[ROM] 31/Dec r0.3: de-softened ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [froyo] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest yadabwoy
looking at the apn-conf.xml from my device

<apn carrier="T-Mobile UK" mcc="234" mnc="30" apn="general.t-mobile.uk" user="t-mobile" password="tm" server="*" mmsc="http://mmsc.t-mobile.co.uk:8002" mmsproxy="149.254.201.135" mmsport="8080" type="default,supl,mms" />
and the one you posted
<apn carrier="T-Mobile UK" mcc="234" mnc="30" apn="general.t-mobile.uk" user="t-mobile" password="tm" server="*" mmsc="http://mmsc.t-mobile.co.uk:8002" mmsproxy="149.254.201.135" mmsport="8080" type="default,supl,mms"/>

looks the same to me...

have you got ADB working with your device?

hmmm strange why it wont work even with the jellyfish rom i get real bad coverage it keeps dropping calls and 3g is very limited but with yours 3g wont work at all I havent tried adb on my phone yet no but had on my hero so could hook it up might just wait for a more solid release but this one seemed good enought thanks to your great work oh well im going back to 2.1 i guess ...

Guest Sebastian404
hmmm strange why it wont work even with the jellyfish rom i get real bad coverage it keeps dropping calls and 3g is very limited but with yours 3g wont work at all I havent tried adb on my phone yet no but had on my hero so could hook it up might just wait for a more solid release but this one seemed good enought thanks to your great work oh well im going back to 2.1 i guess ...

I will download and check the APN from KK's release and see if thats any different

Guest yadabwoy
I will download and check the APN from KK's release and see if thats any different

ok cool will keep my eyes open for an update , keep up the excellent work like your roms they are nice and clean :unsure:

Guest Sebastian404
also something i noticed which is nothing major but the power down tab is smaller than the others

thats something you have to take up with Google. its thier UI design.. its because it does not have a comment field...

also... DOOD! your OCD is worse than mine!

Guest jt_mcg
thats something you have to take up with Google. its thier UI design.. its because it does not have a comment field...

Annoyed me too! Add a field with an empty comment maybe, or text in the same color as the background.... j/k!

Anyone's WiFi keeping connection with the updated kernel/boot.img?

Mine still drops, although the LEDs are fixed.

Thanks for the great work Sebastian

Thanks for the new kernel, applied it and the leds came on instantly. :unsure:

First thank you for the great rom!

How do i apply the update?

I copied the update zip-file to sd-card.

Ich used clockwork (2.5.1.8) "apply sdcard:update.zip" but leds wont work.

Did i do something wrong? What do i have to do?

Thank you for your help.

Guest jt_mcg

Thank you for your help.

I had to turn on, then off then on again auto brightness and it worked.

Now it works as normal consistently so far.

edit: Also if you're in a bright room, place your entire finger across where it says san francisco!

Edited by jt_mcg

Guest Sebastian404

Thank you for your help.

ern... how did you get the firmware on there in the first place? 'select zip from sdcard'

Guest isambard

i'm glad i wasn't the only one who was annoyed by the power down option being smaller. though from a practical point of view, it does make it harder to hit that damn button :unsure:

Guest jt_mcg
ern... how did you get the firmware on there in the first place? 'select zip from sdcard'

missed that part... what Seb said, and then put your finger over it etc!

Yes, that is right.

Kernel Version is shown as 2.6.32.9-perf.

I renamed the file to "update.zip" an tried it agein but still no led lights.

Guest Rotmann

My wife just had the first lock screen on the old kernel since using this ROM from day one. The new kernel came just in time :unsure: Sebastian, are you planning to release a final version with the new Kernel and the whole fixes? Or the new kernel will remain only as a zip to flash?

Guest Sebastian404
ok cool will keep my eyes open for an update , keep up the excellent work like your roms they are nice and clean :unsure:

Ok looking at both roms...

r0.3_update_de-softened_blade_signed.zip

<apn carrier="T-Mobile UK" mcc="234" mnc="30" apn="general.t-mobile.uk" user="t-mobile" password="tm" server="*" mmsc="http://mmsc.t-mobile.co.uk:8002" mmsproxy="149.254.201.135" mmsport="8080" type="default,supl,mms" />
Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS4_lite.zip

So I don't think its that....

on your Lock Screen, at the top left, what text are you getting for your carrier name?

Guest reddwarfiscool

This rom looks the biz. Thanks Seb.

However, one small problem. When I go to type a text the suggested word feature doesn't work, but yet all the settings are correctly setup?

Any thoughts anyone?

Edited by reddwarfiscool

Guest Rotmann

Just to get rid of the confusion, will there be another kernel source code release for the chinese Blade? If yes could it bring any benefits over this one?

Edited by Rotmann

Just to get rid of the confusion, will there be another kernel source code release for the chinese Blade? If yes could it bring any benefits over this one?

I suspect not. ZTE previously has released one kernel per android version rather than one per device.

Guest That-Guy
To Join in the 'fun', I've included an update.zip that if you apply to your device, will upgrade it to a 2.6.32 kernel... should fix most issues...

Excellent Thanks Mate!

Top Job :unsure:

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Anyone got any reports on power usage with this kernal? Any better, especially in relation to the touch issue...I don't know if it exists on this ROM, of course, but it might be a battery draining factor.

Guest That-Guy

Not sure if this is me doing something or not but. . . .

When I load the radio I then click the power button to turn it off, I then exit. Now even though I am not in the Radio App the volume keys still only adjust the media volume.

I have to load task manager and kill the Radio App.

Anyone else get this problem?