FroyoBlade 0.3

Guest fonix232

I've got ril working. It looks like the baseband in this rom is much closer to the sf baseband than the Chinese roms have been.

I haven't done any testing yet, but full signal + 3G icons are shown, so it looks like it works.

I'm using the V880 kernel at the moment, but I will try to get the 003z one working.

I will upload a rom in a few hours. Im a bit busy at the moment.

Excellent work tom!

Guest kallt_kaffe
I've got ril working. It looks like the baseband in this rom is much closer to the sf baseband than the Chinese roms have been.

I haven't done any testing yet, but full signal + 3G icons are shown, so it looks like it works.

I'm using the V880 kernel at the moment, but I will try to get the 003z one working.

I will upload a rom in a few hours. Im a bit busy at the moment.

I replaced libcm.so and libril-qc-1.so with the ones from Eclair (Saunalahti version) and phone works, 3G icons shows and flashes but mobile data is not working. Other stuff like wifi, compass, gps etc seems OK so far. I'm using boot.img from TestPort_TestBoot_Blade.zip from here: http://fonix232.co.cc/rom/index.php?dir=%2Fblade%2Ffroyo and I'm using apns-conf.xml from CM6 (which work fine in Eclair)

What's the deal with the dumped boot.img? Base adress was something like 0x26000 and it refused to boot with it. I know from previous attempts with the leaked ROMs that my usual mkbootimg failed to create anything bootable so I guess something has changed with the Froyo builds. I want to change the initrd and when the source gets out also the kernel so any information on this would be helpful.

EDIT: I wonder if this has something to do with the nonworking mobile data: "rmnet_recv() discarding 1354 len (1340 mtu)"

EDIT2: Found where it sets the MTU (/system/etc/init.athwlan.sh):

#!/system/bin/sh
chmod 750 /system/wifi/*.sh
setprop wlan.default.dns1 168.95.1.1
setprop wifi.interface wlan0

#ZTE_RIL_WANGCHENG_20101016 for SBM
/system/bin/ifconfig rmnet0 mtu 1340
#ZTE_RIL_WANGCHENG_20101016[/code]

EDIT3: Manually set the mtu to 1500 and it seems it did the trick.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest Sebastian404

Ive been messing about a bit.. I also got the RIL working, but I'm still having the same problems with my Wifi I've always had.... I thought they where to of fixed that... :(

I replaced libcm.so and libril-qc-1.so with the ones from Eclair (Saunalahti version) and phone works, 3G icons shows and flashes but mobile data is not working. Other stuff like wifi, compass, gps etc seems OK so far. I'm using boot.img from TestPort_TestBoot_Blade.zip from here: http://fonix232.co.cc/rom/index.php?dir=%2Fblade%2Ffroyo and I'm using apns-conf.xml from CM6 (which work fine in Eclair)

What's the deal with the dumped boot.img? Base adress was something like 0x26000 and it refused to boot with it. I know from previous attempts with the leaked ROMs that my usual mkbootimg failed to create anything bootable so I guess something has changed with the Froyo builds. I want to change the initrd and when the source gets out also the kernel so any information on this would be helpful.

EDIT: I wonder if this has something to do with the nonworking mobile data: "rmnet_recv() discarding 1354 len (1340 mtu)"

EDIT2: Found where it sets the MTU (/system/etc/init.athwlan.sh):

#!/system/bin/sh

chmod 750 /system/wifi/*.sh

setprop wlan.default.dns1 168.95.1.1

setprop wifi.interface wlan0

#ZTE_RIL_WANGCHENG_20101016 for SBM

/system/bin/ifconfig rmnet0 mtu 1340

#ZTE_RIL_WANGCHENG_20101016

EDIT3: Manually set the mtu to 1500 and it seems it did the trick.

Great! There is a dell streak thread mtu on 3g, they talk about autoprobing the net to work it out but seem less successful than you so far.

Guest Len Ash

Nice to see ZTE have spent time fully localising their products... crappy Taiwanese DNS server... lol

(I previously changed this to one of the Google ones for rather better resolving when abroad... somewhat more "Global")

Edited by Len Ash

which one is baseband file,dupe it can help to use org 003z ril.so?

mtd0: 00500000 00020000 "recovery"

mtd1: 00500000 00020000 "boot"

mtd2: 00180000 00020000 "splash"

mtd3: 00080000 00020000 "misc"

mtd4: 02580000 00020000 "cache"

mtd5: 0dc00000 00020000 "system"

mtd6: 0a280000 00020000 "userdata"

mtd7: 01500000 00020000 "oem"

mtd8: 00180000 00020000 "persist"

which one is baseband file,dupe it can help to use org 003z ril.so?

mtd0: 00500000 00020000 "recovery"

mtd1: 00500000 00020000 "boot"

mtd2: 00180000 00020000 "splash"

mtd3: 00080000 00020000 "misc"

mtd4: 02580000 00020000 "cache"

mtd5: 0dc00000 00020000 "system"

mtd6: 0a280000 00020000 "userdata"

mtd7: 01500000 00020000 "oem"

mtd8: 00180000 00020000 "persist"

There are another 10 partitions not visable to linux which are related to ril. They aren't visable to linux so cannot be dump from linux (and dumping the entire nand from linux doesn't pick them up). See the RS232 thread for more info.

The offset doesn't matter. You can see over the rs232 that the bootloader finds the correct offset for the kernel and ramdisk regardless. Maybe it has limits, but both 0x2a00000 and 0x2600000 work. The original eclair rom was something like 0x3000000.

The kernel problem is very strange. Usually if it crashes it will stay powered on, but it is turning off completely. There is no serial support in the kernel, so I can't see anything over the rs232.

Guest Sebastian404
It might looks like an offtop, but does anybody know if Orange going to release official 2.2 ROM?

HAHA, no chance...

Maybe the next cheap device in the city range will be 2.2 ... maybe...

Anyway, been plugging away on this a bit more last night, and here is my current WIP:

r0_update_de-softened_lite_blade_signed.zip

its a WORK IN PROGRESS, but I've removed most of the Softbank Stuff, updated the main apps, the usual.....

Still running on the beta kernel tho... I'm not going to go down the customization route much further with this till that is resolved tho..

Most of the google apps need updating, did I mention this is a WORK IN PROGRESS

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest PeaNut_HU
Having a play now, and I assume you're aware that both 2d and 3d performance is really bad? Also quite funny to see the Japanse sms and contacts that are still on the phone and all the preinstalled apps lol.

For 2D/3D performance: you can switch on stagefright and hardware 3d by editing system/build.prop

In Paul's Froyo it looked like this:

media.stagefright.enable-player=true

media.stagefright.enable-meta=true

media.stagefright.enable-scan=true

media.stagefright.enable-http=false

debug.sf.hw=1

Preinstalled apps: if preinstalled apps disturb you so much, you can very easily remove them by deleting them from the system/app folder in the zip file... and then flash it as update.zip with clockworkmod.

I see this rom is already far from stock (including Astro file manager, adfree android, colornote, documentstogo trial, geniewidget, gingerbreadkeyboard, googlegoggles, googleskymap, googletranslate, homeswitcher, launcherpro, softbank mms, linpack, neocore, quadrant, wheresmydroid) - these are surely not necessary - but i agree some of them can be useful.

Edited by PeaNut_HU

Guest Sebastian404
The kernel problem is very strange. Usually if it crashes it will stay powered on, but it is turning off completely. There is no serial support in the kernel, so I can't see anything over the rs232.

You think they have gotten wise to us and have added some sort of check to see what we are uptp :(

Guest youngbrov
HAHA, no chance...

Maybe the next cheap device in the city range will be 2.2 ... maybe...

Anyway, been plugging away on this a bit more last night, and here is my current WIP:

r0_update_de-softened_lite_blade_signed.zip

NOTE: dropbox says 20 minutes to go on the upload...

its a WORK IN PROGRESS, but I've removed most of the Softbank Stuff, updated the main apps, the usual.....

Still running on the beta kernal tho... I'm not going to go down the customization route much further with this till that is resolved tho...

linkz broken can u update plz [LOL]

i no 20 mins just jokin

Guest Sebastian404
Is the RIL Working Sebastian?

yeah, I can make calls and everything.,.. I'm not 100% sure about the 3G, Ive having problems with it right now where its switching back and forth between 3G and EDGE quite often... but my iPhone cant pick up any sort of data signal... it maybe to do with my physical location....

Guest PeaNut_HU
yeah, I can make calls and everything.,.. I'm not 100% sure about the 3G, Ive having problems with it right now where its switching back and forth between 3G and EDGE quite often... but my iPhone cant pick up any sort of data signal... it maybe to do with my physical location....

I will try your package as soon as it's finished uploading, can also provide a mirror on my wuala account for it too.

Yeah I can only get GPRS-EDGE where I live. But as long as I can text, call I'm fine. I'll report bugs to this thread :(