16GB SD cards that definitely work

Guest stanno

Guest mad Barny

Bought a 16gb Kingston class 4 card from amazon. (link) It came with an SD card adapter. Working fine in my Swiss San Francisco.

Even though, I noticed that, having it connected into a card reader, it manages transfer rates of 4-4.5 mb/s. Having it within the phone connected via USB, I am lucky to get 500-700kb/s. With a lot of small files it is even slower.

Still reconsidering of giving it back.

But, in general, it is working ;)

Sandisk 16GB class 4 micro SDHC card from play.com (£15.99) works like a dream...

I would avoid the 50p saving by trying to get a play.com 16Gb as it didnt work for me in my blade, only in the PC...

My blade is an original OLED running pauls r11...

Can people please post their 16GB SD cards that are fully working with their Blade/OSF, and also where they got them. I'm already having to return the fist one I bought and don't want to have to buy others. I know there have been other threads about SD cards but it would be handy to have a list of ones that definitely work. Much appreciated.

Guest herbieuk
Hi, New to Android, bought two orange zte blades last week for my wife and I from argos. Before doing any research on memory ordered 8GB and 16GB cheapos from ebay. (both Joyflash SDHC class 2)

Ive put the custom jellyfish rls9 rom on mine phone and my wifes remains as the stock Orange.

Both the 8GB and the 16GB work perfectly in my wifes stock Orange.

Neither work in mine and as soon as i try to transfer data to them i get the sd card removed problem. (2GB Verbatim works fine)

Until reading this thread i assumed it was the custom ROM and was going to put the stock orange back on to see if it made a difference but it seems thats unlikely.

Dont want to gain a collection of these things but finger already hovering over the play buy button. (Now ordered a 16gb class 4 Sandisk from play will update when it arrives)

Cheers

Play.com Sandisk 16gb class 4 works perfectly. Different hardware in some phones ? strange that wifes phone works with both 16gb but mine only works with the Sandisk. Happy now anyway - thanks all for the sandisk tip.

Guest mcbainuk

I bought the Dane-elec 16Gb Class 4 from 7Dayshop and it doesn't work. Get the "unexpectedly unmounted" "preparing to mount" error....I've tried all of the things suggested and it won't work...

This is in an OLED San Francisco and I've tried it under Pauls 2.1 online kitchen and Seb's De-crossed 2.2.

Edited by mcbainuk

Guest OSF-MKD

Just to add that with my original Orange ROM'd SF a Play.com 16GB Class 4 card superficially worked just fine for a couple of weeks (including cloning the 2GB card onto it and some USB transfers in the phone and various activites) but then when I went to share a photo via Evernote the SF decided it did not like the 16GB card and went into unmount/remount/format-attempt ding-dong loops for the best part of half an hour (with a few power offs & physical reseating of card in between). It then settled down for the rest of the weekend, but clearly a time bomb stored up somewhere with it!

So jettisoning it and following the Sandisk 16GB Class 4 (£15.99 from Play.com) advice. (Will have to see how amenable Play.com are to my rejecting theirs.)

MKD

PS

Emailed Play.com (within 30 days of receipt of the card) and said not working properly in my OSF, as per others on the forums, and I'd like to return it for a refund (having ordered the Sandisk meanwhile) - they agreed immediately.

Edited by OSF-MKD

Bought a 16GB Class 4 from mymemory.co.uk - Working!

Got the damaged SD card message initially. This was remedied by formatting in Clockwork and transfering a file to the sd card on the pc and then reinserting to the phone. Worked like the charm.

My ownly gripe is that i'm only getting a little over 2mb transfer speed! Little less using the adaptor thingy to the pc.....1.5mb which was suprising!!!

I would have expected to get about 4-5mb on a class 4.

Just wondering if formatting to a different file system would help?? Im not sure what file system it formats when using clockwork.

Thanks

Guest cecanor
there is a list made by testing 44 different SD Cards from 2GB size to 32GB size. I tested 3 zte blades (bought from greece, one with stock rom, the others with custom roms) and 2 zte san fran (one with stocl orange rom, the other with rls8). All the devices have TFT screens, no oled in this test... and suprisingly, the test showed that the sd card compatibility issue has nothing to do with the rom version or the device model itself. If you wanna take a look at it, its over here (scroll down a bit, the results are written in bold).

Most of it is written in greek, but to give you an idea, we took all these cards and copied a large amount of data. Then tried to copy the files back to the PC. There were 2 iso files, one 1,5GB in size (for 2GB sd cards) and one 3GB in size (for the >4GB sd cards)... and after that, we updated the list with users experiences.

Since this list was posted, it served a lot of ppl that didnt know what sd card to buy that whould definitely work, and its now as accurate as it can be. Remember that green=the card works 100%, yellow=the card works with some ppl, but not working in most cases, red=the card is not working in any case.

http://www.myphone.gr/forum/showthread.php...587#post3473587

go and have a look if u dont know which card to buy...

I hope this wont be considered to be advertising, afterall, i'm not related with any e-shop or any company that sells these cards...

Did anybody try this class 10 for 16 pounds?

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronic...|prd:hotukdeals

Guest pelliott
My class4 16GB from play.com finally arrived!

Unformatted, it was recognised as "damaged" by Android (Paul's alpha 5) and it failed to be able to format it, so following tips here I booted into clockwork and formatted SD card from there, and that did the trick nicely.

I'm currently copying from my old 2G card (in USB reader) to the new 16G card (mounted in the phone via USB) and getting 2.3MB/s - 3MB/s. (I'm surprised that myold card is reading when plugged directly, as historically it has not done that since it was used in Android - but hey!)

I've copied a lot so far with no obvious problems. (I wonder if titanium backup will work better with this card)

This may help:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...d-anyone-tried/

There appears to be a hardware fault in the Qualcomm chipset for earlier versions of Blade ZTE that means they don't work with some higher speed memory cards.

Guest Jacqui Caren
As I expected, that made no difference.

I bought a cheapo novatech branded 16Gb card from thier Reading(UK) store and although they allowed me to test install the card before purchase I messed up

and bought it even though it had not actually mounted...

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/prods/c...0-msdh16g2.html

Anyway once I got home I stuck the card in a linux box and it told me the card had format errors. I tried reformatting on the linux box but hit problems so

took the easy way out and reformatted using a windows laptop via a usb dongle using standard windows GUI "format" command.

Stuck the card into the phone ZTE Racer (3branded/tesco direct) and it worked perfect.

So if you do try a 16GB card, try "vanilla", then format under windows FAT32 then format under ext2 - then return the card as defective :-)

Edited by Jacqui Caren

Guest Phoenix Silver

designer seems to use kingston, sandisk and other manufacturer cards

there are kingstons which work and other kingstons which not work

so it's a luck

I bought a Memory2Go Class 4 16GB from MemoryBits for £16.99 including postage.

Used gparted in Ubuntu to partition it (for a2sd), copied everything onto it from my old 8GB card and it's working great!

Well pleased :D