaborating to get AOSP compiled :(

Correction to myself. AOSP was compiled by me days ago, but there are some not compiled frameworks (.jar files in /system/framework folder), so I'm trying to fix that to get a booting ROM. Thanks to Koudelka for the help ;)

Edited by Andrea1Liquid

Guest Andrea1Liquid

Guys, thanks to dr1337 I know how to fix camcorder!

libstagefright is broken on the current release of Gingerbread with all Qualcomm-powered devices. What you will need to do is to replace the libraries associated with libstagefright and libomx.

You should be able to get the video camera working on that but you sacrifice YouTube HD and high resolution recording as you lose hardware acceleration.

I'm informing the others: we're going to fix it as soon as possible!

Moreover, I had a chat some time ago with koudelka and we have the wifi fix too :(

Guest Charlton22
Guys, thanks to dr1337 I know how to fix camcorder!

I'm informing the others: we're going to fix it as soon as possible!

Moreover, I had a chat some time ago with koudelka and we have the wifi fix too :(

Wow you guys are great!!!

Will we have gingerbread soon?

Thanks

Hope you'll release it with Wifi fix, I soooooo want to try Gingerbread ;D.

By the way here's Honeycomb Music app (the one you saw in Google I/O, remember it's not the full version):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=885535

EDIT: about camcorder, I don't see the point in fixing it now. Low resolution video recording is useless IMO and we lose youtube HD.

Edited by bais

Hi all,

Wifi fixed ROM link has updated, u can download from first post.

or here

http://www.multiupload.com/Y3EOTJ0BNY

Thanks. :(

Awesome! ;)

Not far from being useable all the time now!

Great work:)

koudelka:

With or w/o Gingerbread original launcher?

And when are you planning on releasing it? :3

To everyone who's developing this:

Awesome work! Unfortunately, I still have some problems with donating 'cause of my bank... ;)

can we also get the fancy animations, from the other thread that was posted earlier?

I will also upload version with newer framework and apps :( and move some stuff to data for easy removal ;) (new framework has working screen off animation ;))