[ROM] 31/Dec r0.3: de-softened ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [froyo] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404
The fix was found by modifying files in framework-res.apk by kallt_kaffe on his JJ ROM, frankish then updated his themes with the fix.

I'm on r0.2 and I don't seem to have that in my wireless and network settings dialogue. I'm presuming settings.apk and settingsprovider.apk have been updated to reflect that in r0.3 but not the changes in (resources.arc?) in framework-res.apk

Im not sure what you guys are on about....

I'm using a 'out of the box' version of 0.3....

Menu -> Settings -> Wireless & networks -> Tethering & portable hotspots - > Portable Wi-Fi hotspot

works fine for me

Guest That-Guy

Menu -> Settings -> Wireless & networks -> Tethering & portable hotspots - > Portable Wi-Fi hotspot

works fine for me

Yep works fine for me too :unsure:

Tested last night just to be sure!

Guest Rotmann
Hi,

Is anybody else having a problem with the keyboard?

The first problem is I don’t see any word prediction / completion even though the options are enabled.

Secondly it will not give me the option to select an alternate keyboard. When I long press the text entry box it gives me the option to select an input method but the only option I get is to select the standard Android keyboard. I have tried using TouchPal and the Gingerbread APK from the JJR4 ROM.

Ideally I would love to see the Gingerbread keyboard as standard because it is head and shoulders above any other I’ve tried.

Did you enable it first in the phone settings? Enable it and then long press in a text entry box.

Did you enable it first in the phone settings? Enable it and then long press in a text entry box.

Yes, i thought it was odd that other keyboards didn't show up as well.

It did cross my mind that something had gone south when the Japanese keyboard was removed.

Guest jt_mcg

works fine for me

I'm still on 0.2, should that be in 0.2, am I missing something?

Guest That-Guy
I'm still on 0.2, should that be in 0.2, am I missing something?

I am guessing that because seb replaced this:

com.android.settings (2.2)

in r0.3 of his ROM it will only be in r0.3 and above. I think the above file is for the settings menu :unsure:

You maybe able to download r0.3 and extract that file and add to the current rom you are running using Root Explorer but you may want to check this with Seb first B)

Edited by That-Guy

Guest Sebastian404
Just about to do that myself B)

Also the "My Maps Editor" closes itself so will be removing that with Root Explorer too :unsure:

Yeah, that's stupid design on goggles part, if you don't have any saved routes/map it does that... you need installed so you can access it via the Maps app, and then save your routes/maps, THEN it will work as you'd expect... too much hard work to have a warning dialogue it seems.

Guest Sebastian404
I am guessing that because seb replaced this:

com.android.settings (2.2)

in r0.3 of his ROM it will only be in r0.3 and above. I think the above file is for the settings menu :unsure:

You maybe able to download r0.3 and extract that file and add to the current rom you are running using Root Explorer but you may want to check this with Seb first B)

you should update to 0.3.... if you want do a backup in clockworkmod first and then an 'advanced' restore of everything apart from the system.

Guest strat.minger

Ok hope someone can help,

basically if I press the volume key I get a sort of 'soft reboot', the screen freezes then I get the android logo (letters) and then it comes back up - sometimes i get nothing but a black screen with the notification bar when I unlock. It was working fine after the initial install!

I am using Frankish's gingerbread theme but i am sure it was working before installing that.

Is there anyway of reinstalling the ROM without losing all my apps? Not bothered about settings etc... cause they are easy to reinstall! [edit] - Titanium Backup seems to be what I wanted for this!

Cheers

Strat

[edit 2] - Just reinstalled the ROM, reinstalled the theme and my apps, and now I don't have the issue!

Edited by strat.minger

Guest tanivula

Hi Seb, I tried to extract the gingerbread keyboard apk from one of the other froyo roms and install it on your 0.3 release without any luck. Any ideas where things are going wrong?

First try out with 0.3 is that it's really smooth, responsive and very minimalistic (in a good way for the most part). Good work man.

edit:

managed to get it going by installing the version from http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...bread-keyboard/

all good mate!

Edited by tanivula

Hi Seb, I tried to extract the gingerbread keyboard apk from one of the other froyo roms and install it on your 0.3 release without any luck. Any ideas where things are going wrong?

First try out with 0.3 is that it's really smooth, responsive and very minimalistic (in a good way for the most part). Good work man.

edit:

managed to get it going by installing the version from http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...bread-keyboard/

all good mate!

Hi I tried that one and got FCs all over the place. Which method did you use to install it?

Guest Chris_04

Just wanted to add that I am very impressed with the rom.

Installation via the clockwork recovery was quick and simple, and I am really pleased with the results. The phone seems a lot snappier with 2.2 than it did with 2.1.

Thanks again

Chris

Guest jt_mcg
you should update to 0.3.... if you want do a backup in clockworkmod first and then an 'advanced' restore of everything apart from the system.

Went smooth thanks, all settings are visible now and r0.3 "out of the box" is quite a nice ROM.

Thanks again for providing such good work!

Guest mobiwan
can any 1 help. cant get t mobile apn 2 work. there is a permenent tmobile and virgin apn built on to this rom cant delete them.

Hi Guys,

Excellent ROM man!!

However, Im getting a similar issue as above:

I'm on Virgin and the default APN settings for both VM and T-Mobile on the v0.2 don't seem to work.

When creating a new APN, with details taken from their VM's site (essentially just changes the apn type to 'internet') it will not let me select the the new APN, it just switches back to the default T-Mobile one.

If changing the apn type to be default, then it does let me select the new apn it but then does not work.

Will not let remove any of the default apn's either.

Any one else got Virgin Mobile internet working on this ROM?

Edited by mobiwan

Guest That-Guy
Hi Guys,

Excellent ROM man!!

However, Im getting a similar issue as above:

I'm on Virgin and the default APN settings for both VM and T-Mobile on the v0.2 don't seem to work.

When creating a new APN, with details taken from their VM's site (essentially just changes the apn type to 'internet') it will not let me select the the new APN, it just switches back to the default T-Mobile one.

If changing the apn type to be default, then it does let me select the new apn it but then does not work.

Will not let remove any of the default apn's either.

Any one else got Virgin Mobile internet working on this ROM?

Download "APN Backup & Restore" from the market place:

http://www.androlib.com/android.applicatio...store-qAwz.aspx

Use it to remove all installed APNs and then setup a new one.

That worked for me :unsure:

Guest yadabwoy

having problems with this rom it doesnt go online with t-mobile uk I tried the jellyfish lite rom and it worked but the 3g connection is very limited coud someone add a update.zip or repack the rom with correct settings for t-mobile please

Guest MroziQ

Guys how to change HW_UI and Stagefright in build.prop file? What shall I edit and what programm should I use? I found build.prop in Root Explorer.

Guest tanivula
Hi I tried that one and got FCs all over the place. Which method did you use to install it?

umm, whole process was:

wipe partition and cache, install r0.3, reboot, install galaxy theme, reboot, copy gingerbread apk file onto sdcard and open using filer.

I did a few things in build.prop in ubuntu before flashing r0.3 - hw accel, change default timezone and the vm heap size. not sure if this has anything to do with the FCs you're getting.

You could try downloading the apk again and see if the md5 hashs are the same for both files.

Edited by tanivula

umm, whole process was:

wipe partition and cache, install r0.3, reboot, install galaxy theme, reboot, copy gingerbread apk file onto sdcard and open using filer.

I did a few things in build.prop in ubuntu before flashing r0.3 - hw accel, change default timezone and the vm heap size. not sure if this has anything to do with the FCs you're getting.

You could try downloading the apk again and see if the md5 hashs are the same for both files.

Thanks for the info. I dont know if HW accel or vm heap would do it, i think i will have a go with a theme and try again.

Guest manderson23

I attempted to upgrade from the de-bouyguesed to this ROM tonight. The ROM upgrade itself was fine however after restoring the my missing apps and system data from 2.1 using Titanium Backup I kept getting loops of force closes on android.process.acore. I followed the instructions at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=1 for restoring using Titanium Backup (using step 8b). I tried performing the factory reset both before and after the applying the ROM but with the same result.

Searching on the forums I found suggestions to exclude any non-market apps and dialer related items from the Titanium Backup restore but this did not resolve the issue either.

Has anyone successfully upgraded from the de-bouyguesed ROM? Are the force closes related to some settings I am restoring from Titanium Backup?

Just tried installing r0.3 on top of r0.2. I wiped all first, formatted a new SD card and clockwork (2.5.1.8) the zip.

I got the following message:

set_perm_recursive 0 0 0755 0755 SYSTEM:xbin

Installation aborted

Any idea what this could be please ?

EDIT: I did check checksum before applying obviously.

EDIT2: Don't know if it was a partition issue because i tried to update this from installing volcano2 which installs seb r0.2 by default. I had to fix via the hungarian fix and now i've loaded sebs r8 and all is back to normal.

Still would like to know why the update from volcano2 to sebs r0.3 failed with the error above though !

Edited by xzyk

Guest Rotmann
Guys how to change HW_UI and Stagefright in build.prop file? What shall I edit and what programm should I use? I found build.prop in Root Explorer.

Look a few pages back, I wrote a guide.

I attempted to upgrade from the de-bouyguesed to this ROM tonight. The ROM upgrade itself was fine however after restoring the my missing apps and system data from 2.1 using Titanium Backup I kept getting loops of force closes on android.process.acore. I followed the instructions at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=1 for restoring using Titanium Backup (using step 8b). I tried performing the factory reset both before and after the applying the ROM but with the same result.

Searching on the forums I found suggestions to exclude any non-market apps and dialer related items from the Titanium Backup restore but this did not resolve the issue either.

Has anyone successfully upgraded from the de-bouyguesed ROM? Are the force closes related to some settings I am restoring from Titanium Backup?

Don't restore system apps as they are different from the 2.2 ones and you will screw your system.

@xyzk, download from the links from That Guy a few pages back, I think the link in the first post is broken.

@Sebastian404 - why don't you rename your ROM to "CLEAN", i think desoftened is not a good term and scares away many users from the best 2.2 out there B)

Edit: why do you write that this ROM is not to be used as a primary one? With so many happy users I would delete that :unsure:

Edited by Rotmann