[ROM] 31/Dec r0.3: de-softened ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [froyo] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404
Seb's site is back online but a bit slow at the moment

They are still not sure whats going on ,but they have done something...

I notice a few other sites are down/slow today... github being noticeable problematic...

either its the first day back at work blues for everyone, or the start of apocalypse 1 year early....

Guest That-Guy

Just a little feedback about this ROM....

It is very fast and slick compared to the 2.1 Stock version. I have had no crashes or lock ups which is great.

Only problem I have had is with the Alarm Clock, it goes off fine but the screen does not come on so I have to turn the screen on before I can turn off the alarm.

Anyone experiencing this?

Guest lordofangels
They are still not sure whats going on ,but they have done something...

I notice a few other sites are down/slow today... github being noticeable problematic...

either its the first day back at work blues for everyone, or the start of apocalypse 1 year early....

Apocalypse early :unsure:

Great film that 2012, don't think it's true though do you?

Guest Sebastian404
Only problem I have had is with the Alarm Clock...

Ah, what you have done there is mixed up your iPhone and your Blade....

Steve says it will work tomorrow... yeah he said that today too, but well.... never mind!

Apocalypse early :unsure:

Great film that 2012, don't think it's true though do you?

Why do you think I moved to the Bay Area.. I want to be able to yell ' CALIFORNIA IS GOING DOWN '!!!

Guest lordofangels

Steve says it will work tomorrow... yeah he said that today too, but well.... never mind!

Why do you think I moved to the Bay Area.. I want to be able to yell ' CALIFORNIA IS GOING DOWN '!!!

Oh yes, when the old San Andreas Fault fault goes, byebye CA

Guest jt_mcg

As Maynard from Tool said, "Learn to Swim!"

BTW keep up the good work!

Guest That-Guy

Erm not following this at all so will just agree :unsure:

Guest Sebastian404
Oh yes, when the old San Andreas Fault fault goes, byebye CA

California... or "Arizona Bay" as it will be called...

Its amazing how people just don't care or notice the earth tremors that happen, or the fact they are living between a potential Super Volcano (Yellowstone) and the large number of undersea volcanoes off the coast...

Still the weather is nice.

Guest Len Ash
Can anyone tell me pls how to:

Hardware acceleration on?

VM heap size set to 32m?

Can i do it with root explore?

Edit /system/build.prop with ADB... loads of "How Tos" around.

I tend to pull, edit, remount, push. 2 minutes.

debug.sf.hw=1

dalvik.vm.heapsize=32m

Edited by Len Ash

Guest Len Ash
You can change the VM Heap size with this App:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803470

But not HW accel.

Use ADB

I'm not a fan of HW accel - pointless on these "phones" and have yet to quantify or be convinced of the TRUE pros and cons - I'm more concerned about the crappy WiFi and the case/switches/connectors falling apart after a few weeks... yer pays yer money....

Edited by Len Ash

Guest JBSCARFACE
But not HW accel.

Use ADB

I'm not a fan of HW accel - pointless on these "phones" and have yet to quantify or be convinced of the TRUE pros and cons - I'm more concerned about the crappy WiFi and the case/switches/connectors falling apart after a few weeks... yer pays yer money....

OK i found the best way with root explore build prep edit than save then restart. THx for help..

Guest Rotmann
You want to leave stagefright http disabled or you'll have problems with youtube HQ vids among other things. I really don't think you'll notice much difference overall in usage, those tweaks seem to game quadrant more than anything else!

thank you Rotmann so much for such a detailed instruction!

I have just corrected my guide, jt_mcg is right, with stagefright.http set on true HQ Youtube videos get a funny colored bar at the top, changing it to false and restarting did solve the problem.

Guest xionation

Any reason as to why i get

E:Board does not support mtd utils.E:Failure at line 19:

write_raw_image PACKAGE:boot.img BOOT:

Installation aborted

Thanks in advance

Guest Sebastian404

Installation aborted

Thanks in advance

Your using an old version of clockworkmod recovery, upgrade to 2.5.1.8

Guest xionation

Installation aborted

Thanks in advance

Your using an old version of clockworkmod recovery, upgrade to 2.5.1.8

Thanks you so much! installed now !

Thanks for the great work i hope you keep it up

hi

This is my rom of choice it its more stable than others, has right amount of apps included not lots I don't use :unsure:

any how, how do I activate / install the native Wifi Hotspot / tethering any help pointers would be great

cheers

Guest strat.minger
hi

This is my rom of choice it its more stable than others, has right amount of apps included not lots I don't use :unsure:

any how, how do I activate / install the native Wifi Hotspot / tethering any help pointers would be great

cheers

+1 for this. Just installed and it is the only thing that I can't seem to find!

Guest jt_mcg

Using a theme for JJRLS 3+ in Frankish's new themes thread allows WiFi tethering on this ROM (at least it did for me on r0.2). I still don't seem to see it in the menu's but the Wifi tethering toggle on switch pro and maybe other power control widgets like widgetsoid can turn it on. It then shows in the notification area and you can get to it and configure it from there.

Back up first, pick a theme you like and install as instructed by Frankish, reboot and it's should work as I've described!

Guest strat.minger
Using a theme for JJRLS 3+ in Frankish's new themes thread allows WiFi tethering on this ROM (at least it did for me on r0.2). I still don't seem to see it in the menu's but the Wifi tethering toggle on switch pro and maybe other power control widgets like widgetsoid can turn it on. It then shows in the notification area and you can get to it and configure it from there.

Back up first, pick a theme you like and install as instructed by Frankish, reboot and it's should work as I've described!

Its also in tethering and portable hotspot which is in the wireless and network settings!

Any ideas why it only works after a theme has been applied?

Guest jt_mcg
Its also in tethering and portable hotspot which is in the wireless and network settings!

Any ideas why it only works after a theme has been applied?

The fix was found by modifying files in framework-res.apk by kallt_kaffe on his JJ ROM, frankish then updated his themes with the fix.

I'm on r0.2 and I don't seem to have that in my wireless and network settings dialogue. I'm presuming settings.apk and settingsprovider.apk have been updated to reflect that in r0.3 but not the changes in (resources.arc?) in framework-res.apk

Hi,

Is anybody else having a problem with the keyboard?

The first problem is I don’t see any word prediction / completion even though the options are enabled.

Secondly it will not give me the option to select an alternate keyboard. When I long press the text entry box it gives me the option to select an input method but the only option I get is to select the standard Android keyboard. I have tried using TouchPal and the Gingerbread APK from the JJR4 ROM.

Ideally I would love to see the Gingerbread keyboard as standard because it is head and shoulders above any other I’ve tried.

Guest Autarch
The fix was found by modifying files in framework-res.apk by kallt_kaffe on his JJ ROM, frankish then updated his themes with the fix.

I'm on r0.2 and I don't seem to have that in my wireless and network settings dialogue. I'm presuming settings.apk and settingsprovider.apk have been updated to reflect that in r0.3 but not the changes in (resources.arc?) in framework-res.apk

Hi I've just installed this as my first ROM without problems :unsure: - thanks to Seb and others for their work!

However I'm missing the VPN dialog from settings, although com.android.server.vpn.apk is in /system/app.

Is this related to the above settings.apk/settingsprovider.apk issue?