FroyoBlade 0.3

Guest fonix232

yeah it is probably to do with the old version of the kernel we are using...

I'd just like to say I uploaded my file to help out fonix232 who wanted to get something working....

the V880 is a VERY different device to the ZTE-Blade... anyone expecting to see a perfect version of 2.2 out of this is probably not going like this but:

THIS WILL NEVER PRODUCE A 100% STABLE DEVICE

sure the two devices are 'sort of the same', sure you can get something working, but there is no way I would depend upon it 'real life'

I just read through the whole thread and wondered if you're last release isn't stable? It seams as if everything is working except for the LEDs and some Market-downloads, right? But if it where stable, wouldn't you release some sort of version 1.0? And, if ZTE releases their kernel source, will you be able to make it more stable?

Sorry if I sound confused...I just am confused right now :(

Guest Sebastian404
I just read through the whole thread and wondered if you're last release isn't stable? It seams as if everything is working except for the LEDs and some Market-downloads, right? But if it where stable, wouldn't you release some sort of version 1.0? And, if ZTE releases their kernel source, will you be able to make it more stable?

Yes but it is still not something that is 100% stable... telco's spend thousands on testing and ensuring your device works... we're just a bunch of guys messing about...

this is NO WAY A 100% STABLE DEVICE TO BE USED DAY TO DAY.

Guest Frankish

Could we have different threads once something semi-usable is sorted. Just so it makes thing easier to follow seem as there is a few of you messing with this! I'm also not sure if the lockscreen freeze is still there? Not seen any specifics on this. I think the only reason people would move from Pauls to this is if either/both lockscreen freeze and fm radio were fixed!

Keep it up guys.

Guest dadashi
Yes but it is still not something that is 100% stable... telco's spend thousands on testing and ensuring your device works... we're just a bunch of guys messing about...

Oh God.... ;) back to modacos eclair :( ....

Edited by dadashi

Guest rayraven

Which you based on a rom which was tested thoroughly according to you.

Not saying you're wrong, but wont it even be 80% stable?

I've been using FLB's Froyo ROM since it was released and i havent had any issues with it.

Other than the fact that FM Radio & Light sensor werent working & some people had lockups with the touchscreen, people had no serious bugs/problems, with either Paul's/Fibblesan's rom's.

All i'm saying is, it's ok to have a couple of minor bugs, like you said we are messing around and it's great to get stuff working this good.

Guest Sebastian404
Which you based on a rom which was tested thoroughly according to you.

Not saying you're wrong, but wont it even be 80% stable?

I've been using FLB's Froyo ROM since it was released and i havent had any issues with it.

Other than the fact that FM Radio & Light sensor werent working & some people had lockups with the touchscreen, people had no serious bugs/problems, with either Paul's/Fibblesan's rom's.

All i'm saying is, it's ok to have a couple of minor bugs, like you said we are messing around and it's great to get stuff working this good.

And all I'm saying is that 80% stable is great... until your car breaks down in the middle of nowhere, your wife goes into labour, you need to call the police... etc etc

and your phone has gone 'ahh sorry its 20% unstable time'...

Guest tabarda
Ok,

Here is an update to boot.img that should fix camera and bluetooth issues...

I also turned off the CKPD daemon, see if that helps in performance any

apply it using clockworkmod recovery...

Let me know how it goes

Thanks Sebastian for your work.

In my case is still not operating the camera, but as is 5mp, it may be normal

Edited by tabarda

Guest orangeman2003

Nice work on this rom, you guys all do an amazing job! Will be using this over the next few days as ive backed up my previous 2.1.

Only bug i found is the camera so far which others have mentioned and also the name giffgaff being displayed as o2 telefonica

I can see this 2.2 doesnt have usb or wifi tethering built in hope this could be looked at in the future also :(

Gonna be testing all the apps and games i have been playing on 2.1 to see if theres any improvements or side affects

Thanks!

Edited by orangeman2003

I guess, no. I think it is because the firmware itself locked to the japanese Libero network, and if it detects another SIM, it won't accept it. But of course I'm just guessing!

The lock is in Phone.apk. By replacing it with the Phone.apk from modaco rom i get in to the system but i cant make any calls.

When pressing "emergency call" in the locked down mode, i see a status bar with full 3g connection. Becuase of that i think its a software lock only, and it might be possible to use baksmali/smali to override it.

Argghh finally got a text from orange, seems I've used 76 pence on 3G data using Seb's ROM. Think that was mostly the 1st time as I didn't notice the 3G icon straightaway before I could turn it off lol.

Guest Frankish
Nice work on this rom, you guys all do an amazing job! Will be using this over the next few days as ive backed up my previous 2.1.

Only bug i found is the camera so far which others have mentioned and also the name giffgaff being displayed as o2 telefonica

I can see this 2.2 doesnt have usb or wifi tethering built in hope this could be looked at in the future also :(

Gonna be testing all the apps and games i have been playing on 2.1 to see if theres any improvements or side affects

Thanks!

Dealbreaker for me would be no usb tethering. Apps don't seem to do the job the same as the built in version.

I tested 3 diffrent Sim-card, (Finnish Saunalahti, Sonera and TF) and all of them i get "USIM error" I get error (diffrent though) also if i try whitout simcard

Flash Orange ROM (or any other which does not ignore sim lock) and unlock the phone.

It seems that this froyo ROM does not prompt for unlock code.

Edited by MDCFan

Guest markusj
The lock is in Phone.apk. By replacing it with the Phone.apk from modaco rom i get in to the system but i cant make any calls.

When pressing "emergency call" in the locked down mode, i see a status bar with full 3g connection. Becuase of that i think its a software lock only, and it might be possible to use baksmali/smali to override it.

Same here, replaced the apk from Flibblesan's froyo, but it keeps crashing, so airplane mode is necessary to look around. Nice work, guys! :(

Great ;)

BTW as soon as I get the info from ZTE how to build an AOSP ROM with the least modifications, I think we can make CM6/7 running :(

They have already said they can't release the ril related code. I can give you a CM6 rom with basically everything else working.

Cheers,

from looking into it, the 003Z seems to have an extra parition..

mtd6: 0a280000 00020000 "userdata"

mtd7: 01500000 00020000 "oem"

mtd8: 00180000 00020000 "persist"
vs
mtd6: 0d020000 00020000 "userdata"

mtd7: 00180000 00020000 "persist"

It seems to be using that OEM as some sort of extra internal memory,, the pictures end up on your SDcard as youd expect, they just go via that mount... some bluetooth stuff seems to use it aswell...

a new boot.img is coming,,, but I'm just double checking everything twice...

I have oem on a UK SF.

edit. Turns out I dont have oem. The bootloader shows 2 oem partitions (OEMSBL1 & OEMSBL2), but they are not visible in linux.

Edited by Tom G

They have already said they can't release the ril related code. I can give you a CM6 rom with basically everything else working.

Maybe a very stupid question, isn't it possible to replace the RIL part of CM6 with the one from Chinese leak's RIL?