Guest stanno

Guest ronc2000
seconded - can anyone confirm working ?

currently on offer @ play - 13.99

play - lexar 16Gb micro SDHC

UPDATE:

HOTUKDEALS url with comments confirming it works:

Hotukdeals.com - lexar 16Gb micro sd

You have to be carefull when buying memory cards off ebay.

There are many fakes - fake brand, fake spped, and worse still fake capacity. It is just too easy.

In many cases even the sellers do not know they are fakes.

Memory cards is very much standard in spec and price all over the world.

The bottom line is: if the price is too good to be true, it surely is.

I would buy memory cards only at reputable local stores so you can take it back for replace/refund immediately if something goes wrong.

Edited by ronc2000

Guest SnowblindFIN

Purchased Kingston 8gb MicroSDHC class 4 from mymemory.co.uk

Does NOT work on blade, but works on my Nokia etc.

Tried formatting it to fat16,fat32,ext2,3,4 but phone doesn't even recognize it.

Is there anything i can do about this?

Why it doesn't even notice the card, shouldn't every card be compatible with everything wich supports SDHC?

Guest johnothehut
I bought the Class 10 16GB from lowrpicememory and it was fine.

Until yesterday! It lasted about 6 days then failed completely, phone cant read it, PC cant read it, so sending it back to be replaced. Hope it is a one off problem!

I'm there with you. Tried all sorts of diagnostic tools and can't get anything to find it so I can't even format it. Do you have the an early OLED SF? I heard the early ones have a different chipset which is really picky about memory cards.

Guest twatter
I bought the Class 10 16GB from lowrpicememory and it was fine.

Until yesterday! It lasted about 6 days then failed completely, phone cant read it, PC cant read it, so sending it back to be replaced. Hope it is a one off problem!

I have this card and an OLED SF....no issues, I've ran loads of tests etc (class 10, need for speed)...

It seems that card has failed and hopefully its a one off...

Any issues with the replacement, please report back

Guest Mushroom_Lord
I have this card and an OLED SF....no issues, I've ran loads of tests etc (class 10, need for speed)...

It seems that card has failed and hopefully its a one off...

Any issues with the replacement, please report back

yes, that card is abysmally cheap considering it has BOTH high storage and high speeds. What sort of read write speeds could you achieve on this card?

Guest manit40
Purchased Kingston 8gb MicroSDHC class 4 from mymemory.co.uk

Does NOT work on blade, but works on my Nokia etc.

Tried formatting it to fat16,fat32,ext2,3,4 but phone doesn't even recognize it.

Is there anything i can do about this?

Why it doesn't even notice the card, shouldn't every card be compatible with everything wich supports SDHC?

yeah my 8 gig kingston did the same so got rid of it and bought a sandisk 4 & 8 gig class 4 from play.com works great stick to a well known make dont buy the cheep stuff dont buy the stuff on ebay a lof of them are fakes buy from a good store etc :D

Edited by manit40

Guest Mushroom_Lord
yeah my 8 gig kingston did the same so got rid of it and bought a sandisk from play.com works great :D

most interesting, the 8gb kinston class 4 works fine on my blade. Had a tocco, and it worked, put it in my blade, still works. Most interesting indeed. What class/ capacity is your sandisk?

Guest Mushroom_Lord

BUMPING this old thread :D

Now I was wondering...

Many of you CAN'T get 16gb cards to work O.o

But do some brands work, and other don't.. ON THE SAME BLADE.

Eg, If I had a kingston that didn't work, but a sandisk did.

Because I think many people blame the branding on the card....

I was thinking that purely some blades can't handle 16gb cards ( or maybe sdhc at all )

Guest hugobosslives

Have we decided yet what makes these sd cards work or not work on certain phones?

is it hardware related or software. I have two which i put onto the same rom and there only difference is being B05 or B08 and only one of them (the B05) takes my 16gb the (above) lexar card......

Guest Tongar
Can people please post their 16GB SD cards that are fully working with their Blade/OSF, and also where they got them. I'm already having to return the fist one I bought and don't want to have to buy others. I know there have been other threads about SD cards but it would be handy to have a list of ones that definitely work. Much appreciated.

I've got Silicon Power 16Gb MicroSDHC class 6

works good, no problems for 3 weeks

Guest apuk2004

Had this reply from Kingston regards my non-working 16gb Kingston micro-sdhc card...

"We have checked our stock for an alternative build with a different controller to the micro SD card that you have and have come up empty.

All of the stock is the same build as your card and the latest shipment from our Far East facility also has the same build type.

I then checked with our R&D Team to ask them if they have any information about the compatibility of this phone and whether or not there are any plans to support this model in the future.

The feedback was that they were aware of this particular model but that they were unable to guarantee compatibility with our flash card products and therefore would not be adding this phone to the list of supported models for the time being.

That status may change as the technology develops, but for the time being, I regret that we will not be able to provide you with a working flash upgrade solution for this mobile phone.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Kind regards

Mike Fluegel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kingston Technology

European Technical Support Engineer, EMEA

Email: [email protected]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------"

Looks like i'll be putting mine on ebay then :-(

Guest andy9876

I upgraded my memory from 2gb to 16gb clas 4 PNY card from Play.com. I wiped everything and set up ext2 at 500mb. This all works but sometimes the phone will start mounting then unmounting the memory card and then it will stop working. The only way to fix it is to reset the phone by taking the battery out.

Is this the fault of the card, the way I have set up the phone or tempearture as it appears that the failt occurs more when the phone is hot?

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

It also will not allow me to copy large files from my PC via a usb cable to the phone

Guest Gounadive
I upgraded my memory from 2gb to 16gb clas 4 PNY card from Play.com. I wiped everything and set up ext2 at 500mb. This all works but sometimes the phone will start mounting then unmounting the memory card and then it will stop working. The only way to fix it is to reset the phone by taking the battery out.

Is this the fault of the card, the way I have set up the phone or tempearture as it appears that the failt occurs more when the phone is hot?

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

It also will not allow me to copy large files from my PC via a usb cable to the phone

I've been reading this thread with interest and come to the conclusion that 16gb cards are just hit & miss as to wether they work or not. The manual that came with the phone does state that the phone only supports up to 8GB. So I think I'll go for an 8gb card.

Guest andy9876
I've been reading this thread with interest and come to the conclusion that 16gb cards are just hit & miss as to wether they work or not. The manual that came with the phone does state that the phone only supports up to 8GB. So I think I'll go for an 8gb card.

The 16 GB card I bought works most of the time. It appears to become unreliable when the phone gets hot. I have been able to use Titanium back up and have loaded new roms from it using Clockwork. However sometimes it really is unstable.