[ROM] 31/Dec r0.3: de-softened ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [froyo] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest manderson23
Don't restore system apps as they are different from the 2.2 ones and you will screw your system.

I made sure that I did not select any missing apps that seemed to be system related (that I had not explicitly downloaded from the market). I'm pretty sure that it was only settings for system apps that I restored and I thought that this should be OK?

Maybe I need to spend some time trying to restore each set of settings individually to see what ones trigger the force close.

Guest Rotmann

IMHO you should not restore any system apps from 2.1 to 2.2. Some people had problems restoring system apps from 2.2 to another 2.2. Restore the user apps and change the system settings manually,

Guest manderson23
IMHO you should not restore any system apps from 2.1 to 2.2. Some people had problems restoring system apps from 2.2 to another 2.2. Restore the user apps and change the system settings manually,

That's not ideal. I'm not bothered about setting some stuff up again but would at least like to take my text messages and browser bookmarks. Are there any other ways to backup/migrate these between ROMs?

Guest cbrpaul

I was waiting for the official 2.2 rom , but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, well ,,,,,,,,,,,, could be a while yet :-(

So im thinking of moving to sebs rom from 2.1 bladevillan, in the meatime,

Before i go for it :unsure:

generally it appears a very good stable fast rom ( good work seb, thx ) , but are there any current issues with it , i need to know about please ? before i slap it in B)

thx

Edited by cbrpaul

Guest mobiwan
I tried this but still no luck connecting to the T-mobile APN, anyone got any ideas?

Virgin Mobile use the T-Mobile network, and I cannot get the Virgin one to work.

I tried, removing APN also and creating a new one no joy.

Tried the T-Mobile APN - no joy.

I have upgraded to r0.3 - no joy.

I tried an orange sim in this rom and it worked fine. I tried the Virgin sim in my Nexus One an it worked fine also, but just not on this rom on SF.

I too am stuck, it seems T-Mobile/Virgin Mobile apn has issues with this ROM.

Anyone got T-Mobile/Virgin working?

Other than that - looks like a very smooth ROM.

Edited by mobiwan

Guest Sebastian404
Still would like to know why the update from volcano2 to sebs r0.3 failed with the error above though !

The 'volcano2' resizes your partition layout... and you cant install this rom to your system partition as it is no longer big enough...

Guest Sebastian404

To Join in the 'fun', I've included an update.zip that if you apply to your device, will upgrade it to a 2.6.32 kernel... should fix most issues...

To Join in the 'fun', I've included an update.zip that if you apply to your device, will upgrade it to a 2.6.32 kernel... should fix most issues...

Just applied it. At first didn't get the leds on, but i toggled Auto Brightness and now they work fine.. First reported fix...

Guest Rotmann

Thanks a lot, brilliant! Could you tell us what are the next steps in your development? :unsure:

Guest yadabwoy

how can I get this to work with t-mobile uk I get a signal but no 3g coverage meaning no internet ? really like this rom as its nice and clean ..

Guest Sebastian404
Thanks a lot, brilliant! Could you tell us what are the next steps in your development? :unsure:

I think we're about there... I'm going to add/replicate the work to add shut down to the power menu, and look into the VPN thing.. and check the problems people are having with APNs

but Im not sure there is anything left to fix/add

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404
how can I get this to work with t-mobile uk I get a signal but no 3g coverage meaning no internet ? really like this rom as its nice and clean ..

you can make calls?

if you goto settings -> Wireless & networks -> Mobile networks -> GSM/UMTS Options -> Access Point Names...

have you got any showing up? if not try menu->Reset to default... any better?

Guest yadabwoy
you can make calls?

if you goto settings -> Wireless & networks -> Mobile networks -> GSM/UMTS Options -> Access Point Names...

have you got any showing up? if not try menu->Reset to default... any better?

yeah i can make calls but it just wont work with the internet 3g but wifi is fine could you use pauls modaco apns xml file maybe as his one works fine or is that not the issue I did try to unzip it replace swap the file system/etc/apns-conf.xml with pauls but when i zipped it back up it wont flash. I have added the file which I think is needed in this rom.

apns_conf.xml

Edited by yadabwoy

Guest Sebastian404
yeah i can make calls but it just wont work with the internet 3g but wifi is fine could you use pauls modaco apns xml file maybe as his one works fine or is that not the issue I did try to unzip it replace swap the file system/etc/apns-conf.xml with pauls but when i zipped it back up it wont flash. I have added the file which I think is needed in this rom.

I used the CyganMod APN's... mostly because the other one I was using was getting complaints from asian guys.....

when you got into the APN settings are anything showing up?

Guest yadabwoy
I used the CyganMod APN's... mostly because the other one I was using was getting complaints from asian guys.....

when you got into the APN settings are anything showing up?

yes i get t-mobile but you cant edit or replace event tried apn backup restore app with no luck im sure quite a few uk users have had issues with this can you somehow repack it with pauls modaco settings please for us uk t-mobile users :unsure:

Guest pinglis

thanks for all your hard work . Using the r02 version of this rom with no issues.

would the kernel update work with this? and if so where do i get it (possible just me being thick) but i cant see a link anywhere

thanks in advance

Guest leetron1

Hi..anyone know if the radio is fixed please>> Thanks a bunch sebastian for all your savvy efforts...

Edited by leetron1

Guest Sebastian404
yes i get t-mobile but you cant edit or replace event tried apn backup restore app with no luck im sure quite a few uk users have had issues with this can you somehow repack it with pauls modaco settings please for us uk t-mobile users :unsure:

looking at the apn-conf.xml from my device

<apn carrier="T-Mobile UK" mcc="234" mnc="30" apn="general.t-mobile.uk" user="t-mobile" password="tm" server="*" mmsc="http://mmsc.t-mobile.co.uk:8002" mmsproxy="149.254.201.135" mmsport="8080" type="default,supl,mms" />
and the one you posted
<apn carrier="T-Mobile UK" mcc="234" mnc="30" apn="general.t-mobile.uk" user="t-mobile" password="tm" server="*" mmsc="http://mmsc.t-mobile.co.uk:8002" mmsproxy="149.254.201.135" mmsport="8080" type="default,supl,mms"/>

looks the same to me...

have you got ADB working with your device?

Edited by Sebastian404

Sebastian404,

I run this rom day to day on two phones with only insignificant issues (and these could well be fixed by the update which I have not applied yet). It is superior in every way to the stock Orange rom and makes a real difference to the phone.

Thank you (and those whos work you have used) for your efforts.