Disaster!

Guest stevesilk51

certainly something to do with the drivers.

try again, If you cant then do a system restore on your PC and then try again.

I am sure you will get there, Like I said, you are in a very similar possition as to me a few days ago.

Guest andrewg12345

Steve, two points

1 - in addition to post 22, do you have to reinstall the drivers (win7 64bit was not straight out of the box)

2 - could your usb chain, cable or connectors be dodgy (you could try pinching the usb cable connector metal ends a bitto make sure it gets good contact)

3 - how about trying another pc

sorry thats 3 points

Guest princeotter
Steve, two points

1 - in addition to post 22, do you have to reinstall the drivers (win7 64bit was not straight out of the box)

2 - could your usb chain, cable or connectors be dodgy (you could try pinching the usb cable connector metal ends a bitto make sure it gets good contact)

3 - how about trying another pc

sorry thats 3 points

Make sure that the Vega is fully charged - I found that when battery was low despite plugging charger in to do reset it would n't work . Leaving it to fully charge I was able to get into Restore mode. Also in your Device Drivers just check if you get something like Other Device - AMX . That indicates that the PC sees the Vega and then you should be able to do a reflash. I had same problem when I use ROM Manager off Market to put Clockworkmod on rather than following the adb push route suggested in the step by step usb hosting guide. Got there in the end but took me several hours (and a lot of swearing....)

Guest stevesilk51

Thanks all you guys,

I'll have to leave it for a couple of days (wife informs me that something is going on tomorrow that we need to get ready for!)

Will certainly be back for more help in a few days. If anybody thinks of something else please post.

Thanks again.

Steve

Guest stevesilk51

Hi again UKmdb,

Pursued the uninstall usb drivers in device manager as you suggested and bingo!, managed to unbrick my Vega!

All I need to do now is remember how I upgraded with Pauls mods (might leave the clockwork alone for now, frightened of it!

Cheers

Steve

Guest princeotter
Hi again UKmdb,

Pursued the uninstall usb drivers in device manager as you suggested and bingo!, managed to unbrick my Vega!

All I need to do now is remember how I upgraded with Pauls mods (might leave the clockwork alone for now, frightened of it!

Cheers

Steve

Good news! Know how you would have been feeling having been there myself!

Hi again UKmdb,

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thank you for getting back and updating us.

So glad you got it back up and running.

Like I have said, I have been there and felt what you felt and have also stayed away from clockwork for now.

Maybe when it becomes more stable I will give it another go.