FroyoBlade 0.3

Guest fonix232

Guest Sebastian404
My results of testing Sebastian404's ROM ...

- Installed clockworkmod 2.5.1.8 through fastboot... wow, what a change, screen in right orientation finally ;)

- Installed the r0_update_de-softened_lite_blade_signed.zip, went flawless (did a wipe data/factory reset ofcourse).

- First boot takes about 2 minutes as usual.

- Setup wizard is enabled (can be switched off by build.prop if i am right...)

- launcher seems not too smooth compared to Paul's Alpha4

- 3G works steady, no problems, down/up speeds in par with Paul's Alpha4

- Google location works (although only Maps is only v4.5, this can easily be replaced with the newer apk version)

( Google Maps 5.0 apk is here if someone is interested: http://www.wuala.com/peanut_hu/OSF_Blade/Apps/System_updates )

- GMail and Youtube are latest version (2.3.2 and 2.1.6) working flawlessly

- Camcorder works and VGA is available finally!!!

- Camera works also

- Incoming / outgoing calls works (speakerphone too)

Really can't find any big problems aside from the slower launcher at the moment.

I updated gmail & you tube... google maps seemed to cause problems... tho I have it working now... an r0.1 is coming soon :(

Blade 512MB/OLED using Sebastians De-Softened Froyo it doesn't show my proper network I am on giffgaff which runs on O2-UK Network and it shows Telefonica O2-UK Limited and when I tried to show my IMEI by typing *#06# it says:

The Process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. One Good thing Though its only using about 100MB RAM :(

Guest Sebastian404
Blade 512MB/OLED using Sebastians De-Softened Froyo it doesn't show my proper network I am on giffgaff which runs on O2-UK Network and it shows Telefonica O2-UK Limited and when I tried to show my IMEI by typing *#06# it says:

The Process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. One Good thing Though its only using about 100MB RAM :(

Ah, thats probably because I got a bit over keen and deleted com.zte.emode.apk

com.zte.emode.apk.zip

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest rayraven
I updated gmail & you tube... google maps seemed to cause problems... tho I have it working now... an r0.1 is coming soon :(

Sweet.

Just one question, are the ambient light sensor and the hard-key backlights working on this build?

Guest PeaNut_HU

I had no problems with stability with Google Maps 5.0 since it was released (used on Pauls Froyo A4), and it is drawing map much faster because it is not bitmap based anymore, so fewer bandwidth required for navigation and also faster to download new map parts because of vectorized data.

Edited by PeaNut_HU

Guest PeaNut_HU
Sweet.

Just one question, are the ambient light sensor and the hard-key backlights working on this build?

ATM, the key backlights still do not work, only the back button. Also this is the same kernel as in Pauls Froyo A4 so i think the dumped kernel needs to be fixed first, so we will see if the new kernel has support for all lights already or not.

Edited by PeaNut_HU

Trying Seb's r0 atm, all seemed to go smoothly, only prob I have is tried to get balance from Orange via SimToolKit and haven't received a text back yet and according to TaskManager CPU usage is 90+% (investigating atm)

Guest admanirv

Good work guys, hopefully its a matter of time till people like me can flash the ROM to my Blade.

One question how much better is VGA compared to CIF? i take it just resolution also is this VGA likely to be usable on the blade?

Cheers

Edited by admanirv

Trying Seb's r0 atm, all seemed to go smoothly, only prob I have is tried to get balance from Orange via SimToolKit and haven't received a text back yet and according to TaskManager CPU usage is 90+% (investigating atm)

Are you downloading from Android Market, I had that all I did was reboot and it was normal

Guest PeaNut_HU
Good work guys, hopefully its a matter of time till people like me can flash the ROM to my Blade.

One question how much better is VGA compared to CIF? i take it just resolution also is this VGA likely to be usable on the blade?

Cheers

Of course the video quality is better of the increased resolution, but overall you can't expect anything much without replacing it with a better sensor. I say it is good for the money, but you won't be filming your next Hollywood blockbuster picture with this :(

Guest admanirv
Of course the video quality is better of the increased resolution, but overall you can't expect anything much without replacing it with a better sensor. I say it is good for the money, but you won't be filming your next Hollywood blockbuster picture with this :(

;) true.

I think anything above CIF will be better, the current video quality is on par with my first j2me enabled sony erricson bought in 2002 ;).

Guest fonix232

What the hell, I take off a day and you fix everything? Great work, people, now THAT's what I call teamwork!

ATM, the key backlights still do not work, only the back button. Also this is the same kernel as in Pauls Froyo A4 so i think the dumped kernel needs to be fixed first, so we will see if the new kernel has support for all lights already or not.

If you use the kernel from the testport, it should have keyboard lights enabled!

Are you downloading from Android Market, I had that all I did was reboot and it was normal

Yes I have been downloading from the Market, SystemPanelLite not really showing anything, SpareParts shows CKPD-daemon has been using alot.... reboot and CPU issue has gone.

n.b. memory usage has dropped down from ~145MB to ~107MB according to TaskManager, looking good so far. :(

Guest PeaNut_HU
What the hell, I take off a day and you fix everything? Great work, people, now THAT's what I call teamwork!

If you use the kernel from the testport, it should have keyboard lights enabled!

Howto? Just change the boot.img file in Sebastian404's zip and replace it with the one in yours? Would that work, or it is more complicated?

Guest Sebastian404

What did you do to get that? I was looking at the differences between the two init.rc ?

Guest PeaNut_HU
Yes I have been downloading from the Market, SystemPanelLite not really showing anything, SpareParts shows CKPD-daemon has been using alot.... reboot and CPU issue has gone.

n.b. memory usage has dropped down from ~145MB to ~107MB according to TaskManager, looking good so far. :(

While the launcher lagged a little, i noticed it is responding faster than previous froyo roms.

Guest fonix232
What did you do to get that? I was looking at the differences between the two init.rc ?

Nope, I've used DSIXDA's automatic kernel porting tool to do the job for me ;) It is a great tool in his kitchen, I always use it. Automation rulez!

Also began working a bit on Seb's R0 ROM, some little advances I think won't be a problem :( Also I will fix the +90% CPU usage too ;)

BTW Anyone got FM Radio working?

Edited by fonix232

Nope, I've used DSIXDA's automatic kernel porting tool to do the job for me ;) It is a great tool in his kitchen, I always use it. Automation rulez!

Also began working a bit on Seb's R0 ROM, some little advances I think won't be a problem ;) Also I will fix the +90% CPU usage too ;)

BTW Anyone got FM Radio working?

can you fix USIM problem? :(

Edit: sorry forgot about that. I did'nt read earlier posts

Edited by naxuu

Guest fonix232
can you fix USIM problem? :(

I guess, no. I think it is because the firmware itself locked to the japanese Libero network, and if it detects another SIM, it won't accept it. But of course I'm just guessing!

Guest Sebastian404
I guess, no. I think it is because the firmware itself locked to the japanese Libero network, and if it detects another SIM, it won't accept it. But of course I'm just guessing!

This is what I was thinking too, they have very odd rules about unlocking in Japan, I assume you just can unlock it, so that bit of Android is missing...

fronix, Im just about to upload 0.1... lots more fixes :(

Guest Sebastian404

here we go....

STILL WORK IN PROGRESS

r0.1_update_de-softened_blade_signed.zip

DISCLAIMER : I am not responsive for any consequences of installing this update, any house-fires, stray cats, legal action resulting from your use of it is ENTIRELY your own look out.

Change log:

- updated/added all Google apps

- added test applications (Secret Dialer codes SHOULD work now)

- reverted launcher to stock wallpaper & layout

- added MMS application

- removed built in bookmarks from Browser

Known issues:

- Your device needs to be unlocked BEFORE installing

- Wont work with ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.1.3 - Upgrade for gods sake!

- Still using the BETA kernel

- no LEDs (see above)

- no support for 5MP cameras

- unregistered ro.build.fingerprint means you cant download SOME apps from the market place

Its supposed to be like that:

- Things don't look the same

- Anything else

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest fonix232
here we go....

STILL WORK IN PROGRESS:

r0.1_update_de-softened_lite_blade_signed.zip

- added MMS application

great! :(

I'm too tired to do anything today I guess :S

here we go....

STILL WORK IN PROGRESS

r0.1_update_de-softened_lite_blade_signed.zip

NOTE: Still Uploading

- added MMS application

DISCLAIMER : I am not responsive for any consequences of installing this update, any house-fires, stray cats, legal action resulting from your use of it is ENTIRELY your own look out.

Will I have to wipe boot,system,data,cache or can I just apply it from r0