[ROM] 31/Dec r0.3: de-softened ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [froyo] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404
Do you think you can sort this fingerprint issue?

I noticed you in Portugal... your not going to have access to the full Marketplace anyway, it depends on your carrier as well as the finger print... google marketplace limits what you can see/buy based on a bunch of things.. like your carrier.. SKYPE was blocked on a lot of carriers for example.

there IS no 'legitimate' version of the Blade running Froy/2.2 outside of the stock device on Softbank in Japan, so it really does not matter what we put in the fingerprint as its not going to get you the full marketplace content.

Edited by Sebastian404

I see, thank you, Seb! :P

Thanks for all your work also!

EDIT: So all ROMs based on the Jap/Chi ROMs will have these issues, right?

Although this probably doesn't have a very significant impact. And now I finally understand why there were some Chinese apps showing up in "my" marketplace. :D

Edited by manji

Guest Sebastian404
I see, thank you, Seb! :P

Thanks for all your work also!

EDIT: So all ROMs based on the Jap/Chi ROMs will have these issues, right?

Although this probably doesn't have a very significant impact. And now I finally understand why there were some Chinese apps showing up in "my" marketplace. :D

exactly, and with any softbank derived firmware you get Pinyin IME and Korean IME keyboards showing up as an option, which does not show up in on my Nexus One...

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the marketplace limitations, I've got a Nexus One thats a AT&T device, and just because I'm over in the UK, still on AT&T but roaming, some things that where in the market place when I'm in the US dont show up...

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404

Ok,

Since I cant really test this, I'm hoping for some feedback from the people with T-Mobile problems...

apply this update over your existing install of 0.3.. no need to wipe,.., and see if 3G is working for you now...

It did not make any difference for me, so at least it should not make things any worse....

r0.3_update_de_softened_gsm_fix_blade_signed.zip

Guest beebaakid
Ok,

Since I cant really test this, I'm hoping for some feedback from the people with T-Mobile problems...

apply this update over your existing install of 0.3.. no need to wipe,.., and see if 3G is working for you now...

It did not make any difference for me, so at least it should not make things any worse....

Hello ...

couldnt get your rom to work with t-mobile so I tried fibblesans 2.2 with the new kernel, and that works, there is a comment on his first post about swapping taiwan dns to google dns, well whatever he has done it works, hope this is of some help.

Guest Professor Frink

I put this 2.2 rom together with the update on my SF yesterday and everything seems to be working well.

In fact it seems to be a lot faster and angry birds works a lot better.

So, thanks a lot Sebastian for the time that you have put into this rom. :D

Guest Sebastian404
Hello ...

couldnt get your rom to work with t-mobile so I tried fibblesans 2.2 with the new kernel, and that works, there is a comment on his first post about swapping taiwan dns to google dns, well whatever he has done it works, hope this is of some help.

I had noticed there was a taiwan based DNS server in the config... however its the same in the stock OUK rom.. and the others I checked... so I don't think that should matter too much.

This fix is about the fact T-Mobile users cant seem to get 3G to work at all..

Guest jasonXXx
I had noticed there was a taiwan based DNS server in the config... however its the same in the stock OUK rom.. and the others I checked... so I don't think that should matter too much.

This fix is about the fact T-Mobile users cant seem to get 3G to work at all..

Im ON TMOB UK AND IT WORKS FINE OUT THE BOX.

Guest Rotmann

I would just try what Flibblesan suggested:

"Changed default DNS from Taiwan to Google DNS. May fix the no connection issues affecting some users."

As FLB Froyo users on T-Mobile do not have any problems, this could be the key.

Guest Sebastian404
I would just try what Flibblesan suggested:

"Changed default DNS from Taiwan to Google DNS. May fix the no connection issues affecting some users."

As FLB Froyo users on T-Mobile do not have any problems, this could be the key.

Apart from that DNS server is the same in EVERY stock rom.... maybe?

Guest Sebastian404
t mobile still not working after the updates

Your on T-Mobile Post Pay? are you roaming onto the 'Orange T-Mobile' network or just on T-Mobile?

Guest zakariya420
Your on T-Mobile Post Pay? are you roaming onto the 'Orange T-Mobile' network or just on T-Mobile?

im on t mobile contract.yes im on roaming for calls only i think

Guest Rotmann

How can we then explain that only JJ and this ROM's Froyo have problems? B) Strange stuff. Anyway, could you tell us when and if you will make a new release? I know you are busy on the AMON_RA stuff, on moving your content to another servers and work on another project, but just to make things a little exciting. :P JJ has too many battery issues, Flibble has some issues too, this still remains the closest to perfect ROM IMHO :D .

Guest tanivula
Ok,

Tried this update here in NZ and reset APNs back to default, it has probably made the problem worse, google stuff doesnt work either now :/

Guest mouseman99

Ever since I updated the Kernel on this rom, my wi-fi keeps dropping. Has anyone else had this problem. It never once off beforehand

Suggestions?

Guest Sebastian404
How can we then explain that only JJ and this ROM's Froyo have problems? B) Strange stuff. Anyway, could you tell us when and if you will make a new release? I know you are busy on the AMON_RA stuff, on moving your content to another servers and work on another project, but just to make things a little exciting. :P JJ has too many battery issues, Flibble has some issues too, this still remains the closest to perfect ROM IMHO :D .

not really. The route I was going down was the RIL.. the update replaces the RIL libs with ones from the stock OUK rom.... but that seems not to of helped anyone....

I don't mind spending $5 on a PAYG SIM, but I'm not signing upto a T-Mobile contract for 2 years :P

Guest Kthulhu
not really. The route I was going down was the RIL.. the update replaces the RIL libs with ones from the stock OUK rom.... but that seems not to of helped anyone....

I don't mind spending $5 on a PAYG SIM, but I'm not signing upto a T-Mobile contract for 2 years :D

I do not know what could be the problem with T-mobile, but the rom works quite well for me(giffgaff O2). My Wifi is reconected 99% of the time, battery consumtion is OK, phone usage is perfect, zero screen freezes,...so please Seb: take your time but keep updating if you can.

On the other hand, in the forum there are lot of people that install a custum rom and the minute after are complaining about something not working. Usually are user specific problems due to their specific device configuration, apps installed or lack of knowledege (like wipe chae/data ). Please think twice before posting, all the great Developers we have in Modaco do have a life outside this forum ...well not all but some of them may have :P

Guest Gnitrops

Is there any method I can change the way the call log presents itself? I liked the 2.1 version better, this 2.2 groups all the call from each contact, I'd rather have it on a normal list, ordered by date. Is it possible?

seb, just wanted to add my thanks for a rom well done. I'm very surprised with some of the above posts and reported 'problems'. Since getting one of the first SF that was sold in the UK I have lost count of how many roms i've loaded and other changes i've made. I must admit this one is the closest one i've tried that's perfect. Since I have two SF to play with, I use one for development, I have actually tried everything i can think of to find a defect in this rom and i cannot find a single thing wrong. Maybe I'm lucky but I have tried this rom now on both of my SF and both work just great. I'm now on the r0.3 with the updated kernel. LEDs working as supposed to, wifi reconnect everytime, battery drain acceptable (after battery bump/stats wipe) etc.. etc... as i said, for me, nothing short of perfect mate. It's going to take something really special to make me move away from this one.. Thanks again.. :D

Edited by xzyk

Guest leetron1
seb, just wanted to add my thanks for a rom well done. I'm very surprised with some of the above posts and reported 'problems'. Since getting one of the first SF that was sold in the UK I have lost count of how many roms i've loaded and other changes i've made. I must admit this one is the closest one i've tried that's perfect. Since I have two SF to play with, I use one for development, I have actually tried everything i can think of to find a defect in this rom and i cannot find a single thing wrong. Maybe I'm lucky but I have tried this rom now on both of my SF and both work just great. I'm now on the r0.3 with the updated kernel. LEDs working as supposed to, wifi reconnect everytime, battery drain acceptable (after battery bump/stats wipe) etc.. etc... as i said, for me, nothing short of perfect mate. It's going to take something really special to make me move away from this one.. Thanks again.. :D

+1

Guest That-Guy
battery drain acceptable (after battery bump/stats wipe) etc.. etc...

Do you just fully charge the phone then go into ClockWork to wipe battery stats?

Guest Kthulhu
Do you just fully charge the phone then go into ClockWork to wipe battery stats?

Try the battery calibration pro-tip posted in the forum and your battery will have a new life.

I only do the wipe battery stats once (after going through a similar process to the above post). After that I just always make sure that before I load a new rom the battery is always at 100 percent full. I've never had an issue after that. I also have utils that automatigally put the phone into airplane mode between 01:00 and 06:59; my work alarm scheduled to go off at 07:00 <lol>. I have 3G+ always on, wifi about 20-30mts use daily and hardware GPS rarely, I also make about 10 calls a day plus around 20-30 texts daily. With this set up my battery lasts around 40-48 hours between charging. I know others have reported some really crappy battery times, I can't explain that, all i can tell you is what i do and what i get out of my batteries on both my SFs.

Edited by xzyk