FroyoBlade 0.3

Guest fonix232

Guest jurrasstoil
<irony>yeah, we should wait for Paul</irony>

happy christmas

bare with them, they are excited about 2.2 :(

i'll just lean back and let the guys who know what they're doing do their magic.

appreciate your hard work.

happy xmas.

Guest jurrasstoil
yeah no calls on a phone, that's useful!!!lool

hence the huge "FOR DEBUGGERS ONLY YET" in the title...

cluttering up this thread with "what roms are you using atm guys?" "i like coffee with milk and sugar, how bout you?" will just slow down the process of getting a stable and working version out for everybody.

Edited by jurrasstoil

Guest youngbrov
hence the huge "FOR DEBUGGERS ONLY YET" in the title...

cluttering up this thread with "what roms are you using atm guys?" "i like coffee with milk and sugar, how bout you?" will just slow down the process of getting a stable and working version out for everybody.

Just tryin to inject some humour to keep ppl from going crazy on this thread, lol.

Guest ale_syrj

Seb's version boots fine. As already known, there's still a lot that isn't working like normal phone functions. I still have the same problems as with all the other froyo roms (5mp camera isn't working and screen still freezes after coming back from sleep mode). I'm definitely not an expert, but am I right if I think this is because it's using some bits from the old leak?

Got a quadrant score of 421.

Guest youngbrov
Seb's version boots fine. As already known, there's still a lot that isn't working like normal phone functions. I still have the same problems as with all the other froyo roms (5mp camera isn't working and screen still freezes after coming back from sleep mode). I'm definitely not an expert, but am I right if I think this is because it's using some bits from the old leak?

Yes, ideally we need to move away from the old leaks, or use stabler leaks

Edited by youngbrov

I think this is precisely why xda didn't want to add a Blade section over there - the blade seems to attract a very certain kind of user...

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

U

I think this is precisely why xda didn't want to add a Blade section over there - the blade seems to attract a very certain kind of user...

However, it introduces other sorts of members - good developers who can't afford grander devices, or budding new enthusiasts that get started out here. (I hope I'm the latter.) I spose we get a bit of everything down here.

Guest Sebastian404

yeah it is probably to do with the old version of the kernel we are using...

I'd just like to say I uploaded my file to help out fonix232 who wanted to get something working....

the V880 is a VERY different device to the ZTE-Blade... anyone expecting to see a perfect version of 2.2 out of this is probably not going like this but:

THIS WILL NEVER PRODUCE A 100% STABLE DEVICE

sure the two devices are 'sort of the same', sure you can get something working, but there is no way I would depend upon it 'real life'

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

I'd just like to say I uploaded my file to help out fonix232 who wanted to get something working....

the V880 is a VERY different device to the ZTE-Blade... anyone expecting to see a perfect version of 2.2 out of this is probably not going like this but:

sure the two devices are 'sort of the same', sure you can get something working, but there is no way I would depend upon it 'real life'

But does that mean it will be more stable than the various alpha builds, which I'm assuming shared hardware?

Glad someone's come out and said it, judging by alot of the posts preceding this ROM dump (and a few after) people were assuming it was just a case of tying up a few loose ends and a fully working Froyo for the blade would be ready within a week.

Guest youngbrov
Glad someone's come out and said it, judging by alot of the posts preceding this ROM dump (and a few after) people were assuming it was just a case of tying up a few loose ends and a fully working Froyo for the blade would be ready within a week.

YEEEES good point! :(

Guest TheodorosK

I have some questions for you guys:

- what's a dump? I've installed a zip dump but didn't do anything.

- is it a complete ROM?

- will it work for TFT Blade?

Guest tcpaulh
I have some questions for you guys:

- what's a dump? I've installed a zip dump but didn't do anything.

- is it a complete ROM?

- will it work for TFT Blade?

tempban?

Got Sebastian's working in the end, but still had the same problem with the update script trying to set permissions on the nonexistent etc/wiper directory when installing the second file: even though it is in the zipfile it doesn't seem to get created during install, at least for me.

Thanks Fonix & Sebastian, had some fun playing with this, merry Xmas!

Guest PeaNut_HU

OMG! OMG! OMG! I think is just peed my pants in excitement :( ;) ;)

Big thanks for the leak for Wellbeing, and for the devs fonix232 anf Sebastian404 ;)

Merry X-Mas to you all!

Edited by PeaNut_HU

Guest Sebastian404

hmm, I've had a couple of questions...

this device's boot.img uses a base of 0x02600000.

I tried rebuilding the boot.img using the Blade's base of 0x03000000.... no good.

Guest Sebastian404
Seb, if you don't mind, I will continue the work on your release!

Thanks for it! :(

sure no problem, the update-script is just a cut and paste from the RAW output of romdump rather something nice

Guest Sebastian404
Got Sebastian's working in the end, but still had the same problem with the update script trying to set permissions on the nonexistent etc/wiper directory when installing the second file: even though it is in the zipfile it doesn't seem to get created during install, at least for me.

erm... that line is not in my updater-script.......

which version of clockworkmod are you using?

Guest Phoenix Silver
bare with them, they are excited about 2.2 ;)

i'll just lean back and let the guys who know what they're doing do their magic.

appreciate your hard work.

happy xmas.

+1 correct attitude

exactly what i think :(

wait and see ;)

merry christmas