FroyoBlade 0.3

Guest fonix232

Guest fonix232
hmm, I've had a couple of questions...

this device's boot.img uses a base of 0x02600000.

I tried rebuilding the boot.img using the Blade's base of 0x03000000.... no good.

Weird.

I will try it with XDA's kitchen's porting function!

EDIT:

Uploading ported test ROM now, available in a few minutes!

Edited by fonix232

Guest bugmenot
18 downloads of the Test ROM, and no reports yet. Everybody bricked his/her phone, or what?

Test ROM is working and is quite smooth. Communications are still not working, but it's known problem. Wifi is functioning.

Quadrant gives little over 800 with this rom. (EDIT: Actually over 900.)

Edited by bugmenot

Guest fonix232
Test ROM is working and is quite smooth. Communications are still not working, but it's known problem. Wifi is functioning.

Quadrant gives little over 800 with this rom.

Which one? TestPort_TestBoot, or v0.3?

Guest fonix232
TestPort_TestBoot. Very promising.

Keep up the good work. :(

Great ;) Development goes on that line then!

(Actually it is a modded original 003Z boot.img, what is merged with Paul's alpha3 boot.img ;) )

TestPort_TestBoot

E:Can't chown/mod /system/xbin

(No such file or directory)

E:Failure at line 86:

set_perm 0 0 0777 SYSTEM:xbin

Installation aborted.

Using ClockworkMod 2.5.0.9.

Guest bugmenot
TestPort_TestBoot

E:Can't chown/mod /system/xbin

(No such file or directory)

E:Failure at line 86:

set_perm 0 0 0777 SYSTEM:xbin

Installation aborted.

Using ClockworkMod 2.5.0.9.

You need to modify "update-script" file. There are two rows needed to be removed (other one is that 86, and the other was ~90).

Here:

http://pastebin.com/3gLiFg8c

Edited by bugmenot

Great ;) Development goes on that line then!

(Actually it is a modded original 003Z boot.img, what is merged with Paul's alpha3 boot.img :( )

Just tried it on Orange SF and Quadrant gives more than 900 points (sometimes it even crosses 1000 points mark).

Edited by MDCFan

Guest fonix232
Just tried it on Orange SF and Quadrant gives more than 900 points (sometimes it even crosses 1000 points mark).

Then next goal is to get RIL working again!

EDIT:

Could you please check that everything else works? BT, Wifi, compass, light sensor, proximity, etc?

Edited by fonix232

OK just from a quick play...

wifi - no reconnect failures so far just had 1st failure :(

light sensor - seems a bit sluggish (though that's not always a bad thing).

proximity sensor - dunno as the phone's not working (in 2.1 my sensor only works when making a call, just putting my finger over it does nothing).

my videos - some play fine, some have green line on top, some play but display messed up. fixed - media.stagefright.enable-player=false

youtube vids - all seem to have green line on top, will try the stagefright buildprop fix - root explorer can't gain root access*

youtube app - just appears to open then quickly close, no message. fixed - updated from market (v1.6.21 to v2.1.6)

bluetooth - turns on but I don't have any BT devices to test lol.

compass - can't see one, though 'compass mode' works in google maps streetview.

fm radio - cuts out after about a second.

can't connect via usb.... seems pid has changed.. can't edit buildprop cos can't get root lol

*just remembered universal androot... hurrah now have root, edited usb pid... can connect via usb now

done the stagefright fix... now I can't play any youtube vids lol

there's duplicate media.stagefright.enable-player entries in buildprop, one's set false, the other true.

can't seem to fix my youtube via the browser probs... media.stagefright.enable-http=true - get green lines on top...set it to false and they don't play at all ;)

Edited by Mike_P

Guest bugmenot
OK just from a quick play...

wifi - no reconnect failures so far just had 1st failure :(

light sensor - seems a bit sluggish (though that's not always a bad thing).

proximity sensor - dunno as the phone's not working (in 2.1 my sensor only works when making a call, just putting my finger over it does nothing).

my videos - some play fine, some have green line on top, some play but display messed up.

youtube vids - all seem to have green line on top, will try the stagefright buildprop fix - root explorer can't gain root access

youtube app - just appears to open then quickly close, no message.

bluetooth - turns on but I don't have any BT devices to test lol.

compass - can't see one, though 'compass mode' works in google maps streetview.

fm radio - cuts out after about a second.

can't connect via usb.... seems pid has changed.. can't edit buildprop cos can't get root lol

Usb works with the new driver provided in dump-topic.

Rooting works fine with me, no problem with root explorer also.

Is there any kind soul who could turn the - > original dump system.tar.gz <- into a system.img to use as recovery, or tell me how to do it? it may sound stupid, but i have an idea to test on the portuguese "blade" Sapo a5, which is giving tons of problems with all the custom froyos available out there, more than the usual problems on orange/other Blades, like having no touch etc.

That problem seemed to have disappeared with the FroyoBlade_0.3.zip (not the testPort one).

So my idea is:

Use clockworkmod's recovery function to totally restore the original dump, without any kind of port or change.

a "chinese.stock.rom.zip" would serve aswell i guess, but i dont have the knowledge to make any of these.

Thanks in advance, and sry for my english.

the V880 is a VERY different device to the ZTE-Blade... anyone expecting to see a perfect version of 2.2 out of this is probably not going like this but:

THIS WILL NEVER PRODUCE A 100% STABLE DEVICE

sure the two devices are 'sort of the same', sure you can get something working, but there is no way I would depend upon it 'real life'

The only real difference I know of is the led setup. The RIL problems should be because the devices use different baseband versions, I expect the RIL hardware is actually the same.

I'll grab the 003Z rom and see what I can do. I only have a little netbook to work with at the moment, so I might not get far.

Edited by Tom G

Guest x.balli.x
would you mind to tell me where can modify the "update-script"?

where is the file belong to?

if you don't even know where this Update-Script is then i suggest you leave it for pros, if you still willing to take the risk then the location of update script is :

open up the rom dump, and follow the path, open the update-script with notepad,

\META-INF\com\google\android\

The only real difference I know of is the led setup. The RIL problems should be because the devices use different baseband versions, I expect the RIL hardware is actually the same.

I'll grab the 003Z rom and see what I can do. I only have a little netbook to work with at the moment, so I might not get far.

half a year ago I ran Eclipse on a network :(

Well, I guess, you can look at ril?

Edited by gusthy

I've got ril working. It looks like the baseband in this rom is much closer to the sf baseband than the Chinese roms have been.

I haven't done any testing yet, but full signal + 3G icons are shown, so it looks like it works.

I'm using the V880 kernel at the moment, but I will try to get the 003z one working.

I will upload a rom in a few hours. Im a bit busy at the moment.

Guest superkryo
Unless I missed something the kernel source (2.6.32) isn't available yet. The word from China is it should be up by the end of the month.

Sorry about the confusion. It was a remark for Seb on his 2.5.1.8 clockwork recovery, which does not support ext3. I was hoping that he would update as kallt_kaffe did for Paul's 2.5.1.3.

Good news you have on the RIL, look forward to a working official Froyo.