FroyoBlade 0.3

Guest fonix232

Guest Sebastian404
I will try your package as soon as it's finished uploading, can also provide a mirror on my wuala account for it too.

dropbox is very good, it just seems to be taking it AGES to get it uploaded, tho crappy hotel wifi is not helping. 3 minutes left now....

Guest PeaNut_HU
dropbox is very good, it just seems to be taking it AGES to get it uploaded, tho crappy hotel wifi is not helping. 3 minutes left now....

Only problem is that dropbox will disable your downloads after a certain limit has been reached.

"According to Dropbox support, public links for free accounts may not use more than 10GB of bandwidth per day while that limit is 250GB per day for paid Dropbox accounts. The links are automatically suspended if any of your files exceed that limit."

http://www.labnol.org/software/dropbox-ban...th-limit/18278/

Edited by PeaNut_HU

Guest Sebastian404

As an aside, does anyone know of a unified atempt to produce an global version of voicemail-conf.xml? cyanogenmod have got one for apns-conf.xml but I cant find one for voicemail....

Guest Sebastian404
Only problem is that dropbox will disable your downloads after a certain limit has been reached.

Really? Hmmm, Id not noticed any mention of that in the blurb.. but reading T+C is not my strong point

After a few seconds the setup wizard disappears:

"The USIM is unusable in this terminal. Please insert usable USIM"

Is your phone network locked to the network you pruchased it on? If so try unlock it first (using Arr Too's free code generator).

Guest markusj
Is your phone network locked to the network you pruchased it on? If so try unlock it first (using Arr Too's free code generator).

It's locked, but I'd rather not void the warranty in the first month.

(also, it's illegal in Hungary)

Guest kallt_kaffe
Preinstalled apps: if preinstalled apps disturb you so much, you can very easily remove them by deleting them from the system/app folder in the zip file... and then flash it as update.zip with clockworkmod.

I see this rom is already far from stock (including Astro file manager, adfree android, colornote, documentstogo trial, geniewidget, gingerbreadkeyboard, googlegoggles, googleskymap, googletranslate, homeswitcher, launcherpro, softbank mms, linpack, neocore, quadrant, wheresmydroid) - these are surely not necessary - but i agree some of them can be useful.

I pretty much threw in most of the extra stuff from Finnish Fillyjonk so that I could feel "at home". :(

Seems to work well so far, I've updated a few apps and added Car Home but other than that I'm running pretty much the same as the version I uploaded. I do not get the USIM error but my phone is an unlocked Orange San Francisco. There are a few adjustments still that needs to be done like getting a "clean" MMS-app and changing the default homepage in the browser. I also need to have a look at the kernel. I suppose it's time to start pestering ZTE about the new kernel source. I miss my overclocking.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

You think they have gotten wise to us and have added some sort of check to see what we are uptp :(

They may have added a kill switch of sorts to stop use running it on other devices, but if so once the source is out it should be fixable. The lack of serial console is normal, most devices have serial console disabled. The retail zte kernels have msm serial disabled completely (im not sure if it was on in the test roms).

Dropbox will be no good for rom hosting, I don't know how much traffic I was hitting, but my account was constantly disabled when all I had on it were unstable froyo test roms for the pulse. The blade user base is much larger and these roms are much more stable, so I give it a few hours before your account is disabled.

Flibblesan kindly offered to host my roms. He might have a better idea of how much traffic they generate.

Same "USIM" -problem here with unlocked Blade. Saunalahti Finland.

Edited by nebuk

I suppose it's time to start pestering ZTE about the new kernel source. I miss my overclocking.

They have already said it is going through the released process and should be available by the end of the month, so it should be out in the next few days.

It's locked, but I'd rather not void the warranty in the first month.

(also, it's illegal in Hungary)

I have Finnish Saunalahti blade, and it doesn't have any locks etc.

Sebastian, latest rom doesn't work either. i get same error "The USIM is unusable in this terminal. Please insert usable USIM".

But phone seems still working, (phone rings, when somebody calls)

Guest Sebastian404
They may have added a kill switch of sorts to stop use running it on other devices, but if so once the source is out it should be fixable. The lack of serial console is normal, most devices have serial console disabled. The retail zte kernels have msm serial disabled completely (im not sure if it was on in the test roms).

Dropbox will be no good for rom hosting, I don't know how much traffic I was hitting, but my account was constantly disabled when all I had on it were unstable froyo test roms for the pulse. The blade user base is much larger and these roms are much more stable, so I give it a few hours before your account is disabled.

Flibblesan kindly offered to host my roms. He might have a better idea of how much traffic they generate.

Well this is not really proper rom hosting solution, since its all WIP for people to test out....

I have my own hosting, but I seem to upset some polish guys who decided to launch some sort of DDoS attack on it...

Guest Sebastian404
Seems to work well so far, I've updated a few apps and added Car Home but other than that I'm running pretty much the same as the version I uploaded.

There are a few adjustments still that needs to be done like getting a "clean" MMS-app and changing the default homepage in the browser.

Car Home got renamed from Car Dock, did'nt it? I can never keep up.

The browser is easy, Im sick of doing that on the 2.1 roms... whats wrong with the MMS tho?

I have Finnish Saunalahti blade, and it doesn't have any locks etc.

Sebastian, latest rom doesn't work either. i get same error "The USIM is unusable in this terminal. Please insert usable USIM".

But phone seems still working, (phone rings, when somebody calls)

Some users had a similar message with my pulse roms. The fix was to set a flag in the phone app to disable the message. The phone still functioned fine with the message.

If it is the same problem we won't be able to fix it until either a rom is released with the flag set or we fix the ril problems with building a rom from source.

I've tried the Orange SIM my giffgaff and no sim at all, It was about to come to a first run wizard I think. And then it just Says

The USIM is unusable in this terminal. Please insert usable USIM

Any workaround?

Guest Sebastian404
I've tried the Orange SIM my giffgaff and no sim at all, It was about to come to a first run wizard I think. And then it just Says

The USIM is unusable in this terminal. Please insert usable USIM

Any workaround?

you not fancy unlocking your device?

you not fancy unlocking your device?

Well, With Paul's Froyo Alpha 3 it unlocked the phone and with any other custom rom. It Doesn't even work with the Orange SIM.

How do I unlock my SF?

Guest PeaNut_HU
Well, With Paul's Froyo Alpha 3 it unlocked the phone and with any other custom rom. It Doesn't even work with the Orange SIM.

How do I unlock my SF?

Solution is in the pinned topics.

Guest UbaRolfey

When all said and done, do we really expect to get a massive performance boost with an official kernel over the current r4? I doubt that we will really exceed 1000 on quadrant. although I have to say that the guys on here are summit else :( I personally am running r3, just about everything works fine, but I am still looking forward a release using an official kernel just to see if there really will be much difference.

Well done to everyone that has put sooooo much effort into this, it's really really appreciated!

Mike

Guest turoscsusxa64

Does this fix the wifi sleep or the 256M RAM issue? I have read that they will be solved with a new low-level fastboot or something like that, so I am afraid I cannot have high hopes. Could you please check? I mean, that the wifi is not going to sleep if you set the policy not to. To me, the wifi sleep issue is most disturbing.

Edited by turoscsusxa64

Guest PeaNut_HU

My results of testing Sebastian404's ROM ...

- Installed clockworkmod 2.5.1.8 through fastboot... wow, what a change, screen in right orientation finally :(

- Installed the r0_update_de-softened_lite_blade_signed.zip, went flawless (did a wipe data/factory reset ofcourse).

- First boot takes about 2 minutes as usual.

- Setup wizard is enabled (can be switched off by build.prop if i am right...)

- launcher seems not too smooth compared to Paul's Alpha4

- 3G works steady, no problems, down/up speeds in par with Paul's Alpha4

- Google location works (although only Maps is only v4.5, this can easily be replaced with the newer apk version)

( Google Maps 5.0 apk is here if someone is interested: http://www.wuala.com/peanut_hu/OSF_Blade/Apps/System_updates )

- GMail and Youtube are latest version (2.3.2 and 2.1.6) working flawlessly

- Camcorder works and VGA is available finally!!!

- Camera works also

- Incoming / outgoing calls works (speakerphone too)

Really can't find any big problems aside from the slower launcher at the moment.

Edited by PeaNut_HU