FroyoBlade 0.3

Guest fonix232

Flash Orange ROM (or any other which does not ignore sim lock) and unlock the phone.

It seems that this froyo ROM does not prompt for unlock code.

I flash Orange stock rom, that will prompt unlock code and i unlocked my blade and that works ! :(

Now i can use these froyo roms (little odd because finnish blade deliveried not locked, but how cares ;)

Edited by naxuu

Guest fonix232
They have already said they can't release the ril related code. I can give you a CM6 rom with basically everything else working.

Yes I know about that. I have not asked for the RIL code itself, but anything what should be added to the framework source to have a working RIL part. And (as it is an internal code) it is really only up to ZTE to release it or not. OR, we can decompile the whole framework (best to start with the qualcomm bootclasses), and add the missing bits to the source with some fix-ups.

Guest tcpaulh
Dealbreaker for me would be no usb tethering. Apps don't seem to do the job the same as the built in version.

Dealbreaker here also, unfortunately. I wonder if there's a way to shoehorn it back in.

Got no wireless or internet at all on main PC. Strange but true. Decided to have the phone line disconnected and rely on mobile broadband.

Guest JK-FINN
Dealbreaker here also, unfortunately. I wonder if there's a way to shoehorn it back in.

Got no wireless or internet at all on main PC. Strange but true. Decided to have the phone line disconnected and rely on mobile broadband.

Does the Japanese 00Z3 come shipped with "ZTE JoinME"- software

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1530037

like the Finnish Saunalahti 2.1 Blade did.....

Guest Redzo31

Is there any plans of seting upp a thread there we can post eventual bugs/problems ? It could help you guys having all relevant info in one place..

just my 5 :(

Yes I know about that. I have not asked for the RIL code itself, but anything what should be added to the framework source to have a working RIL part. And (as it is an internal code) it is really only up to ZTE to release it or not. OR, we can decompile the whole framework (best to start with the qualcomm bootclasses), and add the missing bits to the source with some fix-ups.

I dont think they will release anything other than kernel so reverse engineering may b only way, i planned to compile 2. 1 r1 which is stock and compare with zte stock or appropriate 2.2 against zte but jd-gui is givin probs

Guest Sebastian404
Is there any plans of seting upp a thread there we can post eventual bugs/problems ? It could help you guys having all relevant info in one place..

just my 5 :(

I've been thinking about this... I was thinking of setting up an issue tracker on my website... but then, thats probably a very geeky thing to do

Guest Frankish
I've been thinking about this... I was thinking of setting up an issue tracker on my website... but then, thats probably a very geeky thing to do

Do it. And please start a new thread for your work its going well.

Guest Redzo31

don't see anything wrong with geeky :(

Guest Sebastian404
don't see anything wrong with geeky :(

I did install gitweb, and exposed all the commits and the like for the de-oranged/etc roms for interested parties...

I dunno, issue trackers and git repos.... its all too much like my day job ;)

I dont think they will release anything other than kernel so reverse engineering may b only way, i planned to compile 2. 1 r1 which is stock and compare with zte stock or appropriate 2.2 against zte but jd-gui is givin probs

I've already started. There are a lot of changes. jd-gui has some trouble with 2,2, so I have started with 2.1, if I can get that working then I'll do 2.2 and hopefully 2.3. I've probably done about half of it, but I won't be home for about a week and its to hard to work on the framework from my netbook so I won't have any progress for a while.

The 2.1 I am comparing to is caf's eclair_chocolate branch. I'm not sure which revision of aosp it was based on. The telephony framework is different between aosp and caf, so I'm not sure which will be closer but I think the caf code might be a better base (the pulse used aosp telephony and wouldn't work with caf, but I think the blade may be closer to caf).

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Been playing around with this for a couple of minutes, and GPS (navigation especially) is a no-go, thus far- No locking there, again. Used RAM is exceptionally low, very impressive. Snappiness is right on, brilliant stuff. Otherwise, surface glance says Tesco mobile as Telefonica O2 UK Limited, but I assume that's just the APN settings, and has no effect on network usage- even though on actual O2 phones, it never has the full spiel. Otherwise, a half hour in, everything satisfactory.

And now, one hypothetical, meaningless and unimportant question- is there enough similarites here to install themes for Paul's 2.2 ROM, as shown in threads of said themes?

Guest Sebastian404

Im about sick of this whole game... and my eyes have started to go crossed.... but I just wanted to throw this one out to the Night shift.....

Anyone tried the Kernel from the 2nd BETA rom leak? I seem to recall it was a later one.. might support the 5MP camera.

Im about sick of this whole game... and my eyes have started to go crossed.... but I just wanted to throw this one out to the Night shift.....

Anyone tried the Kernel from the 2nd BETA rom leak? I seem to recall it was a later one.. might support the 5MP camera.

Seriously man, you done good, get some sleep. The night shift don't need new ROMs, it can wait for tommorow.

And i'm sure all of us can join in saying thanks.

Guest dadashi

r u still stuck in London hotel?

Guest Sebastian404
r u still stuck in London hotel?

yup, no flights back till Wed at the soonest.... tho I hear there is more snow on the way :(

my friend in San Deigo is not helping, she keeps sending me pictures of the storms... looks like theres some amazing surf going on ;)

Guest dadashi
yup, no flights back till Wed at the soonest.... tho I hear there is more snow on the way ;)

my friend in San Deigo is not helping, she keeps sending me pictures of the storms... looks like theres some amazing surf going on ;)

look on the bright side, some people would give an arm and a leg to be where you over over xmas :(

...it can't be that bad in the savoy

Guest Sebastian404
look on the bright side, some people would give an arm and a leg to be where you over over xmas :(

...it can't be that bad in the savoy

in-case any one has mistaken me for a filthy yank,... I am one of those ex-pats that the americans hate. Im from england orginaly, moved over to the US a year or so ago...

My parents still live in England, but they decided to fly out to Spain for Christmas, so my backup plan of visiting with them went out the window...

Guest dragon2611
Been playing around with this for a couple of minutes, and GPS (navigation especially) is a no-go, thus far- No locking there, again. Used RAM is exceptionally low, very impressive. Snappiness is right on, brilliant stuff. Otherwise, surface glance says Tesco mobile as Telefonica O2 UK Limited, but I assume that's just the APN settings, and has no effect on network usage- even though on actual O2 phones, it never has the full spiel. Otherwise, a half hour in, everything satisfactory.

And now, one hypothetical, meaningless and unimportant question- is there enough similarites here to install themes for Paul's 2.2 ROM, as shown in threads of said themes?

Some of the Huawei phones do that, it's correct as that is the full name for O2 UK although most phones shorten it to either O2 or O2-UK

It's probably showing as O2 because it doesn't have "Tesco" Programmed into it so defaults to the parent network (Tesco being a "virtual" network using o2's infrastructure)

GiffGaff will probably show up as O2 as well.

Likewise BT mobile may show up on some phones as Vodafone, Virgin can show up as T-mobile.

Not sure what ASDA mobile shows up as although I think they're using Vodafone's network.

Guest Sebastian404
Some of the Huawei phones do that, it's correct as that is the full name for O2 UK although most phones shorten it to either O2 or O2-UK

It's probably showing as O2 because it doesn't have "Tesco" Programmed into it so defaults to the parent network (Tesco being a "virtual" network using o2's infrastructure)

GiffGaff will probably show up as O2 as well.

Likewise BT mobile may show up on some phones as Vodafone, Virgin can show up as T-mobile.

Not sure what ASDA mobile shows up as although I think they're using Vodafone's network.

I wanted a 'dirty' phone while I was here so I picked up a Tesco Mobile SIM for my old iPhone, it shows up as 'O2' On there... putting it into my Palm Pre, it says 'Tesco'...

I always thought that sort of thing was sent OTA via the network... but maybe not..

I wanted a 'dirty' phone while I was here so I picked up a Tesco Mobile SIM for my old iPhone, it shows up as 'O2' On there... putting it into my Palm Pre, it says 'Tesco'...

I always thought that sort of thing was sent OTA via the network... but maybe not..

Me to, hence the surprise at the full O2 name, although the APN settings list Tesco mobile straight up, so all that must be pulled OTA

Edited by Victor von Zeppelin

Guest Sebastian404
Me to, hence the surprise at the full O2 name, although the APN settings list Tesco mobile straight up, so all that must be pulled OTA

I know a guy who is an expert at that sort of thing, He knows it all, he can even tell where calls where made from/to by looking at the CDR ...... hes been in the telco for about 20-odd years... I will ask him when I see him next, he is bound to know.

Guest kallt_kaffe

Gi guys... Just to let you know I spent some hours yesterday trying to get the new kernel to boot by extracting the config from both the working (old) kernel and the non-working(new) kernel. The new kernel has a different CONFIG_PHYS_OFFSET and some other things (I've attached both configs) and what I did was that I uncompress the kernel and hexedited the baseadress from 0x02600000 to 0x02a00000. The packed it all up again and tried to boot it but it was just as bad as before.

My guess is that the new kernel does use the same board-zte-blade.c as "our" kernels and more things than just the CONFIG_PHYS_OFFSET is changed. We will propably not be able to get a new kernel working until we get the source and compile it ourselves.

newkernel_config.txt

oldkernel_config.txt

Guest jpdribbler
Had some fun hexediting the (old) working kernel and made a version that overclocks the AHB bus with 50% at 480 and 600MHz CPUspeed. Have fun! :(

Hey kallt_kaffe, cant wait to see your own custom ROM based on the liberoz003 Froyo Rom! :-) ...and please with many overclocking options, (like 844 MHz.. :-D )

I wanna see Angry Birds become completely smooth, even in high levels... :-D ;-)