CM6.1-Pulse0.40 Chinese mod - installation instructions

Guest twrock

Guest James Kei
Yes, I find laggy in playing angry birds also. As a phone, it's already very good with the mod found here. Tablet with Honeycomb is what I want but will wait for more choice in HK.

I've no problem in using Wifi at home also, but not the PCCW wifi hotspots. As I am using the single device plan and MAC is what PCCW use to identify your device, so I can't get on PCCW wifi hotspots using this mod.

To me, non home access, I will use 3G network, no point using PCCW wifi hotspots, very unstable, difficult to connect to it, once connect it, very slow as well. I know most of MTR have them, but really pointless using it.

To me, non home access, I will use 3G network, no point using PCCW wifi hotspots, very unstable, difficult to connect to it, once connect it, very slow as well. I know most of MTR have them, but really pointless using it.

Actually, I rarely use PCCW wifi hotspots, but as it's already included in the montly plan, it will be a bonus to have it working. I just verify it during lunch and it works.

Guest twrock
Some more detail feedback.

I flash your ROM 3 ~ 4 times, Chinese or without Chinese.

End up, each time, first flashed after clean from bootload. Phone load up. all works expect not able to install apps, from market or from SD card (reboot during installation, kind fast boot).

So find out a work around it, by flash App2SD package at 2nd boot, after boot up, it detect my SD partition, copy/erase apps from /data/apps - > SD ext3 partition.

Then installation of apps working now, believe somehow /data mount point has issues with 1st boot up.

Afterward, everything works. Even I remove SD card, all apps gone, I still able to install it back into phone /data/apps from markets.

SD ext3? I didn't think ext3 was supported! I have always used ext2, and have mentioned that in the instructions. Have you always used ext3?

Guest twrock

New beta uploaded. Unless there is some unforeseen errors, this will be the next version of this rom.

Download links:

TWeak0.3.3-CM61-pulse

TWeak0.3.3-gapps-pulse

Please let me know if there are any problems with this rom. I am testing it, but I can't possibly find everything. See the first post for installation instructions.

Changelog:

ROM:

Added anegin's Camera fix to /system

Minor fix in build.prop

GAPPS:

Updated Gmail /system

Updated Market /system

Updated Twitter /data

Updated AndExplorer in /data

Updated Google Maps /data

Updated RomManager /data

Installed A2SD gui /data

Installed Set MAC Address /data

Installed CpuNotify /data

Note: if you are interested in a version of this rom without the Chinese support, let me know and I'll upload one.

Edited by twrock

Guest UTOPY
New beta uploaded. Unless there is some unforeseen errors, this will be the next version of this rom.

Download links:

TWeak0.3.3-CM61-pulse

TWeak0.3.3-gapps-pulse

Please let me know if there are any problems with this rom. I am testing it, but I can't possibly find everything. See the first post for installation instructions.

Changelog:

ROM:

Minor fix in build.prop

GAPPS:

Updated Gmail /system

Updated Market /system

Updated Twitter /data

Updated RomManager /data

Installed A2SD gui /data

Note: if you are interested in a version of this rom without the Chinese support, let me know and I'll upload one.

Hello,

TWROCK thank you for this new version which went very well established.

Can you please draw your version for Europe (without Chinese fashion).

A2SDGUI with what setting you recommend to swap cache, Dalvik, LOWMEN?

What ZIPALIGN?

Thank you again for your job, I made ​​a tutorial for France to install your rom last few weeks. http://forum.frandroid.com/topic/36801-ins...e-13-mars-2011/

Thank you for everything

Regadza de France

Edited by UTOPY

Guest James Kei

Download links:

TWeak0.3.3-CM61-pulse

TWeak0.3.3-gapps-pulse

Changelog:

ROM:

Minor fix in build.prop

GAPPS:

Updated Gmail /system

Updated Market /system

Updated Twitter /data

Updated RomManager /data

Installed A2SD gui /data

Great job! thanks for update. I was using Ext2 for external SD partition.

by the way, do you work out telechips 8902 android pad as well ? I own a TCC89xx Android 2.1 7" pad. It has 700Mhz clock, run angry birds good. If will be nice to upgrade android OS to 2.2.1 like you just did.

cheer

Edited by James Kei

Guest twrock
Hello,

TWROCK thank you for this new version which went very well established.

Can you please draw your version for Europe (without Chinese fashion).

A2SDGUI with what setting you recommend to swap cache, Dalvik, LOWMEN?

What ZIPALIGN?

Thank you again for your job, I made ​​a tutorial for France to install your rom last few weeks.

Thank you for everything

Regadza de France

Ok, I will make a version without Chinese support, possibly tonight (my time).

For my recommended A2SD settings, see the second post in this thread (or the second post in the thread of the "Basic CM6.1 rom" thread; they are the same). I describe the settings there in detail.

However, my description of "how" to do it is using Terminal Emulator. A2SDGUI should make it easier for people to set those.

Guest twrock
by the way, do you work out telechips 8902 android pad as well ? I own a TCC89xx Android 2.1 update1 7" pad. It has 700Mhz clock, run angry birds good. If will be nice to upgrade android OS to 2.2.1 like you just did.

cheer

No, that would not be possible for me. I only do minor modifications to other people's roms. All of the real work to create this rom was done by Tom G. I am not a real developer.

Guest James Kei
No, that would not be possible for me. I only do minor modifications to other people's roms. All of the real work to create this rom was done by Tom G. I am not a real developer.

any advise howto OR where to look for ?

This tc89xx android pad has good hardware, just need for find a good ROM..... :D

I do have flash tools for this PAD, in case, custom do not works, I can always fallback....

Edited by James Kei

Guest UTOPY
Ok, I will make a version without Chinese support, possibly tonight (my time).

For my recommended A2SD settings, see the second post in this thread (or the second post in the thread of the "Basic CM6.1 rom" thread; they are the same). I describe the settings there in detail.

However, my description of "how" to do it is using Terminal Emulator. A2SDGUI should make it easier for people to set those.

Hello TWROCK

Ok for the settings is what I thought (not to change usual) but by using the module A2SDGUI without having to pass through the terminal emulator.

Thank you for your mod version without Chinese. Is it difficult for you to integrate your rom: Changed to Europe GPS NTP server (faster GPS fix); ANTONIOPT did in his cyanogenmodplus but I prefer your version of rom tweak.

What are the differences between Chinese and mod mod classic (aside from the android logo on startup and Chinese languages​​)?

http://forum.frandroid.com/topic/36801-ins...e-13-mars-2011/

Edited by UTOPY

Guest twrock
Hello TWROCK

Ok for the settings is what I thought (not to change usual) but by using the module A2SDGUI without having to pass through the terminal emulator.

Thank you for your mod version without Chinese. Is it difficult for you to integrate your rom: Changed to Europe GPS NTP server (faster GPS fix); ANTONIOPT did in his cyanogenmodplus but I prefer your version of rom tweak.

What are the differences between Chinese and mod mod classic (aside from the android logo on startup and Chinese languages​​)?

http://forum.frandroid.com/topic/36801-ins...e-13-mars-2011/

The only difference between the two roms is what you have said: the one has the boot animation, the other has Chinese handwriting and keyboard support. That is all.

Sorry, I don't know anything about the GPS issue. I don't know if that is more beneficial to everyone, or only users in Europe (and I am not in Europe). Have you told Antonio what you prefer about this rom? Maybe he can change his so you prefer it. :D

The "basic" version is being uploaded right now. Check that thread for the beta link shortly.

Guest James Kei
Version 0.3.3 of this rom released. The first post has been updated with links.

Enjoy.

TWROCK,

Read your 1st post, does not support U8230 model of phone? a friend of my using it, risking trying ?

thanks

James

Edited by James Kei

Guest twrock
TWROCK,

Read your 1st post, does not support U8230 model of phone? a friend of my using it, risking trying ?

thanks

James

Other people have used it on the U8230 just fine. I give that warning just so people who have trouble don't get mad at me. :D

There should be no risk if you make a backup first.

Guest twrock

I had installed it, and feel very well.

But I found a problem, everytime I turn off GPS, the gps status is still in the title bar.

I have not seen this bug myself, but many people have reported it. Others say it is a bug in all the CM roms, not just this one.

Edited by twrock

• 1 month later...
Guest twrock

Wow. I just had a look at my Mediafire statistics, and this rom has gone over 1000 downloads! That really surprises me, because I've not seen any of my mods targeting Chinese users go anywhere near that high (actually, none over 150). So can I take that as confirmation it's working OK?

Who are all you people? :P

Guest TaiwanCHT8k
Wow. I just had a look at my Mediafire statistics, and this rom has gone over 1000 downloads! That really surprises me, because I've not seen any of my mods targeting Chinese users go anywhere near that high (actually, none over 150). So can I take that as confirmation it's working OK?

Who are all you people? :rolleyes:

facebook users :P

there was a discount program targeting students last year,

which pushed CHT8000 into the "$0" category

Edited by TaiwanCHT8k

Guest Casterina

Who are all you people? :P

This rom is soo cool :rolleyes:

Guest twrock
facebook users :rolleyes:

there was a discount program targeting students last year,

which pushed CHT8000 into the "$0" category

<_< With a high enough monthly contract, isn't every phone $0?

Maybe everyone just got tired of the flaky 2.1 Huawei rom and knows there is no point in waiting for Huawei any more. :P

In any case, I'm glad I didn't waste my time making this mod and that people are using it.

Casterina, what would be really "cool" is if someone with the necessary skills could fix the GPS icon bug. (I know the front facing camera problem is not solvable without help from Huawei, so I have no hope for that.) But that GPS icon should be fixable.

Hmm, I wonder if there is any way to get Tom to spend a bit more time on the CM6 rom. I think all his time working on the Pulse rom is now devoted to CM7.

Guest Casterina
:rolleyes: With a high enough monthly contract, isn't every phone $0?

Maybe everyone just got tired of the flaky 2.1 Huawei rom and knows there is no point in waiting for Huawei any more. :P

In any case, I'm glad I didn't waste my time making this mod and that people are using it.

Casterina, what would be really "cool" is if someone with the necessary skills could fix the GPS icon bug. (I know the front facing camera problem is not solvable without help from Huawei, so I have no hope for that.) But that GPS icon should be fixable.

Hmm, I wonder if there is any way to get Tom to spend a bit more time on the CM6 rom. I think all his time working on the Pulse rom is now devoted to CM7.

Haha yeahh <_< But, i dont use GPS that much, other than that.. I love this rom (H)

• 2 months later...